Status: Complete

Another Day in Berk

The Beginning

Berk. Home for as long as I could remember where it snowed nine months of the year and rained the other three months. Fortunately enough, no one really minded. I mean, vikings are pretty resilient.

My name is Frigga Karina Thorpe. I've been a Berkian since I was born, my father, Stig Rangvald Thorpe being from Berk. My mother, Camilla Nell Dagmor hailed from Scotland, but moved to Berk once she married my father.

My parents met when my father sailed with a crew to trade with a Scottish village on the Western coast. My father saw a woman with straw colored hair and big blue eyes and immediately fell in love with her. My mother did not see him that day though. She did not meet my father until he sailed back a second time and sought her out. There was instant chemistry.

Over the years, my father visited his love until he finally asked her to be his wife. She gladly agreed and sailed back to Berk with him where they were married by my grandfather. Two years later, I came into the picture.

I had a head full of my dad's bright red wavy hair, my mom's blue eyes, and skin as pale as the moon. I was their little angel according to my grandmother. Unfortunately, I did not get to grow up with my parents after the dragon attacked Berk.

I was about three, playing outside with a few of the other Berk children when my mother suddenly ushered all the kids home and me indoors when a loud note filled the air. My mom rushed me into my bedroom and had me hide under my bed. She laid on the floor next to me, holding my hand and said calming words I can't remember.

She began to tell me a story I could never forget about a boy who grew up to be the greatest dragon hunter, riding a dragon himself. He was strong and brave, protecting his family and village for the bad dragons in the world. The boy learned the secrets of many dragons and taught them to his village.

My mother made me believe that not all dragons were bad. That there were dragons in the world that could be trained for good. She also made me strive to find a friend as brave and smart as the boy in her story.

I never got to have the ending of her story spoken to me before roars and explosions echoed outside our home. I remember my father yelling up to her and her eyes squeezing shut in fear. Her hand tightened around mine as she told me she loved me and told me to stay put until she came back to me. Then she left me under my bed, the noises outside creating fear in me.

I never saw her or my father again.

The man I called Uncle, my father's best friend, found me bawling under my bed. He had taken me to the main hall where several adults were crowding around the Chief's seat. The man who found me, Stoick the Vast, led me to my grandmother who held a little baby that later became my very best friend. Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III.

My grandmother saw my curiosity for the baby and let me hold him. The baby boy had a fresh cut on his chin and the greenest eyes I had ever seen. He cooed at me and grabbed my small hand with his tiny fingers, staring up at me curiously. I instantly fell in love with baby Hiccup and kept him company the entirety of the gathering.

As I got older, Stoick offered me the chance to watch over his son while he went out searching for the dragon nest and his missing wife. I gladly took his offer and with the help of my grandmother at first, I became Hiccup's babysitter. Though it turned into more of a friendship when we started getting into mischief together.

At age ten my grandmother passed away, leaving me with no one to care for me. Thankfully, Stoick let me stay with him and his son since I did take good care of Hiccup even when we got into some trouble. I was certainly lucky to have a home with the Chief of the Hairy Hooligans. Hiccup was ecstatic because he could now play with his best friend whenever he wanted.

When I reached eighteen and Hiccup fifteen, our lives and the lives of our village changed. We were attacked by dragons, nothing unusual in those days, and despite all warnings to stay inside, Hiccup and I ventured out. That's where my friend knocked a Night Fury out of the air. No one believed him, of course, so we took a walk into the woods where we watched the dragon fall.

It wasn't hard to find the Fury caught in Hiccup's net. The Fury acknowledged us and even waited for Hiccup to end its life, but he instead cut the dragon loose. That dragon had tackled Hiccup, but instead of attacking, it just roared and scampered away. It was curious when our entire lives we were told that dragons always go for the kill.

We found the Fury later, trapped in an inland cove hidden in the forest. He had lost his back fin, thus sparking Hiccup's curiosity further to the point he trained the Fury and gained its trust.

It didn't go over well with Stoick. He managed to capture the Fury Hiccup named Toothless and used him to find the dragon nest. All that did was create the queen of the nest, Red Death, to attack. Thanks to Hiccup, he got all of our friends and his father to get on a dragon and take down the queen. Hiccup lost his left foot, but from that day on, Stoick changed his mind about dragons. Everyone in Berk got a dragon whether to protect their home or to just have as a pet.

I found myself a Stormcutter. Owl-like in mannerisms, but fast and graceful with four wings. I named her Nightstriker because her purple color was as dark as the midnight sky, almost invisible as she flew. She got along great with my friends' dragons, mostly following Toothless like I followed Hiccup. Life in Berk was great and always an adventure.

Little did we know that we would be thrown into another life altering adventure five years later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! It's been I think a few years since I've posted anything. I'm trying out this HTTYD fanfiction to see how it does and to try to get back into writing. Please if you have any constructive criticism I'd appreciate the help. I hope this introduction is enough to want y'all to ready more! Thanks for reading guys!