Status: Slowly writing in my barley free time.

Damned to the Broken

1

1

Something about the boy called to her. Out of every person in the small park that day, she found herself walking over to him. The closer she got, the more interested she became. His dark hair just covering his eyes so she couldn’t yet tell the color. His bottom lip was caught between his teeth in concentration. His right hand was scribbling something into the small black journal rested on his lap.

She found that her bottom lip had also found itself caught between her teeth, contemplating her next action.

“Hi” Was the word that feel from her lips. The boy’s eyes shot up; blue they were blue.

Her eyes trailed down to the small journal in his hand. He took notice and snapped the book shut abruptly. Her eyes widened as she noticed the small pink lines that decorated the underside of his arms. Her eyes instantly began to water at the sight in front of her.

“I need to go.” Shoving his long sleeves to cover what she had already saw.

Instinctively she reached out grabbing his forearm. “Please don’t.” The words left her mouth, clearly begging the boy to stay.

Instantly the boy ripped his arm away from her. “Please. Let me go.” His voice was so quiet she barley heard his request.

“No.” Her voice cracked truly hurt by what she had witnessed. The sudden crack in her voice caused the boy’s glance to meet hers. Confusion washed across his features, his brows pulling together. “Please stay.” The guilt in her voice so noticeable that the boy instantly wanted to wrap his arms around the girl and apologize for what she had seen. But he held back the urge.

She reached out to put a hand on the boys shoulder. His body tensed under her soft touch, it almost sent a shiver through his spine, the feeling of someone caring was almost too much for him to stand.

“I’m Kaylee Anne.” Her smile was ruined by the tear that slipped down her face, she ignored it, keeping her hand on the boy.

“Bryson.” His name slipped through his lips before he even realized he was going to talk to her. “I really need to go.” He didn’t want to leave, there was this small amount of hope that she would again beg him to stay.

“Promise me.” She started. His eyes locked with hers yet again. “Promise me you will meet me here tomorrow?” Her hand finally left his shoulder to run her fingers through her hair. A nervous habit.

“I” He stumbled trying to find words to say. He wasn’t going to be here tomorrow. He knew that for a fact. But yet. “I promise.” He whispered, instantly regretting the decision to lie to the girl. She was already so upset over the tiny pink lines, he didn’t want to think about her if she found out the plans that were rolling in his head.

She nodded at the promise, taking his hand in hers and giving it a small reassuring squeeze. He only nodded back, lightly pulling his hand away but there was a residual heat from where her hand once lay. His other hand gripped the cold black leather of his journal tightly to his side.

With that he turned away from the girl that he would never see again. At least there was something partly positive to remember later that night.

“Bryson?” The girl had again grabbed his forearm.

“Yes?” He didn’t look back scared that she would make him want to stay.

“Noon. Tomorrow. Promise, yeah?” Her voice was breaking again. He couldn’t help but feel a warmth radiate from where her hand lay on his arm.

“Yeah.” He whispered, loud enough for only him to hear. Again he pulled away from the girl without looking back.

Noon tomorrow would never come for Bryson. He knew this.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the first chapter of my original fiction! Pretty exciting and terrifying for me. I've had this idea for awhile and really love it. I'll try to update as much as possible, especially if I get more and more readers and feedback. If you want to keep up with me my twitter is Kathrynn28, or feel free to add me on here and comment! You are awesome if you are reading this! <3