Status: A new story

Under the Sparkling Stars

Chapter Three

I stopped playing Call Of Duty when my cellphone blared through the house.

rolling my eyes , I groaned and answered my mom's call.

"Why hello Matthew. I'm surprised you answered"

"I'm busy mom. Why'd you call?"

She sigh loudly , "We have a family getaway weekend in two weeks. I want you and lovely Lara to come"

i clenched my jaw and felt my eyes water but I stopped myself from telling my mom that there's no longer a Lara and I but then I remembered her speeches when I was still single.

I wasn't in the mood for her speeches about how I was ruining my life.

"Uh.. yeah... uh I'll ask her...mom"

"Good.. Stop being a stranger Matthew. What about you and Lara come to dinner tonight?"

I felt nauseous , how was I gonna get out of this?

"Uh , I d-don't know mom. I'll have to c-come back to y-you"

"Yes , sure. I have to go. Let me know Matthew"

I hung up and threw my phone at the wall

"Fuck!"

It's been two months since Lara and I broke up , and I was still being ignored by her. I was getting really angry at her and I have planned to go and talk to her tomorrow but I think I have to do it today.

Maybe she'll go to dinner with me to my folks.

I grabbed my keys with the knowing that I was about to do something foolish but I had to do it.

I had to go after her.