Mon Amour

Moving day

Claude woke early the next morning, just as the sun had begun to rise. He stretched, hand sliding across the mattress. He frowned, sitting up.
No Ellie. He stood, pulling pants and a hoodie on.
Not in the kitchen.
Or living room.
Not in any bathrooms.
And everyone else was sleeping. He peeked out on the deck and breathed a sigh of relief. She was perched on the top step, coffee cup in her hands. Her long hair was kinked and tousled from sleep. He stepped out, rubbing his arms against the chilly morning air. She half turned and smiled at him. The bruise was even darker now, blossoming from her eyebrow to her cheekbone. Claude sat beside her.
"Morning." She said resting her head on his shoulder.
For some strange reason, the touch of her body sent a jolt of electricity through him. Claude was struck by the feeling, and also very confused. She smelled of vanilla, coffee, and his own cologne.
"Morning." He replied running a hand through his hair. He felt her sigh.
"It's so peaceful out here." Her big green eyes were closed and her breathing was deep and even.
"You like it here?" Claude asked turning his head a fraction, so that his face was almost buried in her hair. She nodded
"Absolutely. It's beautiful."
"Well...how would you like to stay here permanently?" Her eyes opened slowly, and she lifted her head from Claude's shoulder.
"I-permanently...what?"
Claude grinned widely, "Danny and I talked about it last night. We want you to come live here."
"Claude-"
"I know it's crazy but I think it would be good for you."
"Claude-"
"Plus the boys love you and need a woman around."
"Claude-"
" you can stay in my room and well have the guys move all your stuff in and-"
"Claude!" He stopped, biting his lip.
Her eyes were wet with tears, as she reached for him, her tiny arms circling around his neck.
"Are you sure?" He nodded, pulling away and tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear.
"Very sure Mon Amour." She hugged him again and the two sat outside together watching the sun rise.
_________________________________
"Damn it Carcillo!" Richards barked, nearly dropping the box and rubbing his elbow. Carcillo snickered and leered at Mike.
"What ya gonna do about it Pus-"
"Ahem! Little ears!" Ellie had appeared in the hallway all three Briere boys in tow. Mike grinned at her and shot her a wink, which caused a light blush to appear on her cheeks. Claude frowned at him and turned away.
It was no secret that the boys on his team thought Ellie was attractive. They were always throwing little jabs or comments or harassing Claude about her every chance they got. But Michael Richards was a charming pretty boy, who had girls crawling all over him with just a wink and a smile.
"Roo?" She was at his elbow, green orbs peering up at him.
"Hmmm?" He asked trying his best to smile at her and not let her see how bothered he was.
"Thank you again for all of this. I really don't know what I would have done without you and Danny and the boys." She wrapped her arms around him and pressed her cheek against his chest. She glanced up at him again. He stroked her hair and tipped her head up with his hand.
"I would do anything for you El. You know that." She smiled sweetly at him and stood on tip toe to kiss him on the cheek, amidst a few very loud obvious whistles from his teammates, and several gags from the three C's. She pulled a face at them, and have Claude one last smile before she breezed away with all three boys following closely behind.
"Damn son." Jeff said, leaning against the wall, hand on his hip. "You've got it bad."
Claude frowned and pursed his lips.
"What? Don't be ridiculous."
"Oh please G. Were not stupid."
"debateable." He muttered under his breath as he chucked a box of Ellie's shoes in the closet. He could feel the heat creeping up his neck, and her lips were still on his mind and his skin.
He didn't like her. She was Ellie for gods sakes! His bestfriend!
"Listen dude, I know a thing or two about girls, and all jokes aside she's a fox. So if I was you..." Mike said, eyebrows coming close together as he surveyed Claude over a box. "I'd decide whether or not your into her. Because someone's gonna realize it before you do."
Claude waved him off and hurried from the room. He didn't want to hear about Ellie finding someone new. He had only just gotten her away from the last one.
But deep in his mind he knew Richie was right. Even if he didn't want to admit it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter 2! Hope you all like it!