Status: Active~

Marionette

"Shit yeah, sorry."

°.Sam.°
It'd been about a month since I had left Elliott and he refused to stop calling.

"Keep your head straight Sam," I say softly to myself as I pull my navy blue Hollister shirt down and check myself from the side with a smile. "Leah!"

"Yes my dear?" I turn to her and embrace her as she enters the room.

"Well look who's alive today, where ya going?" She ask with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, I was thinking I'd go to the coffee shop then have a walk in the park."

"Sam, you can't have coffee." I let out a light laugh and shake her by the shoulders.

"Let me be freee! No worries, I just want a chocolate glaze donut, and you can even come to make sure I don't drink anything caffeinated mother goose."

"Alright, come on, but bring a coat it's suppose to rain." Letting her go I scamper to my closet and race out the room.

***********
"Where are we going to sit speed racer?" I smile and bite my lip, walking towards a table in the middle of the shop.

"This okay?" I say with contentment in my voice.

"Of course, just let me hit the bathroom."

"Mhm," Nodding her away I take my phone out of my pocket and dial Elliott's number. "Hello?" I could hear him breathing through the silence, something about his asthmatic wheeze made him easy to identify over the phone. "Elliott?"

"Hey, Sam I-"

"Please don't," I plead softly "What was your reason?"

"It wasn't like that, I just really needed it."

"So all I do isn't enough?" I mumble almost too calmly.

"Of course it's enough Sam I just made a mistake."

"You made the mistake of letting her call your other phone? Or the mistake of getting caught?"

"Sam, come on that isn't fair."

"But cheating was? Oh okay."

"I didn't-" With a roll of my eyes I cut him off.

"I need to go."

"Sam."

"Bye." With that he's gone, Leah returns to the table with my donut and her absolutely delightful smelling coffee just as Adam walks up.

"Hey Sam, How're things?" He taps his cup and I and I can tell he's just on break from the suit and fact that he's piercingless.

"Pretty good. It's been hard without Elliott." I say and look down as Leah caresses my arm with the tips of her fingers.

"Trust me, he's struggling too. Leah knows we've talked about this."

Once my eyes flash to her she looks away from me and drops her hand.

"What? What does Leah know?"

"Adam, I didn't want to worry her."

"Worry me?"

"Sorry." Adam says softly.

"Elliott just isn't doing so good without you."

"What does that mean Leah?!" I begin to sit up in worry.

"He just hasn't been himself I guess, he regrets what he did, but you've been so happy I didn't want to intrude."

"Take me to his house." I say softly under my breath.

"Sam."

"One of you fucking take me!" I grab my jacket and walk out.

°.Elliott.°

"Fuck." I mutter and sit on the floor by the couch, my hands hiding my face as my fingers grip my hair.

The Match by Asking Alexandria begins to play and I blindly reach for my phone.

"What?!"

"You alright?"

"Shit yeah, sorry."

"It's cool," I rub my face with my free hand as Adam speaks. "I saw Sam today."

"Me too, but how is she?"

"Pretty good I guess." His voice gives off a simple shrug and I sigh.

"I'm going for a drive, can we talk later?" I huff and hang up before he even replies. One last look at my mom and I'm off the floor.

"I love you Elliott."

I grab my keys, rubbing my sore eyes.

"I want you!"

Hiccuping I push towards the door, as my legs struggle to hold me up.

"Thank you for finding me."

My feet feel like cement as I put on my shoes and press the alarm.

"Don't I get any say in this?!"

The car starts, and the music seems to fill the car in slow motion as The Match comes on.

"I'm your master respect me like it!"

My head rest against the steering wheel as I put myself in reverse.

"You're the best."

As the rain hits my windshield I look up and begin to drive off.

"Mm, the grey one."

As tears fill my eyes, I bit down on my bare lip, and speed up.

° Sam °
Banging on the door I begin to panic as I call his phone.

"Why won't he answer me Leah?!"

Throwing her hands up she calls his phone.

"You've reached Elliott Carter and Samantha! leave a message."
My eyes water as I hear our voices once more.

"Adam do something." Adam runs a hand through his hair and huffs.

"All I can do is go try to find him mate."

"Then I don't understand WHY THE FUCK YOU'RE STILL HERE." My voice breaks as I tears fall down my face and mix with the drizzle.

°Elliott.°
I speed around the corner and my head meets the wheel as I look out the raindrop covered windshield.

I'm turning my back on this city and I'm not looking back
You'll never hear my name without your chest in flames
I'll make my own mistakes
Even though I never learn
I'm running from myself
If only you could see behind my eyes


"Fuck seeing, fuck breathing." I mumble quietly. Speeding up as I grow closer to the cliff. As my hair falls in my eyes the music only gets louder. My throat begins to close, and I get out the car as it makes it's violent stop. I take my phone and look down at the rumbling current as my hair becomes drenched.

"What the fuck do you want?"

"Baby..where are you?"

"Why do you care I already hurt you. I hurt mom, and she left, I didn't protect her, and now I hurt you. You're going to lea-"

"Elliott!" I back away as Adam comes closer.

"Baby go to Adam. It's okay." I shake my head and back away more.

"Here." I throw my phone at Adam and step back once more with a pained laugh.

"Elliott!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Oops. Elliott fell.