Status: active for Now.

When the Dead Come Knocken.

two

Three days.

I have been locked in this house for three days, outside has become worse then before. No one is answering their phones, people are trying to enter the house and my mother has been in locked in her room for three days. The news is on repeat, don't leave your house. Help is on the way. Nothing but bullshit lies.

The dead walked the earth, people raj for their lives and sometimes they didn't run fast enough. The streets were filled with blood and I had to get out of here, I had to get back home.

Standing from my bed I placed his sweater over my head, I had been up for a few hours. Showered and dressed, even though there wasnt anyplace to go. I shuffled my way out if the room and over to my moms door that was still locked.

"Ma? Are you okay.?" I muttered into the door, there wasn't a single response back. No movement, no noise. Nothing. I felt the shiver go down my spine, I was going to have to force my way into her room.

Walking to the kitchen I proceeded to fine the best, sharpest knife. As I turned to make my way back to her room I heard the groans at my door, the scratching of their fingernails trying to get in. From the sounds of it there were only two for now.

I made my way to her door and stuck the knife between the door and the frame, I was thankful that my husband showed me how to do this. After a few minutes the door opened with a pop and a wiff of air knocked me in the face, the smell was horrid that I had to cover my mouth and nose.

Slowly I pushed my way in and looked around, it was a wreck. Papers on the floor, shirts and pants all over the place. My attention was pulled to the bed where a groan came from, my eyes widened. My mother had tied herself to the bed and placed duct tape over her mouth.

"Mom?"

Slowly my feet led me to her bedside, there it became clear this wasnt my mother anymore. Her skin was pale and clamy, cracked. Her eyes glazed over white, the smell coming from her body was horrid and death. Looking at the ceiling I felt the tears briming at my eyes. I could hear him in the back of my mind.

"Suck up those tears baby doll, you ain't no bitch. Lets go we got things ta do."

Quickly I wipoed away the remaining tears and turned to the shell of my mother, she had dressed in her finest clothing. I guess she wanted to look good for when went to heaven, smiling my eyes traveled to her clentched hand where a piece of paper stuck from. I grabbed it.

"Dear Ivy, I love you so much. You are my angel in these dark hours and I am so happy that you came home. However I am sorry that you have to see this, it happened at the store. Some maniac grabbed me and bit me before I could get away, I guess this is the end for me. I love you and your redneck husband Daryl. I trust him to keep my baby safe in these times, leave through the window and take the car keys. You have to escape baby doll. You have to survive, please kill this thing that I am.
I love you my baby doll."

My grip on the knife tightened as I placed my hand on her head, her eyes stared at me. They wanted nothing but to rip into my flesh, without any goodbyes I shoved the knife into her skull. Within seconds she was gone and I was waisting no time to get my things and leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
May not be the best chapter but it will get better.

Again- sorry for any error . Currently on phone.