Status: Active

Second Heartbeat

Chapter Two

~ Brian's POV ~

"Jimmy?" I ask plopping down in the back lounge.

"Yea?"

"How much longer till we get home?" I asked teary-eyed.

Jimmy turns to me, "Hey man, it's okay. Mads and Everleigh miss you a lot also, if not more. I know this tour has been torture for you, but just think about how happy they're going to be when you're going to be home for awhile after this tour. I called Madison this morning while you were sleeping, and I heard Everleigh crying in the background because she wants her daddy. I had to calm Madi down because she was crying on the phone talking to me. Not only is this tour torture for you, it's torture for them. I know Madi and she tries to be strong for Everleigh while you're gone, but she cries because of how much she misses you while your gone when Everleigh goes to bed." He reassures me hugging me.

"I just miss them so much," I sob clinging to Jimmy. "I don't know how much longer I can take this. I just miss them so much."

"I know you miss them so much. I miss Lee and Ella as much as you do." He says clinging to me tear-eyed.

I hear the back lounge door slide open while crying, and Matt asks Jimmy, "Is he going to be okay to perform tonight?"

Jimmy nods his head, "He'll be okay. He's just missing Madison and Everleigh so much."

"I figured it was because of that. I just wish that Madison and Everleigh were able to come on this tour with the rest of them. I miss Everleigh's contagious smile, and I miss Madison's craziness. At least after this tour, we'll be done for awhile. Speaking of, today is our last day, so we should be in Long Beach by 5." Matt tells me trying not to cry.

Matt may look intimidating and look like he could break you in half, but in reality he's a big giant teddy bear that has dimples.

I look to Matt with tears still in my eyes, "Thanks for having Val and River keep Everleigh and Madison company when we're not home. She greatly appreciates that." I hug Matt.

"It's no problem man. Madi is my sister and I would do anything for her and Everleigh." Matt hugs me.

I pull back and look at Matt, "You okay Matt? You look like you're going to cry."

"Not really. River was crying when I called Val earlier, and it felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest and I started crying."

Jimmy looks at Matt, "It's getting to you also? This tour is killing every single one of us. First Brian, then me, then Jason, and now you. Who's next, Zacky or Johnny?"

I wipe my eyes and look at Matt, "The reason it's getting to us and having us cry is because this is the first tour that we have done with kids. All the other tours we did, we didn't have kids. I'm done after this tour for awhile. I want to enjoy my family, but I can't do that when I'm constantly on tour. I just can't."

Matt nods his head, "I feel you. I was actually going to talk to Larry tomorrow and tell him that we need a break. If it's alright with you guys, I already talked to Jason about this last night, I want to go on hiatus, not a permanent hiatus, just a temporary hiatus. I don't want to miss anymore of River's life. Plus, I'm gonna be a daddy again." Matt smiles while blushing.

"Congrats man! Little man is gonna be a big brother huh?" Jimmy smiles and hugs Matt.

I look at Matt and hug him, "Congrats bro. I'm happy for you. I can't wait to see my niece or nephew. What are you hoping for?" I ask Matt.

"I'm hoping for a girl. River and Val both want a girl and I want a daddy's girl."

"Hopefully it's a girl."

Zacky and Johnny walk into the back lounge, "What's this I hear that Matt's going to be a daddy again?" Asks Zacky smirking.

"Yea man. I'm going to be a dad again." Matt says smiling. "I'm excited." He grinned.

"We're happy for you man." Says Johnny.

Matt looks at Johnny and Zacky, "I already discussed this with Brian, Jimmy just now, and Jason last night, I want to talk to Larry tomorrow and tell him that we want a temporary hiatus. There is so much going on in our children's lives that we are missing out on. Every time that one of us calls home our children are crying in the background. My heart felt like it was being ripped out of my chest when I heard River crying. So it's up to you guys if you want a temporary hiatus. Brian, Jimmy, and Jason are ready for it."

Zacky and Johnny look at each other, "Yea man. I'm ready for it." Says Zacky sitting next to me. "Sierra was crying when I talked to Meaghan this morning, and I tried my hardest not to break down."

Johnny nods his head and sits next to Jimmy, "Me too. There's only so much of Olivia crying before I break down, and that's what I did last night before we went onstage."

"I was wondering why your performance was off last night." Says Zacky.

"Yup. It was because Olivia was crying asking for me before we went on last night, and there was nothing that I could do about it."

"Brian?"

"Hmm?"

"How's Everleigh?" Asks Johnny.

I feel tears coming to my eyes again, "She's good. She cries a lot when I call home, and my heart always feels like it's being ripped out of my chest, and Madi tries hard not to cry when she does, but it's hard for her." I feel Jimmy rubbing my back, "I just want to go home." I sob clinging Jimmy.

"Hey Brian, it's okay." Says Matt.

I let go of Jimmy and glare at Matt, "No it's not!" I snap. "You don't understand what it feels like being alone on tour without your family. You all had your wives and children on this tour. I had nothing. Don't you understand that?!" I get up and turn to them with tears running down my cheeks, "I had nothing." I whisper while walking away.

I climb into my bunk, hug my pillow, and look at the picture of Madison, Everleigh, and I, and feel tears rolling down my cheeks, "Daddy loves you baby girl. I miss you so much. I'll be home soon." I whisper while crying myself to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Brian ::sad: