Status: New! Check it =D

Beauty Beyond Destruction

A City of Evil

The sky is an inky-black canvas, pin-pricked with shimmering, jewel-like stars that fight for dominance over the fluorescent lights tainting the open atmosphere. Shadows dance around every corner, the moons light struggling to ignite the blood-stained streets as thick clouds begin to conceal it's coruscating glow. Some would say that this is any ol' town, but to the uncovered eye, the truth is a far cry from innocence.

Dressed in jewels, gold, fine linen and pearls, a seedy wealth has this city teetering on the edge of corruption and high maintenance. Under the cover of darkness, a menacing hierarchy makes itself known, marching to the beat of it's own drum and leaving the day-light for those who agree to abide by the common laws.

In a place as unpleasant as it seems, there is a man of equal or higher wickedness who hides behind a well-programmed facade. To the outside world, he's a respected and gentle pediatrician, but behind closed doors, a sinister being emerges.

And he's about to meet the madness.

"Rev, like a spider," the puppeteer orders, watching through the darkness as her trusted ally crawls across the asphalt, his ghostly flesh the only thing giving away his position. "Syn, like a mouse." Another man breaks through the hedge, making his way across the road despite his lack of footwear.

The Rev uses his elongated limbs to pull his lanky body to the second story, Syn creeping around the side of the house. "Vengeance, keep the van running. I'll signal you when the job's done."

Needing no confirmation, Shadows is signaled, taking his AK-47 and charging across the road, his steady, even heart-beat tapping against his chest. The front door cracks open, The Rev disappearing through the upstairs bathroom window when Shadows takes his position.

The main entrance leaves little to the imagination. Flaking paint, creaky floors, hardly a couch in the place, their host clearly indulging his money elsewhere.

"Clear!" Syn confirms in a whisper, his blackened figure stepping through to the kitchen, his gun aimed high and at the ready.

"Check the basement," Shadows orders, lowering his gun slightly as his left foot taps the bottom step. "I'll-"

A single shot bounds through the house, The Rev's voice following. "Toxic!"

Syn and Shadows discard their previous responsibilities, their feet light as they race to their companions aide. Up the shaky flight of stairs, Syn dives into the bathroom, a single bullet grazing over his thigh in the targets panicked spray. Shadows waits by the head of the stairs, his stomach flat against the steps.

"Give it up, Uldrin!" He roars, his head peaking just around the corner.

"What the fuck's going on!?" Vengeance hisses into the earpiece, fear rising in his throat.

"Drop the weapon and let our man go. You have hot chance of getting out of here alive!"

A menacing cackle bounces off the walls, another spray of bullets tearing apart the walls. Syn can't help smirking. This guy has literally no idea.

Shadows jumps out, shooting aimlessly down the hallway, hitting every surface in his path. Syn follows behind, chuckling childishly behind his friends back. This is the Shadows he loves. The master, the brute force, the lunatic fringe. Throwing each other into the nearest room, they take position, viewing the targets location with Syn's trusted blade, Jackson.

The Rev looks perfectly fine, despite a bullet having gone through his foot. His eyes remained fixed, focused, as always, on the target. "Give it five more seconds." Shadows winks, Syn's grin spreading.

Shattering glass sends Shadows through the door, The Rev already around Uldrin's ankles and Vengeance- having gone through the window -kicking his upper-half to the ground. Shadows stomps his foot on the targets face, holding him down with little effort. Syn ties Uldrin's hands behind his back, the heel of Shadows' boot forcing him to sleep.

Syn flips on the lights, his hands suddenly gloved as he begins to raid through every nook and cranny with an equally eagar and protected Jimmy. This is their true passion. Stealing may seem petty, but done right it can really be beneficial. And these two know where to look.

Image


The bile rises with her fear as a single shot sounds, adrenaline pumping through her veins and giving her the urge to fight against steel and stone to break free. The gag in her mouth muffles her painful cries, the tears streaming down her pale cheeks and pooling at her chest. Bullets explode from upstairs, the sound echoing through her mind as she pulls until she hears a snap.

She screams, kicking her legs as pain surges through her left arm. The chains refuse to budge and now she's too injured to defend herself. Thundering footsteps rattle the floorboards, another spray of bullets going off until glass shatters. That's when everything stops.

Looking up to the ceiling, the pain subsiding, Riley swallows and blinks through her tears. She watches the roof, watches the dust fall to the gungy basement floor as the commotion moves downstairs. Praying to anyone listening, Riley prepares her mind for the worst.

Muffled laughter sends her body back against the wall, the fear returning. She holds herself against the wall, trying to make herself as invisible as possible when light floods the basement, the door banging carelessly against the stone wall. With her body convulsing, Riley turns into a hysterical mess.

The vibrancy from a flashlight skims over her, jerking back and resting over her terrified form. The light disappears and Riley swallows, tears cascading down her face as she forces her eyes closed, preparing for the impact of a bullet. "Shadows! Black!" The man calls, his voice full of concern, though Riley couldn't tell.

There are no words when the two silhouettes return. They bend down, hesitating in their steps to get closer to her. Panic washes through Riley, she kicking her legs out and hitting one or both of them. One man groans, falling back and bringing his hand over his face. "Fuck!" He growls, a soft chuckle bringing Riley's fear to an entire new height. "Good shot."
♠ ♠ ♠
NEW STORY! YAY! *dances*

Okay, so I'm aware the ending is a little rushed and crappy, but I needed to finish this chapter and I
was sick of not getting anywhere. I'll probably re-write it but for now, it'll do.