Status: Another pop-in-the-mind last minute drabble / one shot.

Know the Words to My Lullaby

Wait for me , I'll be there soon *

When losing a loved one , you never quite get over it. You slowly learn to live with it but you'll always keep them close to your heart.

Losing Karla was the worst thing that has ever happened to me , she was the most gorgeous girl that I've ever seen in my life and she was all mine.

Her heart was filled with love and care for others. She never put herself first , she always made sure that others were happy.

I remember how our paths crossed , I was being forced by the guys to order pizza for the studio when I ran into her.

That was eight years ago. I instantly liked her and after two weeks I've convinced her to give me her number.

We started dating six months later , and even after all our fights we stayed together and in love.

Our friends thought of us as the great couple , the couple they can look up to.

My family , and my fans adored Karla. I was ready to ask her to marry me when I got the news that she was in an accident.

It was a week before our 8th year anniversary , and a week before I wanted to ask her to marry me.

It was a stormy night , she was at work until late and I begged her to stay at work until it cleared out but she was already on her way.

The doctor told me that if it wasn't for the truck that swerved her out of the road after the accident that she would have survived.

The funeral was two days ago , and it was the only time since her death that I've left the house.

My friends and family are all worried sick of me , they want me to leave the house and start living again but I dout I can live without her.

"Hey Brian , it's Zack. Uh listen man we're all going to the beach to uhm... you know ... get our minds off Karls a little. You wanna come? You know she loved the beach man.."

That's true - she did love the beach. Our dates always ended on the beach taking a stroll , or just sitting there talking , or kissing.

I decided to call Zack back , maybe it was time to let go. Karla would have wanted me to move on , to smile again. to be happy again.

"Hey Brian!" Zacky said , his voice shocked and stunned

"When are you going to the ... uh beach?"

"Now. Now! You wanna come?"

"Yeah. Karla...she would have wanted me to"

"Okay , I'll come and get you in 5"

I nodded and hung up the phone. My eyes caught a photograph of her smiling goofy at me.

With tears in my eyes I smiled. She was so beautiful , so gorgeous and so lovable.

I can't believe she's gone , and there's no way I'd ever get her back.

But she'll always be in my heart , and she'll always be the only girl for me.

"I wish I could have saved you Karla , but don't you worry. One day we'll be together again"

With the ring in my pocket , I smiled and kissed her photograph.

The loss of a loved one is the hardest thing anyone has to go through

but with the knowing that Karla is up in heaven waiting for me , makes living on earth a little better.