Untitled

Chapter 8

A day at the beginning of time

The cave was cold, damp, and silent besides the little dripping sounds of water droplets into a puddle; it also was flooded with darkness and it gave off a feeling of hatred and sadness. At the end of the cave was a formless being.

"What is my purpose? Why am I here? Why am I still alive?" The shapeless being asked himself these questions daily. Something at the end of the cave glowed with a red light. It got brighter and bigger. At first, it looked like a torch, but as it got closer, the fire looked to be surrounding someone's head. This man radiated evil and malice. He had muscles stacked upon muscles. His eyes told the formless one that he wanted everything to be burned into oblivion.

"Ahh, I see great potential in you. I have been searching everywhere for something I can use. I will shape you into a form that will suit me best. Serve me for eternity and I'll give you more power then you know what to do with," the evil one said. The formless one floated back in fear, yet didn't try to escape due to the curiosity it had in this man.

"Come, I will give you a meaning to your life," the man offered. The formless one, without hesitation, accepted the offer. Just then a shape was being formed and the formless one was no longer formless.

''Your name is Dark Link. You will serve me till I tire of you," the man said.

"What is your name m'lord?" Dark Link asked.

"My name is Demise, I am the lord of darkness."

Present

Dark and Zelda walked through a plain that had nothing but black grass, and an occasional poisoned flower which was purple with red thorns on the petals.

"Don't touch the flowers. If you do it's instnt death," Dark warned.

"Ooo I wouldn't mind having a few in my garden back in Hyrule, there's a few maids I'd like to see take them." Zelda giggled. It was weird hearing her say such things. Dark wondered what Majora had done and also if this was permenant.

"That's not like you Zelda," Dark told her.

"What's not like me?" She looked at Dark with an innocent frown.

"You know what I'm talking about. You didn't think death or anything like that was funny. Ever since you lost Link for the first time, death was like a word that you didn't speak lightly of," Dark told her.

"Hehe you've been watching me for years havent you? I think that's cute. What would you say if you no longer have to watch me from a distance from now on?" She skipped in front of him and winked. Usually that would cause a man to blush and turn away. But there was alot on Dark's mind, and such things didn't really faze Dark. Dark pulled his hood over his head and continued to walk in silence.

"Is it such a surprise that I've changed, that you can't even look at me?" she asked while walking beside Dark. Dark said nothing and continued to walk. Suddenly, a short sword appeared at Dark's throat. He stopped and looked at Zelda who was at the other end of the blade.

"I want to spar. Teach me how you move so fast. And did I surprise you?" she said with an evilish grin.

Dark looked at her then disappeared. Zelda looked surprise and stood at a ready position. She then felt a tickle on her ear and she turned; Dark was holding a twig like a sword.

"If you want to spar then come at me. Give me everything you've got princess," Dark challenged. Zelda pulled the cowl over her head and put the face mask on, squaring herself against Dark. They stood in position for a couple of minutes. Sheik looked for every opening she could find but Dark's form was perfect. She circled around him, not even turning around to face him; she attacked and found no mark at all. She stepped back to look at what was happening. Dark was in the same spot and position, it seemed he didn't even move. He looked at her and smiled.

"What's wrong princess? Can't hit a man standing still?" he laughed. It infuriated Sheik and she threw a couple of needles at his face. She then saw what seemed to be a glimmer in his form. He was moving, but so fast it didn't even look like he was.

"How are you doing that? I have been trained by the Sheikahs since the beginning of my youth and we move faster than any other humans in the world. Yet you move so fast that it doesn't even look like you're doing so," she said in awe.

"I am no human, never have been and never will be. I will teach you what you can learn. But you can't do all that I can. One, I see a flaw in that stance," Dark said then turned around and swung the stick at Sheik; she went to block it but was stabbed in the stomach. "When you go for a block you leave everything else unguarded. A normal opponent wouldn't see that cause they are too busy swinging their swords that they don't even try to change the swing in and of itself. You must learn to block everything on your body at all times. Demise is not a human, so if for whatever reason you fight him, you must at least fend him off. Two." He swung the twig at her feet; she lifted up her foot then was tackled. She landed on the ground with Dark on top with the twig at her throat. "You focus on the blade itself way too much. Watch the person. Usually their eyes will tell you exactly where they are swinging. Not only that but if they go to tackle you, you can counter it right away," he said in her ear. She pulled the face mask down and then kissed his cheek. He backed off in surprise; he forgot that she was not herself and was not hesitant about doing things like that.

"What? You don't like my kisses?" she looked saddened.

"It's not that, it's just I forgot your not yourself for a bit," Dark said as he got to his feet. She looked at him with what seemed like admiration.

"We best keep moving," Dark said as helped Zelda up.

"Aw, no more sparring?" Zelda said in disappointment.

"Not now. I need to get you out of here first." Dark started walking.

"When we get back we have to clear out the temple right?" Zelda asked.

"Yes." Dark answered

"I can't wait," she said eagerly. She then started running.

Dark watched as she gracfully dodged the poison flowers. He then also started running. He caught up to her and she turned to look at him. He smiled his evilish grin and ran faster; her eyes widened and she tried picking up her pace.

They reached the woodline and stopped.

"We are almost there. Try to not get kidnapped this time please," Dark teased.

"As if I meant to last time. I'm prepared now. Now if some dark handsome guy with a hood, sword and shield kidnapped me, I might not resist." She poked at Dark.

"Why would I do that? I'd rather a poe kidnap you than do it myself." Dark teased.

"Ha! You would love to kidnap me and take me to the tallest tower. Hopefully it would be your room," she snickered. She stepped over a log and continued to walk down an already made path.

Dark watched her as she walked. Everything he knew about Zelda was turned upside down. If she was going to stay like this, then he would have to relearn everything about her; though it seemed to be not a bad thing. He was starting to like how she turned out. He looked up at the sky, it was a blood red and yet black. The stars were dim yet were there. The moon looked like a big ball of blood and shined a red hue. This was his home, he had missed it while he was away. If it wasn't for Zelda, he would have considered staying; but she had to get back. That's when it his him.

"If she was to return like this, how would her servant's react? Would they treat her the same?" Dark thought to himself. He watched as Zelda cut off a head of a darkling animal. It resembled a squirrel, but it had two heads and the mouth opened to the sides. She seemed a little amused by it, but kept walking. He looked at his hand then at her. If he could train her on how to best use her Triforce, they would make an unbeatable force and they could go straight at Demise. Nothing could stop them. He decided right there that she would not return to her castle, but instead he would make a new one for her and they could rule together.

"Hehe, if only Link could see you now. I wonder what he would think," Dark wondered.

"That imbecile? The only thing good that came from him was you. I no longer care about him," Zelda waved her hand as if brushing away a pest. Dark smiled; this was what he wanted to hear ever since he fell in love with Zelda.

"So if I was to kill him, would you miss him?" Dark asked, already knowing the answer.

"The only thing that I would miss about him would be the fact that he stays pretty much quiet. Though when I hear you talk, my heart beats faster. His voice never did that to me. Well I can't say never. There was a time when it did; guess I got use to it," she said. She stopped and looked at Dark.

"Do you think I'd leave you again? Not this time. You are exciting and bring adventure to my life. I'm always stuck in the castle, or getting kidnapped. But with you I know I can finally change all of that. Or do you think I'll stay in the castle like usual and you protect me?" She frowned at Dark.

"Do as you wish," Dark said as he passed her. Things were going to get really interesting from here on out.