Untitled

Chapter 3

Inside the temple there were pillars all over the place to hold up the roof. Years and years of sand had built up and the pillars were the only thing keeping the roof from caving in. Though there were parts of the roof that had crumbled away revealing the sky and on the floor piles of sand, there were stairs leading up, and on both sides of the stairs were the same statues as outside.

"Didn't Link kill these monsters years ago?" Zelda asked looking around at the skeletons walking around with swords and shields.

"Yes, but Ganon has put a spell on this place to where the sands themselfs reanimate the dead. If they were alive before Link came in, then they are dead now," Dark said as he started climbing the stairs.

"Why are they not attacking? Clearly they see us yet they are doing nothing," Zelda said in suspicion.

"It's cause I'm with you. That is all you need to know," he said as he walked past one of the skeleton warriors. The skeleton nodded at him as if it reverened him.

"Are you one of Ganon's servants?" she asked grabbing her short sword from her back. The skeleton unsheathed its sword and attacked. Suddenly its head was grabbed and was smashed against the ground with such force that it had created a small crater in the floor. Zelda saw something on the back of his left hand that was dark yet glowed, but was gone before she was able to make out what it was. Dark was standing over it looking at Zelda.

"Yes and no. I will end up killing him soon. But for now I serve him...to an extent. What I am doing now he does not know about. Later we will have to kill everything here; but until then let's continue," he said. He looked like what he was doing was natural to him and wasn't fazed by killing one of Ganon's minions. He turned and walked to a door that looked to be about fifteen feet high.

"No one pulls a sword out on Zelda and survives," Dark thought to himself. The skeleton angered him and had caused him to show a small fraction of his power.

"Why are you called Dark Link? And why do you look like him?" Zelda finaly asked.

"You will find that out once you remember who you are. Until then please keep the questions to a minimal." Dark closed his eyes wishing he could just tell her. But he knew just telling her would only cause disbelief. "I wish she would stop talking all together. It's already hard for me not to grab her in my arms, and listening to her voice is not helping," he thought.

They had gotten to a large room with a huge statue like the ones throughout the temple when suddenly something on top of it appeared.

"What is your business here?" the being asked in a whisper like voice. It held a scythe with an hour glass hanging from it and its body was covered by a black robe.

"We desire to enter the spirit world. Our business there is our own," Dark answered.

"Fine, but while there do not touch anything. Otherwise you will be stuck there for all of eternity," it warned.

"What is that?" Zelda asked. Her cowel was no longer covering her features. Dark looked and stared at her for a bit. She saw him looking and looked away blushing.

"It's time's reaper. He controls time and how people age," he answered forcing himself to look away. Her beauty was stunning and had reminded him of the time he had with Hylia.

"Oh, and we are supposed to kill him?" she wondered.

"Everything dies, princess. Even the reapers," he told her.

"I see," she said wondering what could possibly be powerful enough to kill even the reapers.

They walked up to the statues belly and it opened up. There was a door on the other side and they went through. The reaper was standing to the side, pointing with a boney finger towards a twelve foot tall hour glass.

"There is a price to pay to go through the gate of spirits. It is the time of your life force. Are you sure you want to do this?" the reaper asked.

"I have plenty of time to give," Dark answered.

"I know you do, but what about her?" he asked about Zelda.

"Trust me, she'll have plenty after this." Dark looked at Zelda. She was even more confused now and a little frightend.

"So be it. Head to the hour glass and I will open the gate." The reaper stood there slowly spinning his scythe. The hour glass then started to turn on its side then right side up. It sarted spinning faster and faster till it was but a blur. A portal finaly opened with a silver like light in the background showed a forest full of dead trees.

"I have seen that place, I had dreamed it," Zelda said with a gasp.

"We shall enter what used to be my home," Dark said grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the gate. Once they were through they stopped. Dark pulled off his cap revealing more of his smooth black hair. He stuck the cap in a pouch he had on his side.

"This way," he said moving towards a giant tree. Zelda was getting dizzy and she was having trouble standing. She walked with him until she couldn't stand any more. She almost fell on her face until she stopped inches from the ground. She looked up and saw Dark holding her, keeping her from hitting the ground.

"Whats going on with me?" she asked him.

"Memories. They are all comming at you all at once and it is a little much for you. But it's ok. I'm here and I will lend you strength." He showed her the back of his left hand which showed an upside down Triforce. Only this one was black and yet glowed with a silver tint.

"You also have a Triforce? But why is it black?" Zelda asked looking at Dark.

"This is the long forgotten, forbidden, Triforce. It's the Triforce of Hatred. With my hatred I can get stronger. I don't know how I found it. Maybe it had been created when I was created. Who knows. But I am also able to give the people around me strength. I have only done it once though. It was with you." He looked in her eyes and again she saw something there that looked familiar. Then it came rushing to her. She used to love this man and he loved her. She remembered being injured fighting some monster and he had given her strength to be able to get up and run while he attacked the monster. Back then though, he wasn't as strong as he is now and she felt it.

"I-I loved you once didin't I?" she asked still looking into his crimson eyes.

"Yes, yes you did," he said picking her up and carrying her the rest of the way to the giant tree. He carried her till they got to a cave under the tree. He let her down and because of Dark's strength he had lent her, she was able to walk again. They went in and saw webs on the ceiling. Once they got to the bottom it seemed to be a room. Memories came rushing back, but because of Dark's strength; she was able to bare it.

"This was where we first kissed..... even though you stole the kiss from me," she chuckled.

"Hehe yeah, couldn't help myself. I was actualy supposed to kill you here. Instead I fell in love with you." He stared at her while she walked around the room.

"Though I have some memories back, I still don't know who I am," she said sadly.

"Open the chest over there." He pointed at a black chest that had spider webs all over it.

"But the reaper told us not to touch anything." She said with a worried look.

"The reaper doesn't have the power I do," Dark assured her. She looked at him and then back at the chest. She used to fear this man. But now she trusted him because she now knew what his eyes reminded her of. He still loved her and would do anything for her. She walked over and opened the chest and there revealed a white dress. She picked it up and looked closely. It all came back rushing at her harder than before. She remembered being in the forest of light and having three other sisters. She remembered their names and how they grew up. She remembered that before she had fell in love with Dark that her and Link were together but he had sacrificed himself to protect Skyloft. She remembered how she ran to Dark trying to find love from someone. Dark took her reluctantly but finaly accepted it. She had found out that she could be with Link once more and had left Dark. She had been reincarnated several times after that and each time losing her memories of who she was. She was a goddess. She was Hylia.