Status: Hello everyone! I haven't written anything in forever, but this idea popped in my head. I hope you like it, and if you do, bear with me please. :)

The Reunion

Prologue

As much as I loved my best friend, there were times that I wished I could strangle her. Gently.

The drive to Berwang, Austria from the airport was long. Thin layers of ice coated the roads, snow flanking it from both sides. But out driver was a native. I trusted that he was used to this sort of thing. Driving in impossibly terrifying conditions like this. We're lucky the blizzard died down when it did, or we would've been stuck at the airport for God knows how long.

I just want to get this over with.

Beside me, sat Charlotte. Everyone calls her Charlie. She was bobbing her head to the music on her iPod, a single earbud tucked inside her earlobe while the other dangled down her petite frame. Her red locks bounced off of her shoulders giddily with each nod.

She's the one to blame for all of this really. Or, well, for the fact that I'm here in the first place. What's wrong with spending Christmas break at home, with your family? Well, for most people, not a huge problem, I imagine. But I suppose, thinking about it, Charlie had a point when it came to my family. They wouldn't even be home during Christmas, so there was little point in trekking back to my folks' house.

I stared out the window. The slope of the road seemed to be getting steeper and steeper, as we weaved a path around the mountain, driving up to Berwang. As in, Austria. Berwang, Austria. It was a relatively small village, located up in the mountains. Great for skiing and snowboarding this time of year.

"We are almost there, ladies." Max, the driver, called from behind the steering wheel. His lips had stretched back to reveal a set of yellow-stained teeth, which I shot I glance at from the backseat, looking in the rearview mirror.

"Thank god." Charlie piped up, yanking the earbud from her ear. "I'm starving."

Quirking an eyebrow, I gave her a look.

"Oh, come on, Aggie!" Charlie swatted a hand at my arm. "Lighten up. It's not going to be that bad."

But it was. At least, I had a feeling it was.

"You guys broke up AGES ago. He's over it, you're over it. Let's not spoil the winter festivities over old ground, shall we? Just think how exciting it'll be to see Jonah again! And hey, Liam will be there too. You haven't seen him in forever. We're getting the group back together! New year, new beginnings!"

I slumped back in my seat, glancing at Charlie sideways. Maybe she was right. It was over four years ago. I'd dated some guys since and he'd dated some girls since then. But then again, he'd also totally skyrocketed with his acting career and become one of the biggest male heartthrobs since those Twilight guys.

Yeah. This Christmas break I would be spending the holidays with my now, big superstar ex-boyfriend who was also bringing his latest conquest along.

Great. Just great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a teaser. Hope you enjoy x