Status: active for Now.

When the Dead Come Knocken.

Ten

"Ivy."

My eyes shot open and I stared at the roof of the tent, my body was covered in a cold sweat as my moms voice rung in my ears. My heart beat was fast and my body tense, I didn't want to move, I wanted to stare at the tent above me. It must have been about midnight, everyone else was sleeping. Looking to my left, I saw that Daryl was no where to found; he must have releaved Glenn of watch.

Clentching my jaws, I forced my body to move.

Wrapping the blanket around me I exited the tent and walked over to the fire, I watched Daryl play with the arrow he had. He looked relaxed, more relaxed then yesterday. I stood in front if the tent watching him, debating if I wanted to go near him. Wondering how he would react.

Taking a deep breath I walked closer to him, my nerves going crazy; not just because of him but because of the nightmare. My foot stepped on a twig causing Daryl to swing around and aim his cross bow at my head, we stood there. Staring at each other.

"Well, thank god I'm not a walker right." I spoke as I averted my gaze to ground and nibbled on my bottom lip.

It felt awkward, weird.

"Yea." There was a brief pause. "Why ain't ya sleepin'?"

My eyes connected with him and the urge to cry started to overwhelm me, looking up to the sky I chewed my cheek. He didn't know I had to kill my own mother, he didn't ask if I was okay. He didn't even seem happy that I was here. I looked back at him as he moved to sit back down, but facing me this time.

"Nightmare, they never seem to go away." My voice trailed off as I thought of my mother again.

"Ain't gonna get any easier." He spoke while fixing something on his bow.

I shifted I'm my spot as I felt the chill of the air, pulling the blanket closer to me.

"Yea I guess your right." Nodding, I turned and head back to the tent. He didn't want me there, what was I thinking. I felt the tears brim at my eyes.

"I thought ya were dead." He finally spoke up.

Turning to him and I scrunched my brow and looked at him, my fist curled into a ball beneath the blanket as I stalked over to him. My tears had seemed to turn into rage just by his few words.

Stopping in front of him I watched as he looked up at me, the fire lit up his blue eyes. Once so soft, now hard and covered by something else. I shook my head and looked at the fire behind him, my anger going back to the sadness.

"Why would you give up on me so easily?" My voice was low as I looked at him.

He was now looking at the ground, avoiding all eye contact with me. My hand reached out and wrapped around his short hair. His head resting against my waist and I felt the tears starting to come again, the love of my life gave up on me. He gave hope that I was alive and put up a wall, my heart was torn. My other hand wrapped into his hair as I bit back the tears.

Slowly I pulled off my ring and looked up to the stars.

Reaching down I grabbed his hand and placed the ring into the palm of his hand, his eyes met mine.

"When your ready, if you want it. You know what to do." I spoke as the tears slid down my eyes. Turning with out another word I left him sitting on the log as I walked back to the tent.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this doesn't seem like its rushed, but to give yoi a short view, he was/is the love of her life. Always supported her and had faith in her. But because he lost hope of her being alive. Because she is so emotionally stressed. She had to give him the ring back so they can see where things go. If their really meant to be together?