Status: Active

Paul's Weakness

Waves of Fun

"What's your story?"

"My story? Isn't that a second date thing?"

Paul's lips turned up. "You're calling this a date? I didn't know it was a date."

Shiloh's cheeks turned red. She had run into Paul tonight and he offered to buy her ice-cream. She accepted a strawberry cone from the ice cream stand guy. Shiloh still felt a little uncomfortable around him especially because of the dream she had of him the night before. But here they were, sitting on a bench with her ice-cream in hand.

He sat across from her just staring while she ate her treat. "Why didn't you get any ice-cream?"

"I'm lactose intolerant," he shrugged.

"Huh, and here I thought you were just an ice-cream hater."

"Nah Shy, I use to love it, but it just makes me gassy now," a smirk began to grow on his face. "And I really don't want to blow you away from this date."

Shiloh burned out laughing, causing her to drop her ice-cream. "Aww dang it, Paul! You made me drop my ice-cream!"

"Well would you look at that, I guess I am an ice-cream, hater."

Shiloh just giggled as Paul had a permanent smile on his. "Well Shy, what would you like to do now?"

"Can we go walking on the beach?"

"How can I say no to you?"

"It's easy really, you open your mouth and the word will just flow out. No. See? It's not that hard."

Paul playfully shoved Shiloh in the shoulder, "Alright you smart-ass. No, we will not go walking."

"I'm still going to the beach, with or without you." Shiloh turned around and winked at Paul, leaving him chuckling as he trailed behind her.

When they got to the beach, Shiloh had taken her shoes off and was now walking in the soft waves on the shore. But Paul being Paul didn't care and went into the water with his black boots on.

"Paul! You're getting me all wet!"

Cheshire-cat smile grew on Paul's face "Oh, am I, Baby?"

"Paul! You know what I mean!"

"It's alright Shy, I already knew you and the hots for me, I saw you eyeing me up from the video store's window the other day," he winked.

"If I may correct you, you threw something at the window which caused me to make eye contact with you."

"Uh-huh, say whatever makes you feel better, doll-face."

"If I didn't know any better, it sounds like you have the hots for me, Paul."

"Baby, you always get me hot."

"I know."

"Oh my God, It was like you two were made for each other."

"Gez Marko! We need to put a freaking bell on you!" Paul dramatically grabbed his chest.

"He's not a cat, Paul." Shiloh slapped Paul's shoulder.

"Meow."

"Speak for yourself, Shy," Paul commented.

"David is looking for you, Paul. I'm here to collect you."

"Aw, Shy, our date was cut short. I guess we will need a second date to make up for this rude interruption."

"Wait, you guys were on a date?" Marko interrupted.

"I'll see you tomorrow night?" Paul questioned.

"Yeah, sure," a faint blush was barely visible on her face but Paul and Marko could see it. This made Paul prideful and his ego was raised enormously. "Come on lover boy, before the sun comes up, we need our beauty rest." Marko grabbed Paul by the shoulders and dragged him the opposite way of where Shiloh was.

As they disappeared from her view, it hit Shiloh that she only saw them during the day, which she found quite strange.

——-

"You'll be mine, Shiloh. I promise you that."

Shiloh woke up drenched in sweat. The past couple of nights, Shiloh has been having nightmares. She can't remember what they were about, just remembering a soothing voice making romantic promises. It unsettled Shiloh but at the same time it comforted her. She didn't know how that was possible but it was true, she was scared but felt safe at the same time.

She looked out her bedroom window and saw the sun was rising. The sky was a mixture between shades of purples and oranges, almost dancing with each other in the sky. Shiloh's favorite thing in the world was the sunset, something about a new untouched day made Shiloh feel better. She found comfort in innocent things, perhaps because she was still pure in this ungodly world.

Her mind went to Paul. She only knew him for a couple of days, but it felt like she knew him for a lifetime. Usually, Shiloh was shy around handsome men, but something about Paul made her feel relaxed like she could trust him with her life. He was flirty and humorous with a dash of mystery to him. The mystery part is what had Shiloh feeling uneasy. She knew she could trust Paul, but something about him was dangerous.

Shiloh was dancing with death and she didn't even know it.