Status: Another short story for NaNoWriMo. Also, wildly unedited.

Bookwarm

V-Day

Valentine's day is quickly approaching and just thinking about it sets Castiel's stomach aflutter...or maybe, just thinking about Valentine's day and Dean is what really gets those butterflies going. Either way, once February blows in, there's not much else he can think about.

He finds himself falling more and more enamored with this Dean and more and more disillusioned at the fact that (a) aside from book selection, he doesn't know much about this boy at all, and (b) this train just isn't moving fast enough.

It seems, he's not the only one who feels that way.

On the eve of Valentine's day, (Friday the thirteenth, of all days), Castiel finds himself on the end of a strange surprise. The young girl who sits next to him each day, hands him a manila envelope, thick with pages.

Castiel eyes her quizzically, eyebrows raised, "Um..." poised on his lips.

She quickly shakes her head, cheeks flushed. "Not now," she whispers, eyes wide and panicked, as his fingers fiddle with the envelops clasp. "Oh my god, please no," she continues, frantically shaking her head.

Castiel regards her with suspicion, and she returns his squinted look with a shy, embarrassed smile. "Just wait 'till later, okay?" she asks. "At least until I get off the train, okay?"

Slowly, Castiel agrees. Before he can say anything, she pulls her hood over her head to cover her reddening face and looks fervently at her fingers until she exits.

Castiel doesn't get a chance to check out the envelope until lunchtime. In the quiet of his cubicle, he pulls out the thick stack of papers (neatly held together by a plastic ring looped through the top-left corner). He turns it over in his hand, flips through the edges with his thumb, before placing it on the table next to his lunch.

On the front page, written in simple and serious type-font, it reads:

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is so stupid. God bless, if you're still reading.