Untitled

Chapter 10

Zelda was the first to go through the gate; she looked around and saw the reaper at the door. Dark came in after her and stood beside her. The reaper just stood there with his scythe.

"Hey reaper, is it possible to open this gate anywhere else?" Dark asked.

"This is the only place, why do you ask?" the reaper answered.

"What if Ganon came in and killed you? Is there a way to open the portal?" Dark continued.

"My scythe, but why would Lord Ganon want me dead? I am only a guardian," the reaper asked suspiciously.

Dark walked up to the reaper and stared at him. Just then, Dark drew his sword so fast it was as if it had already been in his hand the whole time, and stabbed the reaper through the chest. The reaper went limp and fell off his sword. Dark looked surprised and wondered how that was so easy. He turned his back and motioned towards Zelda to come. Zelda just stood there and pointed towards Dark. Dark wondered why she was pointing at him then realized it wasn't him she was pointing at, but at something behind him. He turned and saw a blade comming down on him. Letting instinct take over, he rolled to the left readying his sword once more. The reaper was standing once more and looked at Dark with his scythe stuck in the ground. It then disappeared in a puff of smoke and then reappeared behind Dark and swung. Dark was ready and flipped forward, the scythe missing him by a hair. He looked back and saw Zelda kicking the reaper in the head, sending him into a wall. The reaper got up and disappeared. It appeared at the top of a platform above them and sent bats towards them. These bats where definantly not alive yet they moved. They were skeletons of bats and they were covered in black smoke. Dark wondered what would happen if one was to actually hit you. But he would rather not find out and swung his sword as fast as he could killing ten in one swing and continued swinging. He saw Zelda swinging her short sword with lighting quick reflexes. She also threw her needles and killed several that way. Then the reaper appeared before her and attempted to decapitate her. She dodged and brought her foot up, kicking him in the chin. He was sent flying and landed on his back. Dark jumped into the air and tried landing on him with his sword into the reapers skull. It disappeared and slashed him in the back. Dark screamed in pain and landed on his stomach. Zelda did a flying side kick but was grabbed and was slammed onto the ground. That's when it happened. Watching Zelda get slammed like that pissed him off. He stood up and threw his shield to the side.

"You shouldn't have done that," Dark said beneath clinched teeth. His sword was then ablaze in black fire.

"Consume them, Burakkufaiyā." He then charged forward, stabbing the reaper in the face; it screeched and started to flail around as it burned. The fire lingered until everything was burned to ash. He picked Zelda up and she dusted herself off.

"Well that was fun, and yet, you have another beautiful technique. When will I get my own?" she asked gleefully. Then she remembered his back. "We have to get that tended to!" she said worriedly. She looked at his back and only saw torn cloth.

"Wh-what? Didn't he cut you?" she asked confused.

"Well, I am that of shadows. And I only have one weakness that I refuse to tell anyone...even you," Dark said as he walked towards the exit. She looked at him then shook her head.

"My dear Dark, you are just full of surprises," she said as she walked alongside him.

They went through the whole temple destroying everything that moved. They went seperate ways so that they could cover more ground. They met back at the exit when they were done and they exited the temple.

"Aw man! I forgot about the Scythe!" Dark put his hand up to his head. He walked back in. Zelda waited outside for him to return. He came back out moments later with the scythe in hand.

"It's your fault I forgot about it!" He pointed at Zelda.

"My fault? How is it my fault?!" she asked.

"Well, if you would covered your blasted face I wouldn't be mesmerized by your beauty, then I'd have remembered!" he said as he walked away. Zelda blushed and then walked up to him.

"It's not my fault that you keep looking!" She punched his arm.

They walked for miles. She then realized that they were walking towards Hyrule castle. "Whoa whoa, why are we going back to the castle?" she asked nervously.

"Link may be there. I'd like to say hi for old time's sake," Dark answered with an evil smile.

"Oh, I see...Can I kill him? Please!" she pleaded.

"No, as much as it would satisfy me to see his ex love kill him, I think I want to have the pleasure of running him through," Dark answered.

"But you have failed many times before! And by the way I see it, it seems you don't even give it your all when you fight him," she answered.

"That's because when I fight him, my power is severaly weakened. I was made in his image and therefore when I am around him, I have the same amount of power as he does. Because of that, I am not used to it and so he beats me. As much as I hate it, he wins. I have confidence that this time will be different. I have...more motivation now," he said as he looked at Zelda.

"Well in that case if you lose this time, I'll kill you myself!" She stuck her toungue out.

"Haha, I'm sure you will." They continued to walk in silence The rest of the way. They arrived the next day.

"Zelda, I'll meet you in your room," Dark informed her.

"Ooo, you will huh?" she teased, smiling impishly.

"Oh shush, not like that!" he said as he disappeared into the shadows.

Zelda walked in and was greeted by Impa.

"Zelda! What happened?! Why do you look like that?" Impa questioned.

"I had to deal with something awful and was changed like this! I was afraid that you wouldn't think it was me because of this white hair and red eyes. Can my people ever look at me the same?" She covered her face with her hands, faking a cry.

"Sure they will. Come, let's get you a bath and you clothed more like a royal," Impa comforted her.

Zelda nodded and followed Impa. This person used to be her gaurdian and one of her closest friends...until now. Ever since she had changed, the feelings towards everyone disappeared. The only one she had feelings towards was Dark. He made her feel complete and made her wonder why she ever left him. After her bath she got dressed in her usual dress. It made her very uncomfortable and she wished she didn't have to put it on. She returned to her room and there was Dark, sitting on her window sill.

"About time you showed up," he said, not even looking in her direction.

"Oh were you waiting on little ol me?" She walked up to him. He then looked at her and smiled.

"Dressed for a special occasion?" He poked her cheek.

"No, sadly when I'm here, I have to wear this disgrace," she said, looking disgusted. Dark laughed and then looked back out the window.

"Beautiful night. Makes me want to kill someone," he said with a smirk on his face. "Have you heard anything about Link?" he asked eagerly.

"I hear he arrives in a couple of weeks. Gives you enough time to train me." She looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"Fine, we start tomorrow," he said still looking towards the sky.

Something felt off but he wasn't sure what.