Status: Updated regularly!

Letters to My Soulmate

November 2nd, 2014

My Soulmate,

Oh, wow. It's really intimidating to write to you, did you know that? I bet you're smiling already, and I haven't even said anything important yet. But that's okay, because I'm smiling, too. I'm smiling because I'm thinking of you, and I always smile when I imagine the wonderful future we will have together.

I went to a psychic. I think you'll be okay with that, you should know I'm a believer. The psychic told me about you. Don't worry, it was all good things. It was all amazing things! Do you wanna hear what he said? Well, apparently you are very much into physical fitness, and it will be a big part of our lives -- let me just say, good luck getting me off the couch. This could mean anything, you could be a marathon runner, an athlete, or a gym teacher. I think it would be adorable if you're a gym teacher, since I want to be an English teacher. I bet you think it's cute, too. Don't try and hide that smile from me, now.

What else did he say about you? Oh, when I meet you, I'm going to feel intimidated. I'm already intimidated just writing to you! I can imagine how intimidating you will be, running on that treadmill or lifting those weights. I hope you're not a fitness goon, you know, none of that "I lift things up and put them down" attitude, please. I'm only teasing. If you're my soulmate, you won't be a fitness goon. You'll be a gentleman. The reason I'm going to feel intimidated is because I'll recognize a big change in my life. My heart is beating fast already.

He also told me you won't cheat, and we won't divorce. Do you have any idea how much that means to me? I'm sure you know about my parents, how hard it is for me dealing with them. I don't want to be like them. Promise me we won't be like them? Promise me we won't. We don't have to be perfect, but I don't want to be like them.

Wanna hear about our kids? There will be more than one, and they'll win trophies. That's what the psychic said, trophies for physical fitness and music. Sounds like a combination of the two of us. But that's what kids are, a combo of their parents. God, our kids are gonna be great.

I wonder what you're doing right now? It's almost 9pm, which means you could be getting ready for bed. You know I wish I was there with you, so you could hold me all night long, make me feel safe and wanted. I know you'll do that for me. And we'll smile and talk and play around until we fall asleep, only to wake up and start the day over again. It sounds like a dream, doesn't it? I can't wait until it's real.

I've decided to write to you for a few reasons, but mostly because I like thinking about you, and I already talk to you in my head, so I might as well put it on paper, don't you think? I hope you won't make fun of me. I'm just excited to meet you. I can't wait until I meet you, but you can come with your own time (maybe just a little faster?). I'll also write to you to tell you all the things I want you to know about me, maybe the things I have trouble telling you in person. So, listen closely.

I love you. I've been waiting to say that the whole time I've been writing, but I was holding back. I don't want to hold back, because I've loved you, just like that song, for a thousand years. Enough of the cheesy lines, yeah? I think that's enough for now. I'll see you soon. Sweet dreams, love.

With All My Heart,
Me