Status: Enjoy!

The Boy At the Bus Stop.

One.

My alarm clock buzzed me awake, away from the peaceful slumber I was intoxicated by. I reached over, still in bed, and turned the alarm clock off. I lye on my back, staring at the white ceiling in my loft apartment. Groaning, I rolled out of bed and walked down the stairs on the bordered rafters where my bed lye's and into my kitchen popping a cinnamon roll flavored k-cup in my Keurig.

"Good morning, Cheshire." I said leaning over the counter to my cat, patting his head lightly.

I turned back to my coffee and sat it on the counter then strolled to my refrigerator to grab cream. Sipping my coffee, I walked to the big windows in my apartment and watched the city below me. I watched umbrellas strut down the sidewalks and traffic jam itself through the little spots of water on my windows. I yawned and sat my coffee on the coffee table next to me before walking into my bathroom and going to the walk in closet inside. I picked out my clothes and started the shower before undressing and washing away at least some of the stress surrounding me. I turned off the shower and wrapped light brown my hair in a towel before wrapping my body in another and walking out into my living room under where the rafters hold my bed and turned on my computer, logging into Pandora and letting it play as I got dressed. I slipped on my black and purple NYU sweat pants and a black T-shirt with a black sweater and my black vans. I walked back into my bathroom and drew on my winged eye liner with a little mascara making my hazel eyes pop, I polished off the rest of my coffee and grabbed my backpack, my phone, bus card, and umbrella before turning off my computer and leaving, saying goodbye to Cheshire on my way out.

I popped in my earbuds and turned on my iPod before I pushed the 'down' button on the elevator. I waited while nodding my head to the music when the doors opened. I stepped in and pressed the lobby button, singing along to a few of the songs playing in my ears, thank God I was the only one on the elevator. Once the doors opened I walked through the lobby and opened my umbrella while Jedd, the door man opened the doors in front of me.

"Thanks, Jedd." I said smiling as I walked through the doors.

"It's my job, Ally." He said.

I laughed a little and lifted my umbrella over my head, "Have a nice day, Jedd."

"Will do." He smiled.

I walked down the street to the bus stop and waited nodding my head to the music. I had a good six or seven minutes before my bus arrived and I wasn't opposed to waiting, so I just looked around the busy, seven am city, when he appeared again.

He stood about a six feet away from me. He was about six feet tall, mud colored brown hair, which looked black because it was soaking wet at this point, deep emerald green eyes and light freckles. I see him here everyday, he stands in that same spot, six feet away from me and glances at me when he doesn't think I'm looking. I watched the rain bounce off of his shoulders out the the corner of my eye for a second before I shuffled over to him and held my umbrella over our heads. Hunched over in failed attempt to escaped the rain he straightened out and smiled at me causing me smile and hold the umbrella higher over our heads.

"Thanks." He said.

"No problem." I smiled.

We stood staring off around the city awkwardly for a moment before he spoke again.

"I'm Art." He said.

"Art." I said nodding,"I've seen a lot of you in museums. I'm Ally."

He smiled again, I noticed the dimple forming in his cheek and I blushed a little.

"So, where are you headed to on this crappy, rainy day." He asked.

"Personally I think it's a beautiful day." I said.

"You like the rain?" He asked sort of surprized

"Yeah, I think it's calming and just beautiful." I said.

He nodded as the bus arrived in front of us. we shuffled to the door when I noticed that more people had materialized around the bus stop. I let him step on before me and then closed my umbrella reaching into my jacket pocket for my bus card.

He sat in one of the middle seats as I swiped my card. The bus driver nodded at me and I walked through the bus. It wasn't crowded so I sat in the row across from him. I stared out of the window as my music played softly in my ears. He leaned over to across the aisle at me.

"You never told me where you were headed on this, fine day." He said.

I leaned over to him across the aisle, our faces less than a foot apart.

"I have classes today." I said smiling.

"Classes?" He asked, "Sounds fancy."

"Not really." I said.

"Then ditch." he said.

I bit my lip, and watched his eyes follow my bottom lip being dragged by my teeth,"I can't."

"It was worth a shot." He said.

"What was?" I asked.

"Almost getting to spend a day with you." He said.

The bus made a stop and a few more people shuffled along. I got up and sat next to him.

"And what makes you think that if I could take a day off of classes, I'd spend it with you." I said.

"I don't." He said.

He locked his eyes on mine for a second before trailing his eyes down to my lips. The bus slowed again to a stop. I looked around before noticing this was my stop. I didn't have any tests today but I still couldn't afford to miss any days.

"I have to go." I said,"This is my stop."

"Or you could stay." He said drawing in closer to me. I felt his hand cover mine and butterflies exploded inside of me.

The bus began moving as we stared into each others eyes, I had no idea what it was his good looks, enchanting aurora, or the fact that his eyes pierced into my heart, but for some reason I couldn't leave him.