Status: Active

Second Heartbeat

Chapter Three

~ Jimmy's POV ~

Poor Brian. I know how much he loves my sister and niece, and not being able to see both of them, hurts us all inside. All of the other wives and kids were able to come out for a couple days or weeks. Madison and Everleigh weren't able too. I have never seen Brian look so broken like that before in my life. He tried to play it off and put up a front in front of everybody, but I could see right through it. Every night I hear him crying in his bunk. Just like I hear him now and there is nothing I can do. Oh, but uncle Jimmy is a genius.

I whip out my iPhone and wait for an answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby girl."

"Hi JimJam."

"How you doing Madi?"

I hear her sniffing, "I just want him home JimJam. I miss him so much." She cries.

"I know you do baby girl." I soothe her as best as I can. "It's 2:07 now, and the shows at 8, and we should be in Long Beach at 5 or a little bit after." I hesitate. "He cried himself to sleep 15 minutes ago looking at the picture."

"I know he does Jim. He pocket dials me all the time and I hear him." She sighs. "It feels like my heart is being ripped out of my chest when I hear him cry, but I have great news for him though."

"Oh do tell baby sister." I grin.

"Hmm. Do you deserve to hear it?" She teases.

"I was a good boy today." I say innocently.

She snorts, "Sorry JimJam, but you are far from innocent. That's Everleigh."

I cackle, "Brian's her daddy. She is not innocent. Tell me, tell me, tell me." I beg and I don't do that. Ever.

She laughs, "Okay big brother, but you can't tell Brian until I tell him."

"Scouts honor."

"I put my resignation in at work. They knew it was coming and they expected it. They told me when I turned it in that it was time I did. They knew about me not being home all the time. Barely seeing Everleigh for 3 hours maybe before they call me back to work. They didn't fire me. They said I can come back at anytime and they are going to keep my license current."

I grin, "Do you know how extremely happy Brian's going to be when he heard that?"

"I know Jimmy. Every time I talk to him he keeps asking me if I was going to quit."

I hear my niece in the background, "let me talk to her."

"Okay."

"Hewwo?"

"Hi baby girl."

She gasps, "Uncle Jammy!" She screams and I pull the phone away from my ear.

"Yes baby girl. It's uncle Jammy. How you doing buttercup?"

"I otay. I mits daddy."

"I know baby girl. Daddy misses you also."

As we are talking I didn't notice that Brian was up.

"Who?" He mouths to me.

"Madi and Everleigh. Wanna talk?" I ask him.

He nods his head, "Yeah."

"Baby girl someone wants to talk to you."

"Who?" She asks confused which is adorable.

"Daddy." I whip my phone away from my ear when I said that and I heard her scream.

"Yay!" She tells me and Madi.

I hand Brian the phone and I walk off leaving him to talk to my sister and niece. I walk to the back lounge and sit down an Matt looks at me, "Where's Brian?" He asks.

"He's talking to Madi and Everleigh. I called them when I heard Brian crying in his bunk."

"I've never seen Brian look this devastated before in my life." Zacky says shocked.

I look at Zacky, "Does that surprise you? I knew how devastated he was when all our wives and children were with us."

"Yeah, but still. I've never seen him like this."

I look at Johnny and kick him in the leg, "What has you looking so down? Is it how Brian looked when he walked out of here?"

"Yeah." He sighs. "It makes me feel guilty because we all had our wives and children on this tour or all our other tours. He didn't and I just feel so guilty and I can't get rid of the feeling."

I look at all of them, "Do all of you feel the same way?"

They all nod their heads, "Yeah."

"Then it's a good thing this is the last tour for awhile huh?" I smirk at them. "Especially the news that Brian has waiting for him at home."

They all look at me dumbfounded, "What are you talking about Jimmy?" Matt asks me.

"That's for me and Brian to know and for you guys to find out when we get to Long Beach."

2 hours later, Brian walks into the back lounge looking better and sits down next to me and hands me my phone.

"You okay Bri?" I ask him

He nods his head, "Yeah. Thanks for that by the way. It made me feel so much better." He smiles. "Sorry about my outburst Matt. It was just building and I didn't realize how much it was, and I apologize." He says to Matt.

"Don't worry about it man. It happens to the best of us, and I can understand where you're coming from, because I would have done the same thing if I was in your shoes." Matt hugs him.

I throw my arms up, "Yay!! Now we can be a big happy family again!" I cackle.

"Jesus fuck Jimmy!" Zacky jumps and glares at me. "Don't do that shit again. You scared the fuck out of me you jackass." He laughs.

"Oops." I smirk at him.

He rolls his eyes at me, "Jackass."

An hour and a half later we pull up to the Long Beach Colosseum.

"Last day bitches!! Let's do this shit! I have a wife and daughter that are coming to see me." I yell loudly successfully scaring Johnny and Zacky again.

"Goddammit Jimmy! Stop doing that shit!" They both glare at me.

I smirk at them, "you say that like it's a bad thing."

Brian and Matt pull me along, "let's go Jimmy before they kick your ass even though they can't."

We run through our sound check after everything is set up and in working order we decide to go outside and Brian is on his phone trying to get ahold of Madison and didn't notice them.

"Daddy!!"

We all hear and turn around and notice all our children running to us and we all crouch down to catch them and I swear that Brian has the biggest grin on his face because he finally gets to see his daughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait