Status: Complete

Another Day in Berk

Stoick and Valka

The three of us made it back to the dragon haven with no more attempts from me to balance on Nightstriker's back. Our chatter and laughs echoed off the cave walls as we made our way to Valka's kitchen space.

Long logs sat on the ground for seating, a few wooden table and a large fire pit completed the room. Valka scampered to a table and set the fish down on it before she looked at us with a smile.

"I'm going to make sure the Alpha made it back inside. I'll be right back, you two," she smiled and walked casually out of the room. Cloudjumper followed closely behind her, disappearing with the viking woman.

A scuffle caught my attention and I whipped my head around to see Hiccup and Toothless trying to sneak out.

"What are you doing?"

Hiccup froze, cowered, and turned to me, "I, ah, was going to find Drago."

"Not without me, right?" I crossed my arms over my chest, "I didn't disobey your dad to be left behind."

"I need you to stay here with my mom. Please Frigga."

I stood so close to Hiccup that our noses almost touched and I glared, "You are not leaving me here, Hiccup. It could be dangerous and you'll need someone to get your butt out of there."

His hands rested on my shoulders, pushing me back a little, and he frowned, "If it's dangerous, I want you to stay here. What if Drago attacks this place? Or worse, Berk? Someone will need to protect the dragons... Berk."

"But how can I protect everyone and the dragons if I don't know if you're alive?" I questioned. "If it comes down to me protecting everyone, I'm going to assume the worst."

"If I don't come back by the time the sun sets, then tell my mom and come find me. Just please stop fighting me and stay here," Hiccup begged.

I stared my friend down for a few seconds before I wrapped my arms around him in a hug. My chin fell on his shoulder and I sighed, "Fine... Just come back in one piece... Before the sun sets or I will kick your butt when I find you."

"It's hard to come back in once piece when I'm, well, not in one piece," Hiccup joked, elbowing my side when we separated.

A small smile graced my lips, "Fair enough. Don't come back looking like Gobber then."

"I'll do my best."

A few chuckles came from us until I hugged Hiccup a second time.

"Yeah, yeah... You can stop now," Hiccup blushed. "I should go before Mom comes back."

I pulled away and had Toothless come to me.

"Don't let him do anything stupid that could get either one of you hurt, okay? Stay safe."

Toothless grinned, nodded, then licked my face. His head rubbed against my side in his way of promising me he'd stay out of danger.

I looked at Hiccup again, "Well, I'll go find your mom then. Come back soon."

He nodded and smiled before heading out of the room with Toothless down another cave.

Nightstriker growled like she was speaking and looked at me knowingly.

"What? I'm worried about him. Last time he went on an adventure, he lost his foot and was out for several days," I defended. "I don't know why everyone thinks I care for him beyond how a long-term friend would care."

If dragons had eyebrows, I would have expected Nightstriker raised one in disbelief.

"Oh, come on," I waved her off. "Let's go find Valka."

Our footsteps echoed softly through the caverns in the direction Valka went. Nightstriker helped me up a few rocks and then we entered another large room where Valka and Cloudjumper were walking in our direction.

I opened my mouth to greet her, but the sound of Hiccup's voice caught me off guard. The word "dad" reached my ears, followed by a familiar fatherly voice. Valka noticed as well for she froze before moving to the back of the room, preparing to run or fight.

"Oh, uh, Dad, put the sword away, please," we could hear Hiccup say.

Valka's eyes widened in shock and her stance almost seemed fearful.

At that moment, none other than Stoick appeared from a cave. Hiccup and Gobber came quickly after him.

"Frigga?"

"Um, hi," I shyly waved to the chief. I glanced at Valka and saw her stand up straight.

Stoick also looked at her and his face became flat, but his eyes held amazement and joy.

My eyes met Hiccup's for a second. The meeting before us was of everyone's insterest. Even our dragons seemed to understand the importance of the moment.

"I know what you're going to say, Stoick," Valka finally spoke. "How could I have done this? Stayed away all these years and why haven't I come back to you? To our son? Well, what sign did I have that you could change? That anyone on Berk could?"

Stoick took slow, dazed steps toward Valka who backed away at the same speed. I moved out of his way, bumping into Gobber. I almost fell, but Hiccup stopped me. I nodded in thanks and looked back at the reunion.

"I pleaded so many times to stop the fighting, to find another answer. But did any of you listen?" Valka continued.

Gobber leaned close to us, "This is why I never married... This and one other reason."

We stared at him oddly, but dragons from the sanctuary began to near Stoick, unsure of his motives toward the woman they trusted so dearly.

"I know I left you to raise Hiccup alone, but I thought he'd be better off without me. And I was wrong, I see that now, but..." Valka's back hit the wall behind her, allowing Stoick to stand mere inches from her. "Oh stop being so stoic, Stoick! Go on! Shout, scream, say something!"

The chief gently cupped the right side of Valka's frightened face with his left hand and she gasped. "You are as beautiful as the day I lost you," his whispered words sounded off the cave walls to reach out ears.

Slowly, Stoick leaned toward his long lost love and sweetly kissed her. Valka didn't stop him, kissing him just as sweetly back.

My heart swelled at their reunited love and involuntarily, I hugged Hiccup to get the warm feelings out of my system. Unfortunately, that only made the feelings worse when his hand rested on my lower back once I pulled out of the embrace.

"I, uh, hate to interrupt," Gobber grabbed all of our attention, "But I think this calls for a celebration."

Stoick gazed at his love and a shy smile graced her face.

"We have fish," she offered quietly.

"Great! I'm starving!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's been AGES, but every time I have free time to type up a new chapter, I would get lazy. I hope to post again soon, but until then, I hope you enjoy. I hope everyone had a happy Christmas and will have a happy new year! Thanks!