Untitled

Prologue

Everyone believes I was created from Link's fears and hatred. But what they don't know is that I have been here since the beginning of time. Gannon, who has given me this body; Link, who my body has been modeled after; and Princess Zelda. All wield the Triforces; Power, Courage, and Wisdom. I aim to kill them.There is another side to the Triforce. When Light is present, so is Darkness. There is a dark, forbidden, Triforce of which I wield. I have been out to destroy the Light Triforce since the beginning that it was created. Now that Gannon has given me this body, I have been fighting them ever since. I have created the Fierce Deity mask in the hopes that it would change Link, but he somehow holds back the killing urge it gives him. He is unaware of what its true purpose is. Someday, he will fall.

In the beginning, there was Light; but within that Light was Darkness. Hylia, Goddess of Light, dwelt in the heavens, a peaceful being. There was only she and her three sisters; Din, Nayru, and Farore. They knew of the existence of the Darkness and dared not to go near. That all changed when a being ventured into their peacefulness. He did no harm, was only curious. His red eyes were wide as he took in the scenery around him.

"What brings you here?" Hylia inquired of him.

She stood before him on a platform surrounded by a forest, making her look even more regal. He had no words; his mouth stood agape.

She repeated herself. "What brings you here?"

Taking a moment to pull himself out of his daze, he bowed deeply. "I am sorry to intrude, but I could not resist the urge to come and visit."

The Goddess regarded him coldly. "You are a Darkling, there is no purpose for you here."

The grin he gave her was partially admiration and mocking. "The High Goddess has an attitude; I like it."

He was beside her in a flash. Taking her off guard, he wrapped his arms around her and held her to him. She couldn't move; how had he evaded her? Her back was pressed against him and he rested his head on her shoulder.

"Actually," he whispered in her ear, a slight menacing sound to his voice, "I came here for you."

In the blink of an eye, they were in the Dark realm, he having transported them there. Hylia's Light glowed brightly, blinding those around her. It didn't seem to bother him though. He had heard so much about the Light, he had wanted to witness it for himself. Taking her hand, he pulled her along into a large chamber. Though the scenery looked like a dead forest, it still held a regal air to it. They got halfway down the room before she snapped out of her dazed state.

"Stop!" she yelled at him. "Why have you brought me here?"

He wouldn't answer. Instead, he continued on to the far side of the room and escorted her into a chair. Once she sat, she could not get herself out; he had placed a binding spell. She looked at him in more detail now. He reminded her of someone; his tunic, boots, and hat were black, his undershirt and pants, grey. He had short soft black hair and piercing red eyes. His skin was a normal peach, but a tint of grey was there.

"What is your name, if I may ask?" Hylia continued to ponder over her confusion.

He cocked a grin. "I am second in command here, Dark Link. But you may call me Dark."

That's why he looked familiar! He was a complete shadow replica of the Hero. She should have known Demise, the ruler of this realm, would do something like this. "What do you want with me?"

Dark's face came closer. "What all Darkness wants; to snuff out the Light." He paused for a moment. "But you have caught my fancy…why is that?"

He rested his hands in top of hers and leaned in closer, his face inches from hers. This scared her; though she should have held her ground, she could not. She was petrified. She could feel his breath on her cheek; he sensed her discomfort and pulled away with a laugh.

"Did you honestly think I would go after one such as yourself? Pathetic." He frowned in disgust.

Hylia said nothing. She looked like a frightened child. Something strange made his chest contract in discomfort; what was this feeling? The bond keeping her fell away and she stood, shaking. He made no move to stop her. She ran past him without glancing back, ready to be rid of this place. Dark could only watch her leave, having completely lost his purpose of taking her Light. Another feeling washed over him and his body moved on its own. He appeared before her as she was about to leave and drew her close again. Opening her mouth to scream, she was cut off by Dark's lips enveloping hers. He couldn't believe what he was doing; where had that come from? It lasted for several minutes, he kissing her over and over and Hylia pushing at him with all her might to get away. Dark released his prey and she slipped away quickly, leaving him standing there. He knew now why he had done that.

"Demise, you fool! Why?" WHY did you do this to me?!" Dark clutched at his head and screamed.

He was the bearer of the Dark Triforce, the strongest next to Demise, but he wasn't. Demise had been feeding him a lie; he was but a mirror image of Link, the Hero of Light. Everything he was feeling was that of Link's, except for the hatred; that was his own.

"You shall all pay for this," he growled under his breath.

Centuries passed and the Light grew. A whole world was created; the Hylians, named after Hylia herself, their Goddess. Peace was upon the land for many years; that changed when Demise rose up to claim the golden relics of Light, the Triforce. Wars were fought and the Hero led each and every one. Their fighting was a success until the Hero fell to the Darkness, having sacrificed himself in order for Hylia and the people to escape. Hylia could not bear the thought of being parted from the Hero, so she set his spirit to rest in an eternal cycle, along with her own. This seeped and Demise was cursed to this fate as well, his incarnate being that of Ganon. Burying the body of the man she loved, Hylia returned to her people and ruled over them as their queen. Her sisters had already exhausted their powers in creating the Triforce, leaving it in her hands to protect. Darkness still lingered in these times of peace, but it was faint. He still watched over the Goddess, still being connected to the Hero though he was dead. Hylia knew this and began to engage with him. Dark didn't want to at first, but he slowly grew to feel for her. He cherished her, and she him. Though they were two sides of the coin, they found a way to be happy. That ended when Hylia gave up her immortal body to become a normal Hylian girl to be reunited with her Hero. Dark was furious and joined once again with Ganon. Countless times over now, war returned… and Dark waited it out. He was doomed to be a shadow, never dying. He sought once again for the destruction of the Light, but he could never bring himself to kill the Goddess' incarnation, Zelda. He lives out his life in a circle, always trying to kill the man he was cursed to look like, hating him for everything. He continues to try everything he can to kill the Hero of Light, for someday…he will fall…and Darkness will reign.
♠ ♠ ♠
A friend wrote this for me, and the rest I wrote myself based off of this Prologue. I hope you enjoy it.