Status: Oh man. I'm in a sws mood again.

How the Hell Did We End Up Like This

A Girl Who Likes Her Liquor

"Come on Meg, seriously? You work to fucking much. Come out to the freaking bar with me tonight. I promise you'll have fun!" Rylee whined giving me the puppy dog face.

"I won't even get home til atleast 11 Ry, and I have a shoot in the morning. Going out isn't really an option tonight." I said packing my camera in it's bag and sitting it with the rest of my stuff.

Rylee was the only thing I had left of Wisconsin anymore. I mean, other than my parents but I really only saw them once a year now. When I decided to actually leave and move to California Rylee decided as my best friend and practically my sister she was coming with me for support and well, to have at least one person I knew there with me. It wasn't easy from the beginning but each day it got better and now, well now everything is a dream to me honestly. We have an amazing apartment in the heart of the city and culture of California. We were pretty close to L.A which was good for me, since a lot of my really big shoot were almost always in L..A. This is exactly how I pictured my life being from the age of thirteen. Now that I really think about it, maybe a night out wouldn't really hurt anyone. I'll just have to drag my butt out of bed tomorrow and do my shoot and call in sick for the one tonight.

"Actually Ry, I think I will go out with you tonight, but you have to do me a huge favor. Call my client and ask if we can reschedule for one day next week, tell them I'm really sick and have a pretty bad fever and I don't want to risk giving them anything."

"DONE!" She said grabbing my client's file calling them while I got ready, it was already nearing 9 o'clock when I finally decided to go out. I've never really had a night out here before. This would be a whole new ball game for me. Sure, I drank, but only here. I always bought my own alcohol since I've been way to busy to even try to make it to a bar.

Rylee came in my room with her favorite dress and heels.

"Here. You really don't have anything bar appropriate so just barrow mine. You'll look better in this than I ever have." She said handing me a white dress with bold black heels. I slipped them on giving my hair and make up a final check in the mirror. I did look pretty freaking good if I do say so myself.

We walked a few blocks to one of Rylee's favorite bars. It was large, and well, she should have told me it was a freaking club. Bars I can deal with, but Clubs? Clubs I do not deal with. There are far too many people, and well. I can't handle a lot of people in one small area. I feel like I can't breathe. Rylee dragged me in anyway and took me straight to the bar buying my first drink. We sat on the stools laughing and talking for a while before she tapped my knee.

"You see that guy to your right? Dark hair blue eyes a twenty on the 1-10 scale?" she said making me glance quickly and see him. Maybe I wouldn't say he's a twenty but he isn't a one either. "He keeps looking at you. I think he might actually wanna take you home by the end of the night."

I sipped my drink continuing to laugh at the stupid things Rylee said. I had completely forgotten about the guy across the bar til I went to get another drink.

"Jack and coke please." I said loudly while the bartender nodded grabbing the mix.

"A girl who likes her liquor huh?" the guy said waiting for the bartender to return.

"You could say that I guess."

"I like that quality. I means your headstrong. Confident."

"Eh, I wouldn't say that exactly."

"Kellin. My names Kellin. Yours?"

"Megan. Megan Jamison, nice to meet you."

"You to Megan Jamison." the bartender brought my drink. Kellin made a motion and the bartender brought two dark colored shots. "These are on me. Cheers to meeting you."

I laughed grabbing my shot glass shooting it back. It was nothing but straight Jack.

"Also, that Jack and coke it on me. Don't try to change it, it won't work."

"Well thank you, Kellin. Are you from here?"

"No, I'm just here for the next few months. Just visiting I guess. You?"

"Not originally, I'm actually from Wisconsin but I moved here a couple years ago."

"Would you and your friend like to come have a few drinks with some friends and I at a bar just down the road? It's not as crowded and here."

"Uh, yeah sure I guess. I'll go get her and meet you out front."

Kellin nodded walking back to his side of the bar.

"Please tell me you're going home with him pretty please!"

"Not exactly, but he wants us to go with him and his friends to a different bar. And he bought me a drink and a shot so I pretty much agreed, grab your stuff." Rylee nodded excited once she saw her new eye candy. A blonde from Kellin's group.

We all walked two blocks down to the bar that I actually went to lunch at a few times, really small, peaceful, more intimate than the club scene.

"So, everyone. We're all new friends let's just introduce each other. Guys, this is Megan, Megan these are my friends Justin, Gabe, Jack and Jesse. And this is her friend..."

"Rylee. Rylee Monroe." She said shooting Justin a smile.

We sat around talking and drinking for the next few hours but my eyes were glued to Kellin. He just had this... Quality about him that just kept me wanting to know more. Learn more. Know him deeper than I have ever wanted to know anyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiiii everyone! My names Kristina. You may have read some of my other stories but this is one I'm excited about!