Status: drip feed updates slower than an IV.

Master of Timing

i don't want this night to end.

Sidney didn’t even mind waking up to a face full of hair the next morning. A few strands of Lyndsey’s hair were caught in the stubble that had grown overnight and he carefully pulled his arm out from under hers to brush it away, leaning further into her neck to take a deep breath.

His eyes popped open when he remembered that she’d be gone by dinner time.

He didn’t realise his arms were tightening around her chest until it was too late, and he cringed when he felt her take a deep breath - the tell tale sign that he’d woken her up. It was a little after eight, plenty of time for them to have a lazy breakfast at home or go out and get something to eat before they started the day he’d planned.

Which might’ve had to take a little pause when Lyndsey rolled her hips back into his, groaning as she stretched her arms out in front of her, looking back at him as she blinked at him sleepily. He rested a hand on her hip, smiling gently but holding her steady. He usually tried to be a gentlemen, but the way she was looking at him through half lidded eyes with a tiny smile on her face was testing him.

And they’d stayed up late the night before.

But he got the feeling that she didn’t seem to care, eyes fluttering closed when she pressed back against him more forcefully, Sidney hearing the whimper she let out when he jerked his naked hips into hers uncontrollably.

“Yeah,” he heard her sigh, forcing his eyes open again to see her looking at him again, biting her bottom lip.

It’s like she knew just how unfair that was, but had no shame in doing it anyway. He shifted up onto his elbow just enough to bring his lips down onto the skin of her neck, nipping gently then soothing over the bite with his tongue as they moved against each other. She turned her head to the side and pulled his face down to hers, sucking on his bottom lip before she could slide her tongue into his mouth.

She turned under his arms, the hand holding her hip now up by her shoulder. He rocked forward into her thigh, groaning at the feeling as he slid up her skin and over her wet centre.

God, it was like he could feel her everywhere. Then, she had the brilliant idea of reaching down between them to grasp him firmly, swallowing the groan he let out before he pulled his mouth away from hers, gasping for air.

“Can we-” She broke off, licking her lip and he couldn’t help biting into the skin on her shoulder. “Wait- wait a sec.”

“What?” Sidney stopped moving his hips, biting back the disappointment when she let go of him, her hands settling on his ribs instead. She looked him in the eye and then turned away to focus her attention on the wall, the little frown between her eye brows driving him insane. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. It’s fine, it’s just. Can you just, uhm…”

Sidney leant down on both of his elbows, brushing away the hair that had gotten caught in her neck when she had rolled over. He bent down to kiss the juncture of her collarbone softly, barely touching her as he made his way up her neck, across her jaw and finally to her lips, where he smiled before softly bringing her bottom lip into his mouth.

He felt the moment when the tension she’d be holding melt away, her nails no longer biting into the skin on his torso, her breath soft against his mouth when he pulled back.

“Tell me what you want,” He said quietly, his finger tip tracing her cheekbone where he could see a blush forming. It was his favourite look on her.

He waited for her to steady herself, feeling her breasts push against his chest when she took a deep breath, staring him in the eyes. “Go slow?”

He knew she didn’t want the day to end either, but part of him felt like she was saying an ominous ‘goodbye’ and he was determined to not let her feel that way. It wasn’t like they weren’t going to have plenty more weekends just like this. She smiled back at him when he grinned, laughing a little when he rolled them over again so that she was settled on top of him.

There was a streak of sun coming through the curtains from above his head - it fell across her face, bringing out the auburn in her hair every time she shifted back against him. It didn’t take long before the both of them were too keyed up from toying with each other, and he held onto her hips as she eased herself down onto him, letting out a gasp when she widened her legs so that he could be pressed against her as much as possible.

Even Sid had to close his eyes to the sensation, gripping the skin of her thighs tight when she rolled forward and back. His eyes snapped open when he felt the angle change, her hair falling around the two of them as she bent forward to kiss him, chasing his tongue with her own, her hands resting on his pecs to help balance herself to keep moving.

“God, Lynds. You feel amazing,” He groaned out, sliding his hands up her back to squeeze her shoulders before tracing her spine back down again. She giggled against his neck, sitting up slowly and pulling on his shoulders to follow.

He pulled her legs out from where they were resting against his, moving her so that they were wrapped around his hips, his arms tight against her back so that she was plastered to him as much as possible. She whimpered when he began to roll his hips with hers, grunting against the feeling of her warm heat enveloping him, drawing back only to pull him into her again.

“Touch me,” She whispered in his ear, her arms loosely hanging around his shoulders. He watched as she tipped her head back when he ran his fingers down from her throat, tracing the bruises he’d left on her breasts the day before, sliding the backs of his knuckles down her stomach to reach for where her clit was rubbing against his body.

“Like this?”

She nodded quickly, her eyes slamming shut when he used his thumb to rub gently, feeling her clench around him when she rolled her hips back down. “Oh- oh God, right there.”

He thrust his hips forward into her roughly. “Jesus, you feel so good.”

“Sid, I’m-” He nodded when she broke off in a moan, and brought her face to his so that he could kiss her again, tangling his free hand in her hair as he worked his hips harder against hers the more noises she made. He could feel it in himself too, chasing the slow build that began in his toes and moved up to the low of his stomach, his thumb flicking back and forth against her clit to make her moan his name.

He felt it all over when she came. Her hips stilled momentarily at the same time her jaw dropped and she pulled on his hair, that only spurring him on more until he lost it too, pressing his forehead into her chest, holding her hips as she rocked back and forth to draw the pleasure out for the both of them.

He fell to the side with a groan, their legs and arms an entangled sweaty heap. They were both breathing heavily, and he hoped that she could feel her heartbeat all the way to her toes just like he could. He’d open his eyes once he could get his equilibrium back on track.

“We should shower,” He heard her mumble, but stopped her from getting up when she put a hand on his chest like she wanted to move.

“In a minute,” He breathed, opening his eyes to tug her towards him, resting his chin on her head when she nuzzled his shoulder, scratching her nails through the little chest hair he had. “Just, don’t move for a minute.”

That minute had turned into ten, but he highly doubt she cared since she kissed him back just as lazily as he kissed her, running his fingers through her hair until they both had the energy to face the day.

*


Sidney was being unusually quiet, his eyes focused on the road as he steered with one hand, his other holding hers over the center console. He'd been quiet all morning, actually. He hadn't said anything about what he'd planned for their day, no matter how much she'd begged or tried to trick him, telling her that it was a surprise. Lyndsey never had been a huge fan of surprises, not even as a kid. But Sidney seemed to have a thing for the unexpected when it came to her, so she promised herself that she would at least try to be patient and let him have his way.

Still, she was confused when he took the exit for the UPMC Sports Complex. Maybe he had to run in to see someone real quick, she thought. Or maybe he needed to pick something up. In any case, she would be waiting in the car. No way would she go inside that building with him, no matter what he said to convince her. That was his building, his place; the place where everyone knew him, where he was nothing short of a living, breathing legend, and where she would feel so awkward and out of place. And then he would feel obligated to put her at ease and introduce her to more people and...no. Just no.

She kept quiet as he guided the Range Rover through the mostly full parking lot, finding a stall and turning into it before letting go of her hand to shut off the engine. Unclasping his seatbelt, he smiled at her with a tilt of his head towards the front entrance, pausing when she didn't make any moves to follow him.

"I'll wait here."

Eyebrows pulled together, his laugh was short and disbelieving. "What?"

"Do whatever you need to do," she said, slouching in her seat to get more comfortable. "I'll wait here for you."

"You don't want to come in with me?"

She couldn't tell if he was teasing her or if he really couldn't believe it, so she just shook her head and inwardly cringed when he asked her why. Oh well, how the hell was she supposed to answer that question? She couldn't tell him the truth. He wouldn't like it. So, jerking her shoulders in a shrug, she smiled as casually as she could.

"I can wait. Take your time."

Sidney just stared at her, eyes narrowed. She expected him to argue, to try to convince her to go in with him, and was relieved when he simply unbuckled his seatbelt and hit the door locks.

"Let's go."

Gaping at him, Lyndsey stammered, "But I'm—"

"Coming in with me," he finished. "I'm not leaving you out here."

"But you can. I don't mind, I promise," she assured him, circling her fingers around the belt strapped across her body as if that would keep him from making her leave the car. "I'll be—"

"Don't you want to see your surprise?"

Good God, was he serious?

"You'll get it later, if you come in with me now," he reasoned, reaching over to unclasp her seatbelt.

"Sidney...I don't—"

"Do you want to spend the rest of our day together sitting in my car?"

The rest of our day together…

She'd been trying so hard not to think about the fact that in a matter of hours—nine to be exact, since her flight was at seven that evening—she'd be sitting on a plane set for home. Away from Sidney.

Refusing to go there, Lyndsey pulled the door handle. The quicker they got this over and done with, the quicker they could spend more time together.

It was chilly outside. The slight wind nipped at her nose, blew her hair into her face, and made her wish she'd worn a jacket instead of just a thick, wool cardigan. Making sure the sweater was pulled closed in front, she took Sidney's hand and pressed tight against him, hugging his arm as they headed towards the entrance.

"I told you to wear a jacket," he teased, grinning when she huffed and playfully said, "Shut your face."

He lead her through the entrance with Pittsburgh Penguins above the doors and, jaw dropping, eyes popping wide, she couldn't but stare. The first-of-its-kind sports complex and training and practice facility was designed to be innovative and cutting edge and from what she could see, it certainly was. Looking around, Lyndsey could only think one word: swanky.

Sidney guided her across the massive and shiny lobby, smiling with a nod at the security guard before tugging her up a set of stairs. Of course he would bypass the elevator, she thought with a roll of her eyes, keeping quiet as he directed her down a wide hallway and through another set of sliding doors and then she was in the classiest kitchen and suite she'd ever seen in her entire life. Another hallway and set of doors and there was the physical therapy gym which overlooked the Penguins practice rink. She barely had time to stare through the windows at all that ice before Sidney was tugging her around the corner and down another set of stairs.

She assumed there weren't any other players or trainers around because it was their off day, but it still felt weird to be the only ones walking around the complex.

"Where are we going?" she asked finally, unable to keep quiet any longer as he took her through another series of doors. It was a wonder he didn't get lost.

He did nothing but smile, glancing down at her before letting go of her hand once they'd reached a set of double doors, holding one open for her. She passed him and found herself in a locker room identical to the one she'd seen so many times on TV. She stared at the bench that wrapped around the room, the sections of shelves and cubbies that lined the walls before her eyes fell to the emblem in the center of the floor. It was surreal.

"You ready?"

Startled, Lyndsey found Sidney standing across the room in front of a locker that must have been his. He'd taken off his jacket and had his hands behind his back, a grin on his face, and she was immediately suspicious.

"What?"

"Are you ready for your surprise?"

"You..." She frowned in confusion. "It's here?"

When he said nothing and simply tilted his head she started across the room towards him, slowly, like she was nervous. Truthfully, she kind of was.

The moment she was standing in front of him, Sidney told her to close her eyes. She didn't argue, though she did think he was being silly.

“Alright, are you ready?"

"Born ready," she countered, lips curving into a smile when he chuckled.

"Okay," he drew the word out before saying, "You can look now."

Opening her eyes after taking a steadying breath, the first thing she looked at was Sidney's face. He was still grinning, looking so excited that she found herself grinning back. But then she looked down.

In his hands was a pair of skates. They looked brand new; black with silver and bright green accents, Reebok on the ankle. She was about to ask him why he was showing her his skates and why they looked smaller than she expected when it suddenly dawned on her. Confusion turned to disbelief, then to downright fear before she said the first thing that came to her mind.

"No."

Sidney's eyes showed his surprise. "What?"

"No," she said again, this time much more firm as she ignored his sudden laugh and added, "Just no."

"Why not?"

"Because..." Because she was a chicken shit and wasn't sure what worried her more: making a complete fool of herself in front of him, or breaking one or all of her limbs. Probably the first one, which made her the biggest idiot in the entire universe but she couldn't help the way she felt. She also couldn't explain that to him so she just shook her head. "Because no."

Sighing, he put the skates down on the bench behind him before turning to face her again, arms crossed over his chest.

"Tell me why."

Lyndsey opened her mouth but nothing came out. That was probably even worse than telling him the truth.

"Are you scared?" he asked after a few moments of her staring at him.

"No," she said way too quickly, making her look like a liar—which she was. Sighing heavily in disgust with herself, she threw her hands up and gave up. "Okay, maybe. Maybe I am a little scared, or a lot scared, and I'm just not doing it. I'm not the most coordinated or graceful person in the world, Sidney, you know that."

"You'll be fine."

"I slip on the ice in my driveway every stinking winter, multiple times. What makes you think being on skates will be any better?"

Ignoring her question, he just smiled and said, "I distinctly recall promising you on New Years that I wouldn't laugh if you fell."

"You're an asshole."

Sidney burst into laughter, apologizing in between before asking, "Did you think I would forget telling you that I'd take you skating?"

She hadn't forgotten. She just hadn't wanted to believe that he would in case it never happened.

"So I'm taking you skating," he announced and, stepping to the side to point down at the bench, he spoke over her when she started to argue, "Come on, I'll help you with these.”

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Lyndsey—"

"I'm gonna break something if I go out there, Sidney, and I can't—"

"I won't let you get hurt, just come here."

"Sidney—"

"Come here and take off your boots or I'll take them off for you."

She almost didn't take him seriously. She almost laughed but when he just stared right back at her, a gleam in his eye and a smirk on his lips, she narrowed her own eyes.

"You wouldn't."

Gaze narrowing, he uncrossed his arms and took a step towards her, which only made her jump backwards with a gasp.

"Sidney Patrick Crosby!"

The door to the locker room opened suddenly, surprising them both. A woman, probably about the same age as her Mom poked her head in with eyebrows raised, that lowered with her expanding smile once she saw who was actually there. “Oh, I thought I could hear voices.”

Sid offered a little wave. “Hey Annie, how are you today?”

Lyndsey looked between the two, her hands clenched in fists by her sides. She was still ready to fight Sidney if she needed to.

“Fine sweetheart, just fine. Skating lesson?” She presumed, smirking as Sid rolled his eyes, nodding at Lyndsey who just glared straight back.

“Well, I was hoping. But someone apparently doesn’t want to.” His eyes twinkled with mischief, and Lyndsey used every ounce of willpower she had to try not and smile back at him. She didn’t succeed as much as she wanted to.

Annie’s head turned sideways, like she couldn’t really understand. “And why’s that? There’s an awful lot of people who walk through this door that would love a one on one skating lesson with Sidney Crosby.” To drive the point home, she even winked. Lyndsey didn’t know what to do.

Sidney pointed at Annie, nodding his head comically. “Yeah Lyndsey. Think of all the other people who aren’t as fortunate as you are,” He noted, his smirk increasing to a full blown smile as Lyndsey’s jaw dropped. He did not just play the guilt card. She looked between them both, trying to come up with something to say, just as Annie smiled at her fondly.

“Well, you two have fun.” Annie made her goodbye’s, leaving the two of them to continue their stare down. Lyndsey wanted, down to the very depths of her soul, to say no and walk out of the room, but every moment he stood in front of her with the impossibly beautiful hopeful look on her face, she could feel her resolve breaking. Giving up with a sigh, she stepped around him, punching him in the arm softly as she threw herself down onto the bench underneath his nameplate, begrudgingly undoing her boots. He fist pumped the air, taking to a knee in front of her legs, offering her the right skate first.

He motioned for her to follow him through the tunnel, holding tightly onto his hand as her skates on the rubber mats tested her balance every step she took. Of course, he looked more natural walking in skates than in actual shoes and Lyndsey prayed to the hockey gods for them to please take it easy on her and to not let her completely embarrass herself. Not here. Not in front of him.

He dropped her hand to open the side gate that was near the small grandstand on the side of the rink the players used to hit the ice instead of going from the bench. Lyndsey looked around but noticed the entire place was empty.

Thank God.

“Ladies first.”

He was standing to the side, holding his arm out like he was presenting her with a prize to be won, his smirk barely holding out before breaking into a grin.

“Oh hell no.”

He shrugged and stepped, skating away from her backwards with his arms crossed. Like a show off. An adorable show off that she wanted nothing more to glare at but his stupid face and smile and general happiness made that all kinds of impossible.

She could tell that he could sense how nervous she was and he came back to her, holding his hands out, ready to take hers. She still didn’t leave the black rubber.

“Sidney, please. I don’t want to do this.”

He sighed so loud she could practically hear it echo off the boards, clutching at his wrists when he rested his hands on her hips. “Lynds, I’m not going to let go of you. We are literally going to be moving around in circles. What have I done to make you not trust me?”

“Nothing,” She protested, but her argument fell away the longer they stood there. He waited patiently and when he pouted a little and let out a small “please?” she couldn’t imagine turning him down. Rolling her eyes, he broke out in a grin and took her hands, pushing off the ice at the same time she stepped onto it.

It had been years since she had been skating - not since she was in high school, and even then she’d only gone a handful of times. She was more of a yoga doing/walking type of athlete, never going out of her way to get involved in contact sports. The only reason she knew how to skate at all was because her Dad had taught her one day, before he left and upended her whole world all those years ago.

“Okay, hang on.” He stopped the two of them, tipping her chin up to face him. They were at the first blue line. “Lesson number one,” He paused when she huffed, his hands still holding hers so she couldn’t cross her arms. “Keep your eyes up. If you look down, you’ll fall down.”

“Got it,” She nodded, peeking one last look at the brand new skates on her feet.

“Lesson number two; you’re supposed to glide,” He teased, letting her go to push off with one foot past her, pivoting in a circle and skating around her backwards. “Stepping like you’re in shoes isn’t going to work.”

“Stop being a bully,” She pouted, crossing her arms with a huff but almost falling off balance, reaching for his jacket before she slipped. He did promise to not let her fall. “It’s not like I have a place in your hockey school.”

“Alright, I’m sorry.” She smiled a little into the kiss he bent down to give her, despite her best efforts. “Come on, I guess I can do all the hard work.”

They spent the better part of the next hour goofing off, both of them finding ways to laugh at each other and Lyndsey didn’t quite believe him when he’d looked at his watch and said they’d have to finish up. The facility was used by teams other than the Pens - local leagues and sometimes their AHL affiliates and as they headed back to the gate they came from Sidney explained that as much as he loved surprising them to skate with the teams every once in a while, he had no intention of letting any of their time together go to waste.

And, just like he’d promised, she stepped back onto the rubber not having once fallen over.

It had warmed up a little by the time they made their way outside - still cold enough for her to need a jacket, but the sun was shining and every now and again she could feel the heat on her face. And then his hands on her shoulders as they walked out the door.

“Wha-” She saw the penguins logo on the left side of the jacket and smiled when he helped her put her arms into the sleeves. “You’re just giving away Penguins merch now?”

Sidney shrugged as he opened the door. “It’s to a good cause.”

He let her have the option of wanting to get an early lunch and then head back to his house or they could do some more sightseeing and then grab a bite to eat.

“Didn’t you tell me once that you liked shopping?”

“Sidney Crosby, absolutely not. You’re not spending your money on me.”

“…What do you think I’ve been doing all weekend?”

And yeah, she thought one hundred percent that he deserved the slap she backhanded him with across the chest.

In the end, he’d taken her to The Waterfront. She thought the West Edmonton Mall was big, but this place almost put it to shame. Lyndsey didn’t want to spend any of his money, and the whole point of visiting for the weekend wasn’t to load up on presents and then go home, but it still felt nice to walk around aimlessly - pointing out things she liked in the store front windows, letting him know what her favourite scent was when she’d dragged him into Yankee Candle. He said he’d make a note and she giggled to herself when he double checked the name of the waxed candle she’d put back on the shelf.

The best part about the day was without a doubt the way that he casually reached for her hand after each time they were separated, sliding his fingers in between hers and holding tight, keeping her close by. He’d picked up the tab on their Subway lunch, frowning in disapproval and letting her know that they could’ve gone somewhere nicer. But Lyndsey had shrugged, not in the mood for fancy, wiggling her eyebrows as she licked the mayonnaise spilling out of her wrap off her finger.

“Tease,” He’d muttered, shocking her by pulling her in and kissing her quickly before finishing his lunch. But, if he wasn’t going to look around to see who might’ve been watching them, then she wasn’t going to either.

Sidney pulled into his driveway a little after 2PM, putting the Range Rover into park slower than usual, fiddling with the keys once he’d turned the car off. Lyndsey sat there quietly, spinning the ring on her thumb around in circles, obviously not wanting to get out of the car either.

“Is it stupid that I don’t want you to go upstairs and pack up all your stuff?” His keys were clinking against each other.

Lyndsey could feel a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. “No,” She answered quietly, joining their hands together when he reached over for hers. “Sidney,” She sighed, leaning her head against the head rest on her seat, turning to face him. “This weekend has been amazing. More than I ever thought it would be. I… Thank you,” She smiled, brushing his thumb with hers.

“You’re welcome,” He answered, just as softly. The sincere look in his eyes made her blush and she had to look away just so that her hair would fall down to cover her face and neck. She heard him chuckle and the both of them got out of the car, Sidney squeezing her hand gently when she made for the stairs, him continuing onto to the living room with his hands in his pockets.

She didn’t want to spend forever packing, so she hastily threw everything in her carry on case, remembering at the last minute to get her toothbrush from the bathroom. But part of her couldn’t do it, and it looked good having some of her stuff next to his on the counter, so she just left it there, optimistic for the next visit.

He was sitting on the couch with his feet up on the coffee table once she came back down the stairs, changed into a warmer shirt to wear on the plane, deciding to wear the Penguins zip up he’d given her instead of the jacket she’d flown in with. He held up an arm and she slid right down next to him, wrapping an arm around his waist, tucking her legs up underneath her to snuggle into his shoulder. She smiled against the skin of his neck when he pulled her tighter, turning slightly to kiss her forehead.

“All done?”

She nodded, taking a deep breath of his cologne. She closed her eyes and let the sounds of ESPN wash over her, the faint ticking of the grandfather clock in the hallway, the odd creaks of the house settling adding to the moment. If he let her, she would’ve taken a nap right there - being asleep would save her the dread she had been feeling since she’d gotten out of the shower after another perfect morning in bed.

How the hell she was going to not be near him for the unforeseeable future, she had no clue. Lyndsey knew the next time she’d come to Pittsburgh wouldn’t be any sooner than the playoffs - the Pens weren’t playing too badly, considering their top scorer and captain had been out of the season for nearly six months - but even a general idea of a date didn’t make it any easier.

She groaned, trying to make herself disappear against him. “I don’t want to go to work tomorrow.”

She felt him laugh a little underneath her chin and before she knew it, he’d pulled her out from her seat so she was sitting across his lap, his hands coming up to run through the tendrils of hair falling around her face. “If it makes you feel any better, I don’t want you to go to work tomorrow either.” There was no way she’d be able to hide her blush from this angle and he bent forward to kiss her shy smile away before it even began.

He didn’t pull back though, like he had most of the day. There was enough heat to it to make her moan a little, but not enough that she felt like tearing their clothes off, and happily settled into his lap further to softly tug on his hair when he sucked her tongue into his mouth with his own.

His hands were running slowly up and down her legs to her hips, his thumb brushing against the skin that was visible from where her shirt had ridden up when he’d suddenly moved her.

It hit her all of a sudden. Her Thursday night flight had seemed like a lifetime ago and she obviously didn’t want to leave anymore than he wanted to let her go. And that scared her. She’d never been with someone who’d made her feel the way he did, the way she’d always imagined being with someone would. She broke apart from him slowly, meeting his eyes before hugging him tightly, brushing thumb strokes where his hair that was growing out met the skin of his neck.

“You okay?” His voice was whisper quiet, muffled against her hair.

“Yeah.” She cringed when the hitch in her voice kind of gave her away. She willed herself to not be upset about it though, she was happy beyond words she had to explain.

“No you’re not.”

“I am, I promise,” She assured him, holding tighter when he tried to push her back. “I just… You’ve been amazing and this whole weekend has kind of been a dream and I’m a little overwhelmed by it all-”

His mouth was on hers before she could finish her thought and it was the distraction she needed before she started to hyperventilate or burst into tears. Neither of which she really wanted to do.

“Hey.” He bumped his nose with hers, eating until she looked at him. “You’re right. This weekend has been one of the best I’ve had in a really long time,” he looked at her earnestly, “just promise me it won’t be the only one, yeah?”

Her grin nearly broke her face in half and he laughed when she nodded excitedly, reaching down to change the channel to something other than sports, manoeuvring the two of them so that she was lying on top of him for one last cuddle on the couch.

Well, the last one for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Your update tonight is proudly brought to you by the Dallas Stars' amazing comeback against the Ducks. O Captain, my Captain Jamie Benn you are an absolute godsend of a human. Ugh. Also, if Tyler could stop attempting to get into fights, because he probably couldn't throw a punch to save his life and that pretty face is just too good to get busted up from someone's fist.

(yes, these are my current life dilemmas. Thrilling, isn't it.)

Shout out to Lyndsey, Maddie, Cherie and Janine who (I think...?) have followed this story from the beginning and always leave such nice comments and politely ask for updates - well, except for Lyndsey who just glares at me from across the room until I email her a sneak peak or make her write half of the chapters for me - including half of this one (the entire skating date part was all her, so let her know if you liked it).

It's my (26th... oh God.) birthday in two days, and then Halloween and then I'm flying back to Australia to surprise my whole family so there may not be an update for a little bit. Hopefully not as long a wait for the next one as it was for chapter 23.

Enjoy the end of your October! xx