Status: Please enjoy! Comments and reviews are encouraged!

Not Desperate

Chapter 5 Patience is not my virtue

Chapter Five
“Patience is not my virtue”

Yvonne’s issues start to peek out. She is in denial, and Daryl is horny. . . and frustrated.

I had hoped that everyone would be asleep when I got inside, but not my luck. Kay, whose house we were staying at, almost jumped me as soon as I walked in.
“Where the hell have you been” We thought you’d ditched us or got kidnapped or something.”
“Neither really. But I guess you could say I was rescued.”
“By who?”
“His name is Daryl and he’s not like anyone I’ve ever met at a bar. EVER! He was there with his brother and some friends. Assholes apparently.”
“God I hope it wasn’t the military dick with the fake hand. He creeped the fuck out of me. He had all his “boys” there trying to act all charming, but he was just drunk. Probably jerking it with his fake hand right now.”
“Good Lord! A fake hand? Why did ya’ll stick around there then?”
“Apparently to give you time to meet Darren.”
“Daryl!”
Then Abagail and Sara come into the kitchen. Great, now I have to go through this again.
“Whatever,” Kay said. “How did you meet him anyway? I didn’t see you talking to anybody.”
“It was when I went outside for some air. He asked me for a light and just stuck around. He’s real cute, and sexy too. Long, dark hair and perfect blue eyes. He even opened doors for me. I was overwhelmed.” I said, fanning myself like a Southern belle.
“Did you get laid at least?” Abagail asked.
“No,” I said. “I wasn’t looking for that and ya’ll know it. He wasn’t looking for it either. His brother was doing the same thing to him. Trying to get him laid and apparently, he’s not into bar whores.”
“Did he kiss you? Did anything else happen? Are you gonna see him again? Can you trust him?” Sara rambled on without taking a breath.
“Yes, he kissed me. No, nothing else happened. Yes, I’m gonna see him again. He’s supposed to call me sometime this week. And yes, I think I can trust him. He wasn’t looking to get laid. He told me that. He was pissed off at his brother because he won’t rest till Daryl gets some. He seemed shy and nervous and maybe a little insecure. He stammered around a little and he has all these nervous tics. I don’t believe anything will happen, but it’s not like I’m gonna fall in love with this guy. He’s cute and he was very nice to me, but that doesn’t mean anything. He’s not gonna call me. I’m not going to believe that this guy is any different from the others. I’m not stupid enough to believe that he’s special, that he won’t do the things that everyone else has done. As long as I remember that, I think I’ll be fine. If I don’t let myself get fooled into believing his words, I won’t be hurt.”
I didn’t want to talk about it anymore. I have no idea what had gotten into me. I had just taken a nearly perfect night and turned it into a future loss. I know I’ll never hear from him, but at least I have a good memory and the best kiss I’ve had in years. I walked into the bedroom I would be sharing with Kay. I took off my clothes and put on my Scooby Doo sleep shorts and a tank. Hopefully, I’ll be asleep by the time everyone else goes to bed. Then my phone vibrates on the nightstand. A message from Daryl. Carol was right; he does seem like a sweet one.
*******************************************************

The next morning when Daryl woke up, the sun was right in his eyes. Forgot to close the damn blinds when he left yesterday. Instead of getting up to close them, he just turned over onto his stomach and buried his head in the pillow. He just wanted sleep and darkness. Then he remembered last night, and his dream. He did see that smile again just like he knew he would. They were sitting in the bed of his truck, legs dangling off the tailgate. He had taken her somewhere in the woods. The birds were chirping and he could hear the little creek that flowed nearby. Her hair blew in the wind and he watched as it would cover her face. He reached over and brushed it behind her ear. As she turned to face him, her eyes smiled at him. “You are so beautiful baby,” he said as he leaned in to kiss her. He move his hand to the back of her head, curling his fingers in her hair. As they kissed, she moved her hands to his chest, moving them up and down his torso. He woke then, when he felt the sun on his face. He wants to see her again, talk to her. He wants to know who she is. He laid in bed for a few more minutes before getting up to shower.
He grabbed a shirt, his pants from last night and a pair of boxers and headed out the door into hallway. He briefly stepped into the living room to see the state of it. Merle was passed out on the floor with some red head tangled up with him. Damn! He must’ve been dead to the world if the sound of Merle fuckin’ couldn’t wake him up. He jumped into the shower and just stood there letting the water cascade down his body. With his eyes closed, he imagined Yvonne in the diner last night. The sound of her voice still echoing through his mind. Then he thought of his dream again. Daryl placed his left hand on the wall and used his right to grip his dick. Stroking himself, he imagines her talking to him. She’s laying there underneath him naked on the bed of the truck, her breathing shallow. He leans forward and grazes her neck with his lips. “I want you Daryl. Touch me Daryl. I want to taste you Daryl.” He feels the heat coil in his belly and just as he shoots onto the wall, the bathroom door bursts open.
“Damn baby brother! Don’t use all the hot water. I got me good lovin’ last night. Gotta get the smell of that bitch off me.”
“Fuck Merle! Can’t take a Goddamn shower in peace!”
“Calm down brother. You got in early last night. Take it you didn’t get no lovin’.”
“None of ya damn business Merle! Now get ya ass outta here and give me some fuckin’ privacy!” When he heard the door slam he started washing himself.

Yvonne was on her way back home. When she woke that morning, everyone else was still sleeping. She quietly got out of bed, trying hard not to wake Kay who was snoring lightly. She took a quick shower, got dressed and left. Despite the meal she had just a few hours earlier, she was starving. McDonalds drive-thru to the rescue. Eating, driving and smoking; it was a skill, right? Minutes after leaving the drive-thru, her phone began to ring. Hoping that it could be Daryl, she didn’t look at the screen when she answered it. Oh, how she wished she had. “Hi honey. How are you?” Great, she thought, she couldn’t even wait for me to get home and call her. “Doing good Helen. How are you?”
“Just fine sweetheart. Just wondering when you’d like to meet and pick up Michael”
“I’m on my way home now. Probably be there in ten to fifteen minutes, so I could meet you wherever and whenever you want. You let me know.”
“Okay. How about the parking lot of the Target on 36? Give us a couple of hours. He’s been downstairs on the video games since he woke up.”
“Sure. How’s he been? Did he have fun?”
“Yeah. We took him to the toy store yesterday and bought him a new game. I think he’s going through a growth spurt. He ate almost a whole pizza last night.”
“He probably is. I know he’s gotten at least two or three inches taller. I’ll be looking up at him soon enough.”
“Well, you know David was over six feet.”
“Yeah. I remember.”
“Next month will be four years. We’re planning on coming up. Maybe we could all spend some time together. We miss you Yvonne. Haven’t seen much of you since David passed.”
“I know Helen. I feel bad about that. I’m trying to take care of my son. I work full time and spend the rest of it with him. Let me know when you’ll be down. I’ll make sure we all do something special together.”
“Okay dear. I’ll let you go so you can drive safely. See ya in a couple of hours.”
“See ya then. Tell my boy I love him.”
With that, we hung up. I had hoped to wean that woman out of my life after her son died. I would never taker her grandson way from her, but she doesn’t need to see me to spend time with him. Wonder how Daryl would fit into this equation? Doubt I even have to worry about that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter. I hope you enjoy it. Comments are encouraged. Spread the love.