Untitled

Chapter 1

The soldiers walked through Shadow Forest in a three man front formation; the ones in the front and back had spears and the rest had swords and shields. All the soldiers wore armor that had the Triforce symbol on the right breast, symbolizing Hylians. The man in the middle wore a red cape, showing he was the commander.

"Sir, this forest gives me the creeps. I have a feeling that someone is watching us," a soldier said to the commander with an obvious expression of discomfort.

"Shut up and keep walking soldier! We are the soldiers of Hyrule, we fear nothing!" the commander barked at the soldier.

"Yes sir..." the soldier sulked.

Suddenly, there was a russling sound to the right of the formation and the soldiers stopped and faced it, readying their weapons. A rabbit jumped and ran across the road, startling several of the soldiers.

"It was just a rabbit! Get back to marching!" the commander yelled. Just then, an arrow struck a soldier in the head and he fell beside the commander.

"BATTLE FORMATIONS EVERYONE!" the commander ordered. Another arrow found it's mark on another soldier's head. "Stand your ground!" the commander yelled at his soldier's.

Just then a dark human figure appeared in the middle of the formation as if it had been there the whole time. He started laughing and with blinding speed, it unsheathed its sword and shield and spun, cutting several of the men in half as if they were churned butter.

"Attack men!" the commander said as he was running towards the man in black.

The man in dark clothing turned and suddenly appeared beside the commander, slicing his arm off. The man continued through the ranks, killing all of the soldiers as they were trying to attack him back. The commander watched as his men were being slaughtered, holding his arm in writhing pain. What was this man, that he could destroy a squadron of men without even a single fault? Several minutes went by but the commander laid there; it felt as if it were hours. The man in black walked up to the commander with a smile on his face. This guy had red eyes, his skin was a normal peach but had a slight grey tint to it. His hair was black and it shinned in the sun light.

"Oh commander! Seems I have cut off your arm! I am terribly sorry! Allow me to ask you a question; would it be possible for you to talk to Princess Zelda for me?" the man in black asked with a menacing smile.

"What was the purpose in killing my men if you just wanted me to ask the Princess a question? You could have just showed up and asked me to do so without killing my men," the commander asked with a curious expression.

"For fun. Now, can you or can you not ask her?" The man in black was obviously getting a little irritated.

"Yes I can, but what is it that you want to ask? If it is something that will hurt her I would rather take my own life than do so," the commander said in a cold voice.

"Ask the Princess if she knows who she really is. Also, tell her that Dark Link asked this question." The man stared at the commander for a minute and then dissapeared into the shadows, making them one.

Dark Link appeared over a ridge above the ground that he had just had a battle on, watching as the commander dressed his wounds and ran towards Hyrule castle. Dark stood there and watched as the soldier ran.

"Pathetic humans!"Dark hissed. "Why did she leave me to be like this scum? "AGH! Why do I keep thinking of that?"

Standing there for a couple more seconds looking over what he had just done to the soldiers down below and admiring his work, he disappeared once more.