Status: active for Now.

When the Dead Come Knocken.

five

I was pulled from the road and into the woods, the man held a tight grip on my shoulder while making sure that the blade was out and ready. For the first time I thought that things were going smooth, until this man came along.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as we followed a path.

"I didn't say you could speak." He responded gruff and annoyed.

Rolling my eyes I tried to get a good look at him, he was about 5'9 and had pale skin. His hair was either black or brown, I couldn't tell because it was dark.

"Well if I'm going to die, I might as well get my last words out right.?" I spoke as I watched him.

He let out a small grunt, not caring about what I said as he dragged me over to a camp. It was small, two tents and fire with some meat over it. I looked over to the man as he pulled me along and shoved me to the floor, I watched the closed tent. There was a small amount of movement and some groans, my eyes darted to the man as he sat down.

His eyes stared into the fire as he held the knife close to him, my eyes darted back to the tent as the groans started again.

"Eat something, those cans wint help much " he leaned forward and pulled a piece of meat from the fire. I watched as he took a chomp into it, nodding I took the meat and started to eat.

It was so good, I hadn't had anything good for days.

We ate in silence until we were both done, then I watched him. Waiting to see what he would do next. My hands were rested on my legs, my bag still on my back and my phone in my pocket. The man ran his hands through his hair and looked at the enclosed tent, shortly after he pulled a gun from his bag.

My body stiffened.

"I won't tell you my name, but I will tell you to survive. My camp here has some things you will need, my tent. My car keys, my car is parked a mile away north with a full tank. Bullets and everything you will need. I'm sorry I scared you, I just wanted to have my last meal with a human." He muttered, I watched as lifted the gun to his head.

"Wait!" My hands went up and he stopped looking at me. "We can travel together, survive together. Company, friendship, support. Survival." My words were quick but paced. His eyes narrowed and a frown was placed on his face.

"I lost everything and what I have done in the past I can't out run." He raised the gun closer to his head.

"Don't out run it, start new. Start fresh. What you did doesn't matter now, what matters is helping others survive. I had to kill my mother, I'm still walking to get back to my husband." An image of Daryl flashed in my mind.

"You will survive...." He pulled the trigger causing me to jump and scream, when I finally looked over to him, the gun was on the ground and his head had a big gaping hole in it.

I worked fast, I packed everything I good into my bag, I took down his tent and packed it away. I filled another bag with stuff and grabbed the last two items. His gun and his keys. Taking one last glance at the area I headed towards his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy this chapter, if you don't already know this is her journey to find Daryl and Merle. Everything leads up to the best part.