Knocked Up

Chapter 17

“ARGH you are so fucking infuriating!” Kimmy screamed as she stormed into the house in front of him heading straight to the kitchen throwing her things down on the table as she headed to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. He stayed stood in the kitchen door way watching her silently he was pissed but he didn’t want to set her off any more than she already was.

It was late January tonight was their first game against the penguins of the season it was a home game but that wasn’t relevant to the argument. Kimmy had been living there a month now and in that time all they seemed to do was fight. They fought about everything from the day to day chores like shopping, how the bills where split, Kimmy paying rent right through to who was driving to Claude and Emilie’s birthday party - not least to mention the idea they get each of the twins a joint present which had managed to become an argument with sub text and multiple plot points. Majority of their arguments were stupid they were about nothing and would be resolved within a matter of hours and usually were followed by Wayne requesting that they ‘please just fuck… get it out of your systems, hell you might even enjoy it’. But then there was this one which had very quickly become the mother of all arguments.

They’d not broached the living together conversation since her first night but then today he found out she’d been looking at places on her own behind his back big enough for just her and Bean. “I am infuriating I am not the one going behind your back!”

“I am not going behind your back I am looking at houses for me and my baby that’s got nothing to do with you!”

“YOU AND YOUR BABY!” Jake roared beyond pissed, “Last time I checked that baby was mine as well you don’t get to just decide things about it without me.”

“Where my baby and I live is no concern of yours you’ll barely be around anyway what does it matter where we live?” He couldn’t believe she was going there she’d been so supportive of helping him find ways to be involved despite his hockey and yet here she was throwing it back in his face. It hurt like a fucking bitch as well to hear her say that.

“Do not go there Kimberly you know full well why I won’t be around and you know how much I wish that was different!”

“So what does it matter where I live?! You’ve admitted you won’t be around much so as long as we live close enough for you to visit when you are around what does it matter?”

“I asked you to consider moving in with me so I could be around when I am home to help out and to see OUR baby grow up!”

“And I considered it but there seemed little point. We’d just cramp your style you can’t exactly take a puck slut home to a house with a baby and its mother in can you.” Oh now she was just out of line he’d never given her a reason to believe that would happen ever in his whole fucking career all those years before her he hadn’t done anything with any of those fucking puck sluts.

“What the fuck! Are you joking me right now I have never… I would never.”

“You don’t know that at some point you’re going to get bored of playing daddy and you are going to want your life back that will be easier for you if we live elsewhere.”

“Now you are just been petty and ugly.”

“Thanks it’s great to know what you really think of me Jakub.”

“Oh don’t turn this around you know what I meant… you went behind my back and made a decision that effects OUR babies life.”

“I am just making it easier for you.”

“Forget it, just forget it. You can do whatever the fuck you want to do I am going to nap before tonight’s game.” He turned to walk away aiming to head upstairs and just put some space between them right now before things went too far. Before he said something he couldn’t take back.

“Don’t you dare walk away from me when we are talking Jakub Voracek.” He was at the bottom of the stairs as she started shouting at him again storming out of the kitchen following her into the hall
way.

“This isn’t talking Kimberly this is you accusing me of shit I don’t have to hear so I am going to leave you to calm the fuck down right now before you hurt yourself or bean and I am going to go for my pregame nap.”

This time though she didn’t shout after him as he reached the top of the stairs he heard the front door slam shut. As it did he ended up stood still all of the terrible results of her driving pissed off flashing through his mind. Until he was turning and running back down the stairs yanking the front door open to find it was too late her car was already gone. Running his hand through his hair he pulled his phone out his pocket and rang Claude.

“Quelle?!” Catching Claude as he tried to get to sleep or just woke up was always funny he would often forget what language to use his accent became heavy and whilst he was a totally arse to whoever woke him up just watching the usually composed G flustered and clumsy as hell was funny.

“Kimmy and I just had a massive fight can you text me when she gets to yours just so I know she is alive.”

“I just wanna sleep.” Yeah Claude could join the fucking club it was nap time and Jake’s body knew it but his mind didn’t give a fucking shit it just needed to know Kimmy was safe. He hated it, hated how much control she had over him. It hadn’t been long enough, he hadn’t known her long enough you didn’t fall this hard this fast that was the stuff of movies and fairy tales.

“G?”

“Fine I’ll text when she wakes me up. If I play like shit tonight it’s your fault.”

“I’ll accept that.” Partly because he knew Claude wouldn’t play like shit he was playing Crosby it was like G had a second reserve he built up for the season just for playing Crosby. Off Ice they might have a truce but on the ice they were free to play hockey and both of them liked taking full advantage of that.

“What did you even fight about?” Jake just hung up he didn’t want to talk about if Claude really wanted to know he could either ask Kimberly when she arrived or call Wayne who Jake was sure had heard the whole fight.

It shouldn’t have taken more than ten fifteen minutes for Kimmy to get to Claude’s so when Claude didn’t text Jake started to worry. Texting she was out of the question she’d either ignore him or if she was still driving kill her self-trying to look at the message or reply. She had hands free though he could call her.

The first two times he called one after the other she didn’t answer but the third time he finally got an answer, “You’re ruining my play list please piss off.”

“Where are you?”

“That’s not any of your concern.”

“Where are you?”

“I am nearly on campus I have work I need to get done in the labs.”

“Will you be at the game?”

“I promised Em I’d be there.”

“Will I see you after the game?”

“You should be napping you’ve got the penguins to beat.” She just hung up after that and he fell back his head landing on his pillows as he let out a long frustrated groan. He was ready to murder her now, stubborn bitch.

----

She wasn’t in the family room after the match he didn’t even have any idea if she’d actually come to the match, properly not. “Kimmy went home at the end of the game… great game Jake.” Despite the sinking feeling of disappointment that Kimmy had left after he’d had such a great game he couldn’t help but smile. Emilie Giroux was the female version of her brother three inches shorter and forty pound lighter with the same ginger hair and hazel eyes and the same smile minus the missing tooth.

“Thanks Ems.” He accept her hug “What does your fiancée think of this?” He asked gesturing to the bright orange flyer’s jersey she was wearing. She’d been with Sidney Crosby for nearly three years now, and over the summer she’d even agreed to become a Crosby. But she made damn well sure the world still knew she was a Giroux and she’d be a Flyer till the day Claude no longer wore orange.

“He loves me enough to deal.” She laughed as her brother came up behind her and wrapped his arms tightly around her placing a kiss on the top of her head.

“Shouldn’t you be comforting the cry baby?” Claude asked her resting his chin on her shoulder.

“I am not allowed to talk to him after loses to the Flyers apparently I get to… damn what’s the word he used… ah yeah gloatey.” That didn’t surprise him there had been multiple times over the past three years Ems love of the Flyers had nearly ended her relationship but fair play to her and Crosby they really seemed determined to work around it.

“Is that even a word?” Claude asked.

“Beside the point, anyway I am here not to talk to you…” The look on Claude’s face just made Jake burst out laughing he looked so offended as though his sister had just slapped him.

“Charming I love you too little sis.”

“23 minutes a little sister hardly makes… but go away I was talking to Jake and your face is making me sick.”

“You say that to your reflection.” Claude’s comment was pretty accurate if G shaved you could clearly see the similarities in there facial featuring face swaps over summer when Claude was shaved where funny you couldn’t usually tell if it had worked or not.

“Oh what’s that flying away… it’s the fuck a considered giving.”

“I think someone is looking for you.” Wayne’s girlfriend Crystal stated nodding towards the door way in which a very tired pissed off looking Crosby stood just the other side. The feeling of pride knowing he was part of the reason the great Sidney Crosby was rattled and the Penguins had lost was hugely satisfying.

“Are you coming home on the bus with us or?” Crosby didn’t move as Em approached him which meant all of them where privy to the conversation.

“I think I am going to stay for the weekend… don’t pout it’s not cute. I’ll be home before you know it.”

“It’s the first time you’ve been off and I’ve been home in weeks please baby.” As Jake listened to Crosby plead with his fiancée to come home he wondered if that would be what his life would be come. Would this be his life with Kimmy standing in the locker room begging her to spend time with him. Em was a doctor time off was rare for her and right now Kimmy might only be a Ph.D. student but at some point she’d finish and then what. He was going round in circles and he knew it the same thoughts plaguing his resolve making him wonder if she was right about separate lives just when he’d set his resolve to fight for her.

“Just 24hours here and I will come home I just Kimmy needs me right now I will make it up to you.” Kimmy needs her Jake was instantly looking up with concern on his face internally he started freaking out wondering what Kimmy had said to Em during the match.

“Promise.”

“I promise.”

“I love you.”

“Love you too, I’ll see you tomorrow night.”

“Please leave that disgusting thing at your brothers.”

“You love all my Flyers stuff around the house.” Unlike Claude Jake had never made it to Casa di Crosby but according to G it was covered in penguins stuff team photo’s various pucks from various games jersey’s from various players. So the idea of Emilie placing flyers stuff around made him smirk.

“Maybe whilst you’re gone I’ll have a clear out…Kiss.”

“Okay that’s enough touchy time! We are going to dinner now and you have to go back to Pittsburgh I promise you have the eternal pain in my ass back tomorrow.” Claude declared breaking them apart and pulling Em back in to their group.

“So what does Kimmy need you for?” Jake asked the second Crosby was gone and Emilie’s attention was actually on the group.

“Oh nothing I totally made that up I just really don’t want to deal with him sulking tonight. I love him but just not after Flyers matches it’s better for our relationship when we spend time apart after them… so food?” Wayne and Claude both nodded.

“I should go home and face the music.”

“Wait Jake I’ll walk out with you Claude I’ll meet you by your car.”

“I thought you said Kimmy didn’t need anything?”

“She doesn’t need me to do anything as in so much as she asked me to do anything. Kimmy’s a raw nerve right now Jake in one twenty minute period she went from been pissed as hell at you to crying that you’d never speak to her again to horny as hell for you. Her hormones are all over the place right now please keep that in mind.” Jake was pretty sure the part of the conversation he was picking up on wasn’t the part he was meant to be taking away from it but he couldn’t help it. He was a guy… a guy who hadn’t gotten any since August nearly five months ago.

“Jake seriously please can we think with the right head right now! I’ve talked Kimmy out of making any rash decision about moving in on her own she’d hate it anyway she’s never lived alone it wouldn’t suit her she needs housemates at the very least. But please don’t push the issue you guys have time Bean will be born in Europe and then you’ll be in Montreal so what if you don’t have a house ready in New Jersey before you leave New Jersey you have time.” It didn’t feel like he had time Bean was due in near as damn it exactly five months just after the world championships.

“Come here give me a hug before you run off back to Pittsburgh.”

“How about I come round in the morning before I leave?”

“Sounds good Kimmy would love it.”

“Okay I’ll text you in the morning. Remember be nice to Kimmy… maybe even follow Wayne’s advice might do you both some good. Though apparently been sexually frustrated is doing wonders for your hockey.”

“Bye Emilie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am terrible I am sorry