Knocked Up

Chapter 9

Jake didn’t like it but he wasn’t about to say anything about it as he watched Kimmy work out with Claude they been boxing for the past forty minutes and Jake knew it was fine that what she was doing wasn’t about to hurt bean but that didn’t stop him freaking out a bit inside every time she ducked harshly as Claude took a swipe at her head. He had to admit though she was good she had Claude on his toes trying to keep her moving they’d been switching who held the pads and who was wearing the gloves and so far it was obvious that if they’d really been sparring Claude would have been a KO. “Okay… Okay I am tapping out Voracek you’re in!” Claude stated holding up one of the pads before pulling them off.

“No way.” Jake laughed.

“Aw is Jakub scared of the idy bity girl.” Since her shopping trip Kim had gotten a lot better with him in public but he was still shut out the minute they were alone getting more than a one word answer from her was like drawing blood from a stone but he wouldn’t give up. Even if he wasn’t sure if she wasn’t right about a relationship not been worth it, he knew he didn’t like how things where now he missed the flirty fun they had it had been harmless and he’d enjoyed it.

“Yeah you are a former international canoe Polo athlete I am Czech remember I know what that means unlike these idiots.” He might not have lived close enough to a river to ever end up been a canoeist but he had friends who had he knew their training regime was just as harsh as his expect where he focused on lower body they focused on upper body strength, he also knew Kimmy may have ‘retired’ for four months ago but she would still have above average upper body strength and she hadn’t given up the gym elements of her training… so he wasn’t doubting those arms would have some serious strength behind them.

“One round please I am nearly done.” She was pouting at him she was actually pouting at him. Sighing he got up throwing his towel on the treadmill he’d been running on and then sitting on the end of he took the pads off Claude and held them up for her. He knew from watching her with Claude this was as much exercise for her mind as her body he wouldn’t say what he was going to do next she just had to follow the pads with crosses, hooks, upper cuts, kicks and knees.

They went for a solid five minutes and unlike Claude he’d actually managed to catch her out a few times Claude instantly blaming it on the fact he’d worn her out, until she’d eventually held her gloves up and told him no more. He’d put the pads away whilst she’d jumped on a treadmill to warm down before he walked over and stood on the treadmill next to her, Claude had left the minute she’d put her gloves up which meant they were now the only people in the gym and her smile was gone and he was getting the cold shoulder.

“Can we please just move past this?” He asked leaning against the rails to look at her, she’d taken off the floaty tank she’d been wearing as she’d got on the treadmill which had just left her in her sports bra and leggings and now watching her run he could see the way all her ab muscles contracted and relaxed so perfectly defined and yet at the same time not allowing her to have the soft curves he enjoyed so much. The doctor had explained at her last appointment how because her ab muscles where so defined and strong when she did start to show it would be painful for her at first as they were stretched.

“Can you stop checking me out?” The harshness in her voice did make his stop and look back up at her face, though she wasn’t looking at him instead she was staring ahead fixed on the wall as she ran.

“I won’t apologize for thinking you are beautiful Kimberly… but I get it okay and maybe you were right maybe us been together isn’t the best idea right now but you are letting it get in the way of us been friends.”

“Are you ever going to tell your parents?”

“What?!” He thought that she understood why he hadn’t told his parents why he was waiting but she sounded so pissed off about it.

“I am fifteen weeks pregnant Jakub and you still haven’t told anyone in your family!” She slammed her hand on the rails and jumped up pushing her legs out so when she dropped down she stood on the edges with the treadmill still rushing under her.

“It’s not like I can just pop home and tell them like you Kim and ‘oh by the way I got this girl I met in Ottawa pregnant and we decided to keep the baby’ isn’t really something I want to say over the phone!” Did she really not understand how distressing a phone call or skype conversation that would be it needed to happen face to face he needed to be able to comfort his mom when he told her not sit silently at the on the other side of the world.

“So what you’re just not going to tell them until they come here to visit you, do you have any idea what it feels like to be someone dirty little secret because that’s how you are treating me right now like a dirty little secret you don’t want your family to know about.”

“I’ve told all my team mates, my coach, and my friends in Philly everyone here knows Kim you’re not a dirty little secret. Yes I am scared of my parents reactions and yes I am ashamed but not of you or bean of me because this is my fault I got you pregnant okay and I know my Dad is going to be disappointed and worried and my mum is going to sigh at me with that mom sigh she does so well and then she’ll get all sad and I know they are going to attack you and I don’t want that okay. I don’t want them to attack you or blame you or be angry and you because you have been nothing but amazing and understanding and if I had to fuck up like this then I am incredibly glad it is with you because you are going to be an amazing mother because are an amazing woman, a beautiful talented amazing young woman.” Kimmy had stopped the treadmill now she was just standing on the paused treadmill staring at him with tears streaming down her face, not a minute ago she’ been furious with him and now she was in floods of tears – he honestly couldn’t keep up with her.
“Look I know you think us trying to be in a relationship is a stupid idea and part of me understands that if things did go wrong it would be bad because we are having bean. But at the same time that can’t stop me looking at you and thinking how hot you are or how much I like you, I won’t try anything until you are ready but Claude asked me yesterday if I thought you were worth the risk and the answer is yes Kimmy. I think you, I think we are worth the risk but I know you don’t right now so I’ll back off I’ll be your friend if that’s all you want me to be… and I promise I will tell my parents next time they call if that is what you want?”

As he’d spoken he’d stepped off his treadmill to stand at the end of hers and as he finished talking he just remained standing there looking straight at her on the treadmill waiting for her to do something to say something, hell as the silence grew he was getting to the point he’d even take her slapping him or yelling at him. What he hadn’t expected was what happened, Kimmy literally launching herself at him her fingers fisting into his hair and she smashed her body into his chest before claiming his lips. She kissed him with so much force and passion he about lost his balance and they ended up lying on the treadmill him hovering over her still joined at the mouth.

He let out a deep groan as she rocked her hips up into his growing erection but it was enough to remind him where he was and what they were doing. Tearing his lips from her he let his head drop to her shoulder, “Jesus Kim what the fuck are we doing?” He asked as she continued to feel him up, kissing and nibbling his throat.

“Please Kuba I really need you.” She breathed rocking her hips into his again.

“Kimmy where in the Flyers Gym.” Quite literally at any moment any of the players or staff could walk through those doors, hell he was pretty sure Claude was still in the building somewhere and he was the last person Jake wanted walking in on them.

“Urgh.” She sighed dropping her head back and away from his neck, the loss of contact suck he was now really really horny and he had a feeling he wouldn’t be getting any later as he knelt backwards removing his body from Kimmy’s.

“We should go and shower and get changed.” He just about managed to get out as he struggled to climb to lean back to his knees whilst willing his erection down because he had to go back to the locker room and chances where Read and Giroux would still be in there and he had no way of hiding his hard on in his basket ball shorts.

Kimmy nodded and stood up right in front of him and he found himself reaching out and holding her hips keeping her in-front of him as he was kneeling it put him right in line with her still flat stomach, “I can’t wait till you start to show.” He smiled running his thumbs over her lightly tanned skin.

“You don’t have to tell your family next time they call but I will start showing soon and when I do people will start to notice. They need to hear it from you even if it is by a phone call rather than through rumours on the internet.” He leant his head into her hand as she threaded her fingers through his hair she’d always told him she loved his hair how soft and fluffy it was.

“I don’t want them to hate you.” He admitted that was his greatest fear that his parents would hate her and not give her a chance, they’d think she was some puck slut and she wasn’t like that. He didn’t want his parents to judge her because she’d gotten her pregnant.

“They will for a while and that’s okay my mum hates you but she will get over it just like they will.”

“Why don’t you invite them over talk to them about this in person the girls in the PR department want to break this as soon as I start to show they want us to do a nice photo and put it on twitter as soon as I start to show so it looks like we aren’t trying to hide it I properly won’t start showing till around the Christmas break and I am going up to Quebec for Chanukah so you have time, invite them over here just please don’t do it over Christmas I’ve watched enough drama’s to know that’s not going to end well.” She smiled at him with a slight laugh to his voice and he couldn’t help but laugh too.

“Not over Christmas then.” Returning her smile, “Go get showered and changed I’ll meet you downstairs in half an hour.” He knocked right back on to his heels letting Kimmy go before jumping to his feet and heading in the direction of the locker room there conversation sobering enough he didn’t need to worry about the any of the guys that might have been in there.

A good thing it appeared as Mason, Wayne, Del Zotto and Mark Streit had all just got off the ice and where in there a long with Claude and Matt Read who were just about finished changing. “So G how drunk was Kimmy to have ended up in bed with this clown cause there is no way he pulled a stunner like her?” Matt asked as the rest of the guys began stripping off there kit and Jake started to ditch his sneakers.

“Fuck you, Read!” Jake sighed reaching backwards for his towel.

“But seriously Kimmy is really hot how did you manage that?” Mason was next, he had known this was coming from the minute he’d introduced her to them this morning, the how did you manage to get such a hot girl jokes and ribbing.

“She is clearly too good for you.” Even Streit was joining in now.

“I blame it on camp sickness she’s spent seven weeks not getting any and she has a thing for guys from Eastern Europe.” G stated and Jake just shuck his head before walking off into the showers wondering how long the guys would make this last.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who comments they really inspire me to keep working on this so thank you guys.

I also can't believe 50 Subscribers all of you guys are amazing for giving this story a chance thank you!

Danni