Status: Active

Paul's Weakness

Godric

People in Santa Carla have always feared Godric for unknown reasons. He held a demonic vibe around him, one so vile that people wouldn't even look him in the eyes as he grinned their way. He grew accustomed to people avoiding eye contact, much less say one word to him. It was an every night routine for him to be ignored by the board-walkers.

Tonight he had run into an elderly couple who screeched like mice and ran like rabbits, he had winked at a blonde call girl who's face turned pale, and a little boy who cried 'monster'. Godric's night was going normally for him until he ran into a girl who changed his whole perspective with a smile.

No one ever smiled at Godric.

But here he was, shamelessly flirting with the blushing girl. He even got to hold her hand for a brief second. Godric forgot how much he missed human contact until his hand was grasping Shiloh's in a handshake.

He took his chance at a normal conversation and asked Shiloh if she wanted to get a bite to eat.

"I would love too!"

They walked into a Chinese restaurant and sat in the smoking section. Godric lit a cigarette and blew a cloud of smoke above their heads. "I'm sorry, Shiloh. I'm very inconsiderate to you. Do you mind if I smoke?" Godric's eyes cut across the room, "We can sit in the non-smoking area if you would like?"

Shiloh smiled at Godric's manners as she nervously twiddled her thumbs, "Smoke doesn't bother me."

"Okay..."

The conversation had ended there and they sat in silence as Godric repetitively blew out smoke until he had finished the cigarette. When he lit another one, he spoke up, "So Shiloh...

"Yes?"

"What brings you to Santa Carla? This city is fucking filthy-

Godric had stopped in midsentence and then laughed nervously, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't cuss in front of a lady. My mama taught me better than that."

Shiloh's heart had swelled. She had never met a polite gentleman like Godric before. She had always believed guys like him were fictional and that they only belonged in old romance novels. And yet, here he was sitting in front of her with looks like James Deen but had a gentlemanly aspect about him like Clark Gable. Her mind then went to Paul and how much of a sneak he was. He had no manners, inappropriate behavior, into illegal drugs, and loved to party with harlots. And yet, she still had a hopeless crush on the boy. She was still bothered seeing him cuddled up to that blonde hussy. Shiloh shook it off. "I'm sitting with an attractive and well respectable boy. Knock it off, Shiloh. Forget about Paul."

"It's okay! I don't mind the language. I grew up in a rough orphanage, your mouth doesn't bother me one bit," she paused for a moment and thought about what she was going to say next, "I'm here because I needed a change and I just recently turned eighteen which means-

"Which means you have no one but yourself and you came here because you became too old for the orphanage. So that means Santa Carla is your saving grace, which if you ask me is kind of ironic because this place is the murder capital of the world."

Shiloh shrugged, "Which I kind of find funny because I feel safer here than I did in the orphanage. Maybe I was destined to be here?"

Godric smirked, "Perhaps."

Their night went on, and they stayed in that restaurant for several hours laughing and getting to know each other.

But little did they know that two boys were watching them from outside through the window. Shiloh's back was to them as she laughed at something Godric had said. All Paul could hear was her contagious laugh, except this time Paul wasn't laughing with her nor was he the one making her laugh.

"What the actual fuck!"

"Paul, calm down. You don't need to show your true side right now!"

"We just ate! I have it under control, besides I'm older than you. So back off," Paul snapped at Marko.

Marko looked taken back at Paul's outburst. It was unlike Paul to be this enrage, usually the only time he's been this angry is when he's picking fights with some surfer nazis or playing with an unwilling meal. He's never said one harsh word to any of his brothers, even throughout the many years he's been with them. He's always been the jokester out of the four boys. The prankster has never had an angry outburst until now, over a girl.

"Paul! You're acting crazy! This isn't you!"

Paul ignored Marko as he brushed past him away from the restaurant's window. Marko caught his arm before Paul could take a step. "What is it with this girl? Huh? Why don't we just kill the girl and get this shit over with?"

Paul's irises began to turn a dull gold color, "NO!"

Marko swiftly pulled Paul by his neck, his face smashing into Marko's colorful jacket. If anyone looked over at them, they would assume Marko was trying to comfort Paul with a hug, but in reality he was trying to contain Paul's beast. Paul blinked rapidly trying to get his eyes back to his normal color blue. His fangs tried to contract with his nails digging in Marko's jacket, making small holes into them. He began to calm down as shame overcame him when he realized that he about attack his blood brother.

"Paul! You said you had it under control! What the hell?"

"Man, I have no idea what is wrong with me," Paul lifted himself off of Marko's shoulder. "Seeing her with that guy... It's like something snapped in me. Marko, what the fuck does that mean?"

"I don't know man, but David isn't going to be happy about this."

"What am I not going to be happy about?"

Paul and Marko turned to face the voice, seeing that it was only their eldest brother with Dwayne was by his side.

"Boys, what's the hold-up? We were supposed to meet Max an hour ago."

Marko became unease as he looked over at Paul avoiding David's cold stare. David looked from Marko to Paul. "What's going on here? What are you not telling me?"

Paul shifted his eyes towards the Chinese restaurant. David's gaze moved over towards the window, the realization hit him like a ton of bricks. "Ah, I see." He saw Shiloh laughing with an unknown boy. "Paul, don't tell me you're jealous of that pathetic human boy."

Paul's jaw clenched, "Nope."

"Good, because that competition can be easily killed off. Or did your little outburst blind you from that thought?"

If Paul and Marko were surprised, they didn't show it, but David knew better than that. "Yeah, Dwayne and I saw your little outburst across the crowd. How stupid of you, Paul! What would have happened if all those people saw your fangs pop out?"

"I'd kill them," Paul sarcastically responded.

A dry laugh escaped David's lips. "Over a stupid girl."

Paul's blood began to boil and he quickly shut his eyes, feeling the change coming. He took deep breaths and when he was calm, he opened his eyes.

David had a smirk on his face. He set him up!

"My, my, Paul. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're infatuated with this girl."

"It's a good think you don't know better than," snapped Paul. As soon as those words came out of his mouth he knew he had regretted them. He could see it on Dwayne's and Marko's faces as the shock was placed on them.

David's face was neutral as the words seeped from his mouth, "Watch your tongue, Paul." David walked up and got into Paul's face. "If you want the girl to live, I suggest you watch what you say to me."

A nod came from Paul.

"Look, Paul, I'm supposed to look after you guys. And if Max's finds out that you're involved with a human girl, he's going to flip his lid. You know he will have you kill her."

Paul looked over at Shiloh, her back was to them still as she continuously talked to the smiling boy. He only assumed Shiloh was smiling back at him.

"Paul, it's in your best interest to stay away from her for a while. Just until I can figure out why you're so strung up on her."

"I don't know if I can stay away."

"You'll be causing her own death," Dwayne reasoned.

"Maybe Max will let her become part of the family?" Marko piped up.

Paul never thought of Shiloh becoming one of them, and that thought scared him to death. She was too pure to become a vampire, she would never accept being a monster. The girl didn't have a mean bone in her body, she was oblivious to evil. Hell, she stared evil right in its face on multiple occasions and smiled at them. She was too trusting and kind, and that was a weakness to vampires. She wouldn't last a day as one.

He knew what he had to do now.

"I'll stay away from her," Paul walked away from the restaurant and through the dying crowd. He was tired and he just wanted to go home. The rest of the boys followed behind, heading towards their bikes. They revved their engines and headed out into the night, back to their 'cave'.

But little did they know that someone had been watching them from inside the restaurant.

Godric smirked as his plan was coming together perfectly.

"What's that smile for?"

"Nothing, Darling." Godric's smirk had turned into a genuine smile as Shiloh returned the smile.

Godric had only one word on his mind.

Soon.

------
♠ ♠ ♠
------

A/N

This was kind of rushed so there may be many mistakes.

So who or what do you think Godric is? And what does he want from Shiloh?

I would love to know what you guys think! Comments and votes are appreciated it!

Also, this story is set before the movie! So Micheal, Sam and the rest of the gang won't show up in this story. (Hint: there may be a sequel after this one, I haven't decided yet.) ;)