Angels

The Smile When You Tore Me Apart

Eva had seen this all before. The things he promised her, the way she agreed so readily, how naively trusting she was of him. Had she really been as stupid as this girl and all the other girls before her? Probably.

They all looked the same. The long red hair, green eyes, small build... Naive... Harmless. They never had a chance. The difference between Eva and the other before her, though, was that she stuck around after everything he did. It was stupid and something she could never undo, but she wanted the other girls after her to have somebody to help them. Something she didn't have.

Eva followed silently as he took the girl home. She so desperately wanted to call out to the girl, to stop her. It was impossible, though, so she didn't even try.

She watched as the girl made every mistake that she had. But instead of obeying his order to stay silent, the girl screamed. It was something Eva hadn't done, believing him when he promised not to hurt her if she were to keep quiet.

It didn't do the girl any good as he immediately plunged the knife into her chest and ran. Eva wanted to reach out and hold the hand of the dying girl but, again, it was impossible. So instead, the ghost of Evangeline Richards sat next to her, hoping the girl would go to a better place instead of stay like she had.