Untitled

Chapter 2

Dark entered into the throne room of Gannon’s castle; his room was just past the throne. Gannon was suspicious of Dark and had ordered him to stay in his castle. Dark knew that his time serving under Gannon was becoming nigh, but knew that in the beginning when he had fallen in love with Hylia that the time to kill him would come. Gannon was unaware of what the dark Triforce's power was, and didn’t know Dark’s power was growing slowly. By the time he would realize, it would be too late.

"Link! Where have you been?!" the lord of Darkness boomed.

"Having fun, m'lord. And please call me Dark; I hate the name Link." Dark grimaced.

"You do realize I have eyes and ears outside these walls?" Gannon said with an irritated tone.

"And what has your eyes seen and your ears heard? M'lord, I am your eyes and ears," Dark said, which was true. All of Gannon's other minions were too scared to even talk to him without falling over from fright.

"Don't mock me worm. I can kill you if I wanted," Gannon declared as he rose from his seat.

"Of course you can. But if you did, there would be no one to replace me," Dark reminded him.

Gannon was silent for a second. Dark could tell that Gannon was thinking on what he said; he finally turned his back on Dark and walked out of the room. Dark held himself back from attacking the Dark Lord, and walked to his chamber.

"One day Gannon...one day," Dark said under his breath.

"Princess Zelda! One of the commanders from the recon platoon; he is severely injured but has come with a message!" one of the guards said as he bowed before the Princess.

"What happened? Will he be ok?!" she worriedly asked.

"He will survive. Someone in black attacked and killed everyone but him. But the man in black said he wanted us to ask you a question, princess," the guard said with a curious expression.

"How can one man kill an entire platoon? What is this question that had him kill my soldier's?" Zelda asked with a worried expression.

"He wanted us to ask, “Do you know who you really are?”" The guard was getting curious himself and awaited an answer.

"Who I really am? What did he mean by that?” Zelda scratched her head thinking on the question. “Did he ask anything else?"

"No, he did not. But he did want you to know his name; Dark Link," he said.

"Dark Link? I know my love is fighting Gannon’s forces at this moment, but a Dark Link? Why does that sound familiar?" she wondered.

"What should we do m'lady?" the guard asked, waiting on an order.

"That is all for now,” she said as she pondered on what was going on.

"What did he mean?"

Night came and Zelda was getting ready for bed. She was in her chamber sitting at her vanity table looking at herself while brushing her golden hair. Suddenly, a shadow appeared behind her. She spun around to look; there in the window stood a figure with what looked to be Link.

"My love! You have returned!" She got up and started to rush over. The figure in the window turned towards her and his crimson eyes shown in the dark as if they lit up. Zelda stopped in place.

"Hello Princess. Have you remembered who you are yet?" The figure stepped forward.

"Wh-what? Who are you? Are you the one that killed my soldiers?" she asked frightened.

"There's no need to be frightened princess. You are perfectly safe,” the figure assured. He continued to walk towards her. She was too frightened to move. He walked into the light and she gasped.

"You’re Dark Link! What do you want with me?" She asked while looking around her room, searching for a weapon. She wanted to scream but couldn’t find her voice to do so.

"Just to talk; you still haven't answered my question." He stared at her. There was something in his eyes, something familiar, but she could not figure out what it was. By this time he was only within arm’s reach. He leaned in and was inches from her face.

"Well, do you remember or not?" Just then the door slammed open and knights rushed in, but by the time they got in he was already gone. She stood there shaking.

"Those eyes, they remind me of something, but of what?" One of the soldiers helped her to her bed and she sat at the edge.

"Someone get Impa! Don't worry m'lady, Impa will be here and she will guard you," the guard assured her. She sat there wondering what had happened.

"Zelda! Are you ok?!" Impa ran in grabbing both of Zelda's hands in hers.

"Yes, I'm fine. But that man. There was something about him that reminds me of something. But I don't know of what. And his power; I could sense his power and it scared me. Yet it also felt familiar." She shook her head in confusion.

"Lay down my Princess. I will stay in here and keep watch over you," Impa said as she turned towards the window.

"Thank you. Thank you all." She laid her head down on her pillow.

She closed her eyes and fell asleep. She dreamed that she was standing in a beautiful forest. She stood on a platform with three other women. They were beautiful woman, and there seemed to be a light coming from them. Suddenly, she appeared in a forest full of dead trees and in the distance saw a figure in black, with peach skin yet with a hint of grey. This man was standing there with a sword and shield on his back. Suddenly, he disappeared and reappeared behind her. She spun around and looked him in his crimson eyes.

"Why did you leave me? Was my love for you not strong enough? Is it because my love isn't my own?" He stared at her with eye's that held hatred yet love.

She woke up, startled. What was it that she had dreamed? Both the forests looked familiar, as if she had seen them before. Her mind reeled as a hand landed on her shoulder.

"AGH!" Zelda yelled in surprise.

"Zelda. It's me Impa. It's ok, I'm here," Impa said comforting her.

"I'm ok. It's was only a dream," she said as she laid back down. The rest of the night she could not sleep. The images of the man in black and her dreams kept replaying in her head.

"Who am I?" she said as it was time for her to get up. She turned to go to her vanity table and saw a piece of paper sitting there. Impa had already left to do her business.

"Could Impa have left that?" she asked herself. She walked over and grabbed the note.

"Zelda, if you want to know who you really are, then come to the Spirit Temple. I'll be waiting. Dark Link." She stood there reading. There was a sudden knock on the door and it opened. Zelda hid the letter behind her back.

"M'lady? Your breakfast is ready," the servant said as she stuck her head through the door.

"Thank you. I'll be down in a second," she said with a nervous voice.

"M'lady, are you ok? Still shaken up from last night?" she asked.

"No, I'm fine now. You can go now," Zelda assured.

"As you wish m'lady." The servant closed the door.

"What should I do? Obviously this man knows something about me that even I don't know.Should I go and meet him?" she wondered as she got dressed.

That evening she was sitting in the throne room still wondering about the previous day. Suddenly, something flashed in front of her eyes. She was back in the dead forest she had dreamed about that previous night.

"What? Whats going on? How did I get here?" Something appeared in front of her and it was dark and evil. Yet it didin't seem to want to attack her.

"What are you waiting for? Go to the Spirit Temple! You must remember who you are!" the figured commanded. It then came rushing towards her

and she woke up with a startled yelp.

"It was another dream?" she said in relief.

"I don't know what to do. Should I go and speak to Dark Link?" She pondered this for several minutes.

"I believe I will. Mary!" She called one of her servant girls over. "I am going to make a trip by myself. Send for Impa and tell her she will take over until I get back." She turned to leave when Impa walked in the door.

"I highly discourage you to leave Your Highness. What if that man attacks you?" she said worriedly.

"You have taught me well. He cannot hurt me; I can take care of myself," she reassured Impa putting her hands on Impa's shoulders.

"You're in charge till I get back," she said as she left towards her room. When she got inside she went to a chest with the Sheikah symbol on it. She opened it and put on the clothes that were inside.

"I shall be Sheik once more." She stuck the needles in the pouchs around her waist, and stuck the short blade behind her back. She pulled the cowel over her mouth and walked towards the window. She stepped on the ledge and jumped with a flip; she landed on the roof closest and jumped with a side flip to the next. Once she landed on the ground she took off in a sprint towards the Spirit Temple. While she was Sheik, she took on a stance that only Sheikah took. Impa taught her how to fight with mixed martial arts and could throw her needles with deadly accuracy. She ran till night came and she took to the branches above in the trees. She had slept soundly, better then the night before. When dawn broke she woke and took off again. She arrived at the Gerudo Dessert around noon. She ran through the sand as if she were light as a feather and rode down the sand hills with ease. Around the evening she could see the top of the temple. Once she arrived she stopped at the entrance; she looked around and saw nothing, yet felt like someone was watching her.

"I know you're watching me. How about you come out?" she said in the Sheik voice.

"HA! You think you can fool me Princess? I know you put on the Sheikah uniform to hide from Gannon." He appeared behind her so fast she was unaware until her whispered in her ear.

"I'll keep it as a secret though." He played with her braided hair. She spun with a kick meaning to knock him out. But he was gone before she had connected. How was he able to dodge that? How was he able to get behind her without her noticing?

"Glad you were able to make it! Seems you got some skills, Your Highness," he said with a smile on his face.

"Do you know why I brought you to the Spirit Temple?" he said, spreading his hands. She looked up, scanning the temple. There were two statues in the shape of humans with owl heads holding onto what looked to be a clock.

"No, I do not. What does this place have to do with who I am?" she asked in a cold voice.

"Hehe, come on inside princess. The answer is inside," he said turning his back on her and walking up the steps.

"Why should I go with you?" she asked.

"Unless you do, you will continue to have those nightmares," he said calmly.

"How did you know I was having nightmares?" she wondered.

"Hurry up. We are running out of time," he said with a worried look.

"Fine! I'll follow. If you try anything I will kill you," she warned.

"Whatever," he said unworriedly. He walked up the stairs towards the entrance and went inside. She was behind him and had stopped at the door.

"Well are you comming or not?" She heard him ask from inside. She shook her head and walked in.