Untitled

Chapter 9

Past

"Dark Link! Pick up your sword! I didin't take you from that cave just so you can lay on the floor!" Demise yelled. Dark Link picked up his sword and readied himself for Demise's attack. "Now prepare yourself!" Demise lifted up his sword.

"I refuse to give up. I will prevail and become stronger then even you!" Dark yelled and attacked.

Present Time

"Zelda! Where are you going? The gate is this way," Dark pointed. He watched her as she continued to walk in the wrong direction. She got to the edge of the cliff and pointed downward.

"They look like they are having fun. Maybe we can take over this realm too. Oooh it gives me chills to just think about it. Can we go down there and play?" she asked, smiling.

Dark walked over and saw what she was pointing at. There was a battle of darklings and on each side were catapults. Most of them were broken. Bodies littered the ground. There were even fires in some spots.

"That does look fun, I admit, but... Hey!" Dark watched as Zelda jumped off the cliff and ran towards the battle. "Agh! Fine! We shall join the fray!" Dark said as he jumped off after Zelda.

As soon as he landed a darkling soldier swung his battle ax at him. Dark dodged it and grabbed the ax from the soldier and threw it at the next oncoming soldier. The soldier without a battle ax was confused and then was impaled on Dark's sword. Dark saw Zelda jump into the air and throw her needles, which hit everyone she was aiming at in the neck. She didn't even pull up her face mask. She was smiling as she parried a soldiers sword and stuck hers in his stomach. She was ruthless and Dark admired her even more.

"Whose side are you on darkling?!" A soldier came up to Dark with a huge sword.

"Her side." Dark pointed at Zelda.

"And whose side is she on?" the soldier asked, bringing up is sword, ready to attack if given the wrong answer.

"We just came here to have fun. We are killing everyone," Dark said as he looked the soldier up and down.

This soldier was no push over. He was obviously the only one with a hug sword and had some authority. Dark decided that underestimating this guy would be deadly. The soldier came at him and swung his sword as if swinging a twig. Dark jumped and landed on the man's blade. The man swung his sword upward to throw Dark off. This soldier was obviously not fazed by Dark landing on his blade, and was ready for more.

"This is interesting. Even Link was surprised when I jumped onto his sword, yet you just acted like it was nothing. has that happened to you before?" Dark asked.

"This is war, nothing fazes me anymore," the soldier said as he lifted his sword above his head.

Dark saw his opportunity and dashed forth; he swung his sword and hit the soldier in the chest, cutting him deep. The soldier went to one knee and held his chest.

"I tend to get bored when I just fight one opponent so I'm going to end this quick," Dark said over his shoulder.

The soldier came up from behind, swinging his sword in hopes of cutting Dark in half. Dark jumped into the air and landed behind the soldier slashing downwards cutting him in half. Dark then ran in the middle of the battle, fighting his way all the way there. Once he was in the middle he saw Zelda again as she was fighting three men at once. They were clumsy and she killed them all with one attack. She seemed to get better as the fight went on, but Dark had decided that it should end now.

"Zelda! Keep them away from me for a bit," Dark said as he stabbed the ground with his sword. He put his fists together.

"What are you going to do?" She asked as she protected him. Dark ignored her and began.

"Mors, obitus, decessus," Dark chanted. A whirlwind encircled him and then lighting swirlled around him. When he was done it shot out in all directions and killed all the soldiers. Zelda watched as all of the opponents fell one by one. The battle field fell quiet and only Dark and Zelda stood there.

"Why did you go and do that? I was having so much fun too," she pouted.

"Sorry, but we need to get back to Hyrule. I have promised myself that I'd get you out of here as soon as possible," Dark said as he grabbed Zelda's shoulder's. "Once there I'll train you some more." Zelda's eyes got big and she smiled. She then hugged him and walked back towards the gate.

"By the way, how did you do that? You killed everyone on the battlefield. Why haven't you done that before?" Zelda asked as they stepped over the dead.

"It was something that I learned over a course of time. But it takes so long that I can't really use it while fighting single opponents. If you were any further from me, you would have died too, so that's why I didn't use it while we were at the castle," Dark said. Zelda looked at him and smiled.

"Could you teach it to me?" She asked as she walked closer to Dark.

"No, it's something that only I can use. Anyone else I doubt has the ability to." Dark said. She looked at him in disappointment. "You will learn something else that not even I can use." He said winking at her. She smiled big and began to dance a little.

It was weird seeing her act like a little child but it was in a menacing way. Once they were at the end of the field she stopped. Dark could sense something was wrong. He stopped and looked around with his hand on his sword and shield. Something, or someone, was watching them in the shadows. Which was funny since Dark was that of the shadows. He looked and looked but saw nothing.

"I don't see anything," Zelda Whispered.

"Keep moving, whatever is there has no intention of attacking...at this moment anyways. Just keep an eye out and watch your surroundings," Dark replied.

They continued walking at the ready in case whatever it was that was watching them attacked. They got to the entrance of the gate where they came in at and Dark grabbed Zelda's shoulders, stopping her from going in.

"Once we go through, we will destroy everything that moves. Including the reaper. Watch him, he is crafty and is almost impossible to beat. He wasn't the gaurdian of this gate for nothing," Dark informed her. She stared at him.

"I got you so I'm not worried about it," She walked through the gate as did Dark. That's when it came out of the shadows.

"I will have to inform Lord Ganon of this right away," it said as it slithered through the gate.