Status: Active~

Marionette

"So, he obviously still feels something for you."

~Elliott.~

"Sam! We're going to be late! Your stomach is fine, come on!" I check my watch as I pull on my shoes, and sneeze slightly watching the stairs.

"Okay, fine, but I swear I look fat," I smile as she pushes her shirt down the small forming bump, and smiles at me, "what is there something on my nose?" I chuckle as she rubs her nose before I nod, leaning down to kiss her stomach.

"You look perfect. Now, ready for the biggest family reunion ever?"

"Yeah I'd say so. Oh wait!" I watch her go over to the book of my mothers pictured and grab a small one, tucking it in my pocket.

"Alright, let's go." I kiss her head, making my way to the car with her as she puts the alarm on, and gets in checking her makeup.

"Ugh, Elliott I think I'm getting ugly." I take one of her hands away from her face, and smile to match hers.

"Baby, you're fine," I stop at the light, finally able to let my eyes meet hers as she states at me "Why're you staring at me like that?"

"You just called me baby." I shift slightly, putting my eyes back on the road as the light changes.

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did! Oh my god aw! I'm your baby!" I shake my head and look at her as we drive, before my eyes glace at the ring on her finger.

"Yeah, yeah you're my baby Sam." I shake my head with a smile as she giggle snorts and goes back to adjusting herself in the car. I turn onto the long road that leads to my fathers house, and wiggle my nose as another sneeze comes.

"Ew, Elliott cover your mouth my god."

"Oh well excuse me for holding your hand, and driving!"

"Meh!" She sticks her tongue out at me.

"Meh!" I return the tongue and she licks mine.

"Are we almost there?"

"Actually yes."

"How will I know?"

"Trust me, you will."

"Bu—Oh my god." I chuckle as we come up the drive way, filled with nice cars.

"Big, isn't it?"

"Big, is an understatement."

"Yeah, I know," I kiss her cheek softly with a grin as I get out. "Come on." I wait for her to follow and take her hand, walking right in where my whole family is.

"There's my son!" I receive a hug from my father.

"Elliott!" Use my free arm to big up my cousin Margo.

"Is this the lovely lady?" And allow my aunt Wendy to pinch my cheek, giving Sam a smile.

"Hey, eveybody this is Sam, Sam this is everyone." I place Margo down and free Sam to hug and greet everyone else. Once I see her being dragged in, but settled by a group of my family I go to the kitchen and pick at some food.

"Eli! Oh my god! It's been years!" I stop and make a face at the ear shattering voice.

"Anabrielle?" I suddenly put down the piece of cake I picked up, and turn towards her slowly being forcefully hug.

"I missed you! My god, my love how are you? You've been so busy with work you never answer my calls." I pry the hands of my ex girlfriend off my body, unwrinkling my nose.

"I haven't been busy, we broke up after you cheated."

"Yeah, well you still could've answered a call." She crosses her arms, and I follow as I lean against the counter.

"There was nothing left to say."

She scoffs at me and moves closer. "Maybe to you, I spent a bunch of time apologizing to you."

"Yeah, well an apology doesn't make up for that, I was thinking I could maybe open up, but luckily you showed your true colors before that." I once again begin to pick at the cake as she comes up, turning me to face her as she hugs me.

"Elliott, just one kiss."

"No, I don't think so."

"Didn't you miss me too?"

"Once again, negative."

"Elliott, you're being cold."

"Don't I have the right? Besides, I love someone else."

"Excuse me?" She raises an eyebrow once more crossing her arms with a disapproving scowl.

"You told me, you don't love."

"Well, you also weren't her."

~Sam.~

I stand by the wall, listening quietly before I enter the kitchen and tilt my head.

"Elliott?" I begin to chew my lip as he comes over and places a soft kiss to them, holding my hands in his.

"You feeling okay?" I give the woman a look, and nod slowly.

"Your mom wanted me to grab that cake you took a chunk of." I give a small ingenuine smile, and make my way over to the dish, leaving his chunk on a small plate.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to. I got the nibbles baby."

"Uh huh, sure. Um, sorry to interrupt your conversation."

"No problem."

I make my way out without another word, and place it on the table before being tapped on my shoulder.

"There you are, god.. So much god damn family." I instantly wrap myself around Leah and give her my concerned look. Of course understanding she pulls me upstairs to a bathroom, where I began to puke.

"Ugh, sorry been holding that in nonstop."

"I understand, no worries," I sit and allow her to clean my face, sighing softly, "Want to talk about it?"

"He's talking to his stupid ex, fucking beautiful perfect bitch, fucking better then me, should've been his girlfriend instead, fucking bitch."

"Ah, so you've met Anabrielle?" I give her a nod and sigh heavily with a sorry look.

"He never said she was that pretty."

"Yeah, well, don't worry she's nothing compared to you. Now get cleaned up and come have some more fun, Okay?" Leah pushes my hair behind my ear before leaving me alone. After fixing my makeup and putting in my smile, I walk out the bathroom bumping into a taller man.

"Fuck, sorry."

"Ugh, it's okay," I take his helping hand, running my fingers through my hair "I'm clumsy anyway."

"You always have been Sam." I look at the familiar stranger with his glowing smile.

"Wh—Oh my god! Ben?!" Earning a small nod I squeeze my old friend tight.

"Ah, now you remember. What're you doing here?"

"I'm with someone. My god, look at you."

"I could say the same."

I hear an ehm behind the two of us, breaking the smile and contact.

"Sam, you feelings okay?"

"Yeah, Elliott I'm fine."

"I see you met my cousin Ben."

"Um, your cousin?" I clear my throat as Elliott's eyes burn me.

"Yep, that's my cousin Elliott Carter. I didn't know you two have met." Ben looks between the two of us as he speaks, and I feel my face heat up.

"Actually Ben, I'm Elliott's —"

"Girlfriend." I look up from the floor and unexpectedly meet Elliott's eyes. His cocky 'That's mine' smile crosses his face.

"Oh, well that's good." I hear the falter in Ben's voice as he gives me a sympathetic look.

"Yep, Sam."

"Hm?" I can't help but stare at the sad look in Ben's eyes.

"Come downstairs, my mom made Ziti, I know you love it, plus we're heading home soon." I take his hand, giving Ben a wave as we decend the steps.

"What the hell was that Elliott?" I start it the silent argument as we waver through people and go to the food, truthfully I'm starving, but I'm also upset with the man holding my hand.

"You tell me."

"Don't do that, not here."

"I'm not doing anything Sam, just keeping a who seems to still be close friend away from my pregnant girlfriend."

"So I use to go to school with your cousin. So what?"

"So, he obviously still feels something for you."

"And Anabrielle doesn't have feelings for you?"

"That's different."

"No it isn't and he's 3 years older than me. I haven't seen him since my freshman year in highschool.."

"I don't care. Now, smile and prepare for the announcement."

"Huh?"

I turn in Elliott's arms, eating the delicious Ziti as he gathers everyone's attention.

"Guys, Sam and I have BIG news."

"Tell us the big news sonny-boy." I smile at the outburst of Mr.Carter.

"Um," I speak up, "Elliott and I are having a baby!"

"Aw! Oh my god congratulations!" I hold my plate over my head, getting many hugs and congratulations and questions. Quickly finding myself separated from Elliott until time to go home. Instantly I pass out in the car with leftovers in my lap. Last thing seen before my eyes close, Elliott's hand, in mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate myself...for this chapter.