Knocked Up

Chapter 8

“Be careful please.” Jake sighed as he watched Kimmy pull her Dr Martens on, “You’re not so unknown you’re the new WAG and everyone wants to know more about you so just keep an eye out.”

“I know, it will be fine and I’ll have the girls with me and we’ll call if anything happens.” She stated jumping to her feet and reaching past him for her coat. “Can we borrow your car?”

“Don’t crash it” He told her pulling the key for his BMW from the bowl.

“I am a better driver than you it’s safer with me than you.” She scoffed and even though he knew it was true Jake couldn’t help rolling his eyes at her comment.

“You also hate my car.” He reminded her; she hated all of his cars…

---
“So other than the German piece of shit what other cars can you pick me up from the airport in?” Kimmy asked as he climbed into bed, he was excited for Kims weeks long visit after she’d gone home to graduate.

“A German piece of shit, you said the German’s where great engineers.”

“They are great engineers that doesn’t meant they can create great cars BMW’s are not great cars, they are cars for stuck up arseholes that think its fine to sit in the middle lane of the motorway doing sixty five miles per hour holding everyone up and they are over complicated they drive themselves ruining the driver experience and don’t even get me started on turning those driver systems off.” Sounded more like she had something against the British BMW drivers than the actual car but he figured it was something he should just let slide – he wasn’t overly attached to the Beemer.

“I had a Ferrari back home.”

“Stop… just stop talking!” Okay, so apparently a Ferrari was no better than a BMW by sound of it worse, “a Ferrari is no long a car it’s a fucking porn symbol and half the cars that carry the badge these days are a disgrace to old man Ferrari who built beautifully engineered master pieces now Ferrari is nothing more than a rich man compensation for his small dick.”

“Kim we both know my car doesn’t need to compensate for anything.” He heard her laugh and he couldn’t help the smile that grew because of it.

“I saw the pictures of your car after that crash.” So she’d known he’d owned a Ferrari.

“And…”

“When I get my dream car you aren’t driving it ever!” He laughed, really he knew he should have known he’d not get any sympathy from Kimmy she wasn’t the type of person to be all I am sorry about your car I am glad you’re okay she was the type of person that because he wasn’t seriously hurt would have called him an idiot and then joked about it for the next few months like most of the guys on the team.

“What is your dream car?” He asked as he logged on to his laptop, he wanted to see what her dream car was because chances where he’d never have heard of it.

“1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS, white and red… or if we are going full out dream McLaren F1 now that is a stunning piece of BRITISH engineering but there was only 106 produced so it is the definition of a dream car.” He had heard of both of them and straight away he understood the McLaren F1 it was every car lover’s dream car.

“Why the Porsche?"

“It’s the first car I feel in love with it is the car that started all of this for me. I saw one at a car show my Granddad had taken me too it was so simple and elegant that sweeping bonnet into the iconic design it’s never been a shouty car it doesn’t scream porn its elegant but so much fun to drive.” He could understand the love of the inspiration, he wasn’t inspired by a car more a hockey match but that match. Those two teams would always hold a special place in his heart so for Kimmy it made sense that there would be a car one car that would she could tie her passion to.

“And what car would you suggest for me?”

“A Nissan GTR, you like speed been on the edge and driving its all of those things and it’s great to look it truly is a beautiful car but it doesn’t shout about it. It’s the car for people who have nothing to prove that just want to drive.” Jake typed in Nissan GTR to the google search bar and clicked straight to images to see what the car she felt he would suit looked like.

“Where are you putting the baby seat in the GTR?” He laughed looking at the pictures of the Nissan GTR it looked like a great car a good replacement for his Ferrari by the sounds of it, though he still deep down wanted another Ferrari… it was a Ferrari.

“An Audi or a Merc if you want to stay German, Lexus are making some beautiful cars at the moment the IS 300h makes you look like you care about the environment whilst providing a fun driving experience in a very sexy car.”

“A Lexus IS 300h.” Jake sighed searching for the Lexus IS 300h, she was right it was a beautiful car very impressive – maybe he could take one for a test drive see what he thought.
----
“I promise I will not crash your car.” She told him taking the key from his hand before leaning backwards to yell down the hallway towards the kitchen, “Oi bitch let’s move.”

“Right so I guess I’ll see you later.” He sighed leaning back against the little table that held the key bowl.

“Yeah laters.” Her voice held no emotion as she flounced out of the front door without so much as a hug or a backwards glance, hell he even got a hug and a kiss on the cheek from Lianna as she stepped past him and left the house. Wandering back through to the living room he flopped down on the sofa between Claude and Wayne and stole a handful of Claude’s popcorn.

“Get your own fucker.” Claude grumbled.

“It is mine.” Jake pointed out Claude had taken his corns from his cupboard used his popcorn maker added his sweet and salty mix that he shouldn’t really have but did to make the bowl of popcorn by definition it was his bowl of popcorn.

“What the fuck has got your panties in a twist today you’ve been a moody git since we got to practice.”

“He’s been a moody git since he started stomping around the kitchen at half seven this morning.” Wayne added and Jake just flipped him off stealing another handful of the popcorn. “Oh no sorry he’s been a moody fucker since he sulked up to his room at eleven last night and then stomped around in there for a bit.”

“Did something happen between you and Kimmy?” Claude asked the Captain suddenly losing interest in the re run of the blue jackets game they’d been watching.

“No!” Jake snapped opening his bottle of water and giving the game on his TV his full attention but it seemed Claude wasn’t letting that the end of it.

“Wayne can you leave us for a minute please?”

“Wayne you can stay where you are Claude and I have nothing to talk about.” Jake told his housemate.

“Wayne please go make more popcorn.” Wayne stood up at Claude’s words heading for the door.

“Wayne, Claude used the end of the packet to make this bowl you can stay.”

“I am fucking done… when you two have worked out what you’re doing I’ll be in the kitchen!” Wayne sighed throwing his hands in the air and leaving the room giving Claude what he wanted.

“What happened?”

“Nothing happened Claude!”

“Right and that’s why at eleven last night you were sulking and stomping and then today you and since then you and Kimmy have gone from not been able to keep your hands off each other constantly flirting to barely even looking at each other.”

“We agreed things need to cool off between us.”

“What happened Jake, because yesterday I saw a Kimmy I haven’t seen in a long time? I saw her laughing and joking and smiling and see hasn’t done that since the accident stole everything she loves about life from her and today she’s all business again. I love her Jake; she’d my best friend I just want her to be happy.” Jake could see how much it meant to Claude on his face, that protecting Kimmy was important to him. He didn’t know what Kimmy had been like before the accident, but Claude did he also didn’t know what she was like before she met him but Claude seemed to think he was helping her be the person she used to be before some drunk idiot nearly killed her.

“We were just laughing and joking around and I couldn’t help it I kissed her and she freaked out… I asked would it really be that bad if we gave it a go and she made it pretty clear she thought so.”

“Do not back off!” The seriousness in Claude’s voice shocked him, he knew Captain Claude who often went hand in hand with pissed off serious Claude but this was an entirely different level of serious Claude.

“What you told me if I pissed her off or hurt her then you’d kill me now you’re actively encouraging me to piss her off?”

“Sort off; she needs to know you aren’t going to leave her. Kim pushing someone away is kind of her way of trying to make sure they stay in her life, her Dad really screwed things up for her man. If she is pushing you away then she properly does really like you but you can’t go anywhere. Don’t push her though because then she will freak out and run a million miles away you’ve just got to keep treating her like you have and she’ll come back to you soon.” He’d never met Isaac Krantzberg and he already really hated the guy, the bastard who was only a father when it suited him when he thought he’d get something out of it.

“Maybe she was right, maybe it’s not worth the risk what if we don’t work out and we end up hating each other and that baby just ends up been passed between us all its life at least we are friends right now.” He’ been thinking about what Kimmy had said and she was right it was a stupid risk to take when they’d known each other such a little amount of time, they were having a baby together they couldn’t afford things between them to go bad it wasn’t just there lives.

“Is it worth it? Is Kimberly Krantzberg worth it? You really are going to ask me that because I will rip you a new one… Voracek!”