Status: Getting into writing again and working on my NaNoWriMo entry

Little Star

Poisoned

Emerald eyes shot open in shock as an overwhelming wave of pain coursed through the young woman’s body. Full rosy lips parted in an agonizing gasp as she turned on her side, curling her small frame into the fetal position to try and lessen the wave after wave of pain that made the muscles in her back spasm violently. “Sookie…” she whispered through clenched teeth, struggling to push herself up onto her feet. She hadn’t seen her charge in a little over three years but she always kept the mental link between them open. She remembered the brief pain she had felt a few months back but it had subsided quickly enough that she hadn’t felt the need to check up on the younger female. This, this was a different level of pain; the woman could practically feel it dripping through her veins, searing her entire body. Bright green eyes widened exponentially at the realization; poison! Someone had poisoned her charge!

The anger that filled her pushed through the pain long enough for her to be able to shut down the mental link in order to get her thoughts and actions in order. Straightening up with a small relieved sigh, the young woman quickly gathered up the bag that had been lying next to her on the roof and she moved over to the ledge of the five-story building. Looking down at all of the little people milling about, she quickly estimated her fall rate and landing before leaping off the roof. She landed gracefully and unharmed in a dark, uninhabited alleyway. With inhuman speed she weaved through the twisting and turning streets until she made it to the forest at the edge of the city she currently occupied. She closed her eyes, carefully re-opening the link between her and Sookie. She was better prepared for the pain that slammed into her like a freight train this time but it didn’t stop the low groan from escaping her as she tried to focus pass the pain and find her charge’s location. Her eyes opened and glowed brightly in the dim light of the moon as she locked her senses onto the brightly pulsing soul of her charge…and then she was gone. The night air whistled softly through the trees, leaves dancing across the ground where the young woman had been standing just seconds before.
♠ ♠ ♠
So chapter one is short, I know, but its only a little taste of what will be in the next chapters when the mysterious woman finds Sookie and meets the local vampires! I will be trying to get at least one chapter up a day since I am also working on my NaNoWriMo entry at the same time as this. Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon :D