Status: A new story

Under the Sparkling Stars

Chapter Four

"Matt... what are you doing here?"

"We need to talk" I answered Lara and walked in the house.

"Yes Matt , come on in"

I glared at her sarcastic tone and sat down on the sofa. "I'm not here to fight Lari. I need to talk to you."

She sigh and with much softer eyes sat down in front of me , "what's up Matt?"

I sigh and sat forward with my elbows rested on my knees. "I miss you so much Lara. So , so much"

"Matt.."

"No. Hear me out. I miss you , and I love you. I'm so sorry for what I did."

"I know you are Matt. But it's hard-"

"I know. I know. I fucked up , but Lara if it was you who cheated , I would have forgiven you."

"No you wouldn't have"

"Yes I would have" I told her , "because it's you. You're my world Lara and you have been since the start. I made a mistake. A big fucking mistake but I regret it with my life."

Tears fell down her blue eyes , "God why do you always say the right things Matt?"

I smiled slightly

"I love you Matt. I really do. I already forgave you but I'm having trouble trusting you again so you need to give me time Matt."

I swallowed and nodded , "promise you won't give up on me?"

"I promise" She whispered and kissed my cheek.

"So I don't know if this is taboo , but my mom called me earlier and well there's a family gathering and she's adamant that we come."

Lara sigh , "I don't want your mom to know we broke up so... fine okay. We can go"

I grinned brightly , this went better than I thought it would.

"Thanks bab--I mean Lara." I corrected myself

She giggled , "nice safe"

Laughing I remembered dinner tonight

"You wanna come to dinner with my folks?" I murmured

"Matt"

"Please?"

"Fine" she said and smiled at me while shaking her head. I grinned and kissed her cheek hesitantly.

"I'll pick you up at 6."

I grinned as I walked out of her house.

How the hell did this go so easy?