Status: It's pretty weird but I hope you like it anyway:)

The Girl Who Sleeps With a Knife

No One's Gonna Take My Soul Away

Maybe Joan didn't have a plan, perhaps she told Rocko a lie for her own peace of mind. That was neither here nor there with her, she just knew that some way, some how Steven was gonna get his and she was gonna be the one to give it to him. She thought about this as Rocko drove her to her apartment, where she would ready herself for her shift.
"You'll be okay, won't you?" He asked.
"Of course, and Rock, don't go lookin for trouble okay. Steven's my problem," she told Rocko,"This ain't your fight."
She kissed him before she left up the stairs of the stoop; as he drove off, Joan didn't look back. She dressed with the attitude of leaving for war, her last piece of clothing being her brother's dog tag; Joan wasn't in the business of murder, not even physical torture, she wanted to scare him out of his wits, her goal was to have him spend every waking moment in fear. As she made her way to her pub, she remembered that it was her pay day, which made it all the more satisfying. She was a force to be reckoned with, strutting to the rhythm of the city. Anyone who saw Joan would know what she was planning to do, it would have been great if she knew.
Once she opened the doors to the pub, she had realized she made it to work early. She wanted to take the edge off of herself for the sake of the customers so she poured herself a shot of whisky. Slowly but surely, customers began filling the place by three thirty; most customers were stock brokers who needed a drink or two.
One of them decided to talk to her, he had clean cut, jet black hair, a sharp suit and piercing blue eyes.
"Hello, Miss,"he said to her, sitting in Rocko's usual seat,"You look too beautiful to be workin here." he spoke with a deep Boston accent that would put Benjamin Franklin to shame.
"No kiddin'?" she replied,"Say, what's with all the suits? I thought you had to be sober to work in Wall Street."
"How'd you know these guys are from Wall Street?"
She gestured to all the men,"All these suits look like they cost more than my rent, and the tips you guys give...jeez the only other people I would've thought to tip like you guys are the Corleone Family, but ya'll are too white."
"Well," he looked at her name tag,"Ms. Rockett, as you can imagine Wall Street is one of the most stress inducing jobs to have because you literally have the bank in your hands. One false move, all Hell breaks lose, this," he pointed to the the glass of gin mixed with orange juice,"is the only reason I do my job and don't look 73." She nodded as he took a gulp of his drink and made a face,"I hate gin." he coughed.
"Well, Mr. Stocks 'n Bonds, you know my name I think it's only fair I know yours."
"Almond, Benjamin Almond, no relation to almonds," she chuckled a bit,"You won't believe how much shit I used to get. "Oh hey Ben, was your dad an almond or something." or like they'd eat some almonds and say,"Oh sorry Benny, am I eating your aunt?""
Joan shrugged,"Sorry man, kids are ruthless."
He laughed a bit,"I was in college; little children who don't know any better and rich white boys, what's the difference, right?"
"Aren't you a rich white boy?" Joan asked.
"That's how I know there's no difference." and Benjamin Almond chugged the rest," Say, when you're shift is over, how about I buy you a drink instead of you serving me one?"
Joan smiled and shook her head,"That's sounds good, Mr. Almond, but I'm taken."
"Aww man," he pouted,"Well, whenever you are of avail, gemme a call would'ja?"
He placed a piece of paper under the glass and slid it towards her, as he made for the door he dropped a fifty dollar bill in the tip jar.
"Sorry, Mr. Almond,"Joan mumbled,"you can't have this one." she threw the number away.

After Joan's encounter with Mr. Almond, every other suit in the pub gave a generous tips. She thought about how much she loved the suits. The rest of the day moved by like a child dragged to the grocery store. Joan opened the windows to let the five o clock sunset beam through; the orange and pink sky dancing on the table. Rocko stepped in and sat in his usual seat.
"What'll it be sir?" she asked.
"Nothing, thank you," he smiled.
"A fella came in here and sat in your seat," she said,"Invited me for drinks too."
"Wow," he said,"What, did he give you his number too?"
"Number two? Rock, why would he give me his shit?"
He laughed,"No no, "number too" as in "did he give you his number as well?"."
"Oh...yeah he did, I threw it away though." He looked worried for a second, "C'mon, Santino, what'd'cha expect? Your girlfriend's a catch. You should be glad."
He chuckled,"Why's that?"
"Because, while guy are here wishing they could touch me, you actually can. It's incredible how men believe that just because a another man flirts with their chick, then the chick will just run odf with the other man. I'm insulted that you think we're that simple; I'm with you for a reason, you know that right?"
"Yeah, I'm sorry for being jealous."
She sighed and walked around the counter towards him,"It happens to the best of us, 'cause if a chic was flirting with you, I'd most definately lose my cool." She was about to kiss when, as if on cue, the door creaked open. Both Joan and Rocko went silent, Joan was waiting for him while Rocko felt a rumble of anger spark inside him; Steven, he just wanted to drag out the silence he'd made.
"Steven, come out, what are you even waiting for?" she spoke, her voice like a blinding candle in the dark.
"Ugh, Joan, have you not heard of building anticipation?"
"Well, you ain't Dr. No," Joan said,"just getcho ass out here."
He stepped out of the shadow to reveal himself. Rocko sat quietly, remembering that Steven was Joan's problem to settle.
"Rocko, is i'? Ii's good to see ya mate, your the bloke who came here everyday and didn' say a damn word unti' now."
Rocko raised his eyebrows,"That's me."
Steven chuckled,"Why so tense, mate?"
"'Cuz I'm restraining myself from ringin' your fuckin neck."
"Rocko,chill out," Joan said,"Steven, it's payday, I'm pretty sure you know that already."
He smirked at Rocko and followed Joan in to the back room.
"Alright, baby, you know the rules. This time I want you to suck my cock."
In front of him, Joan got down on her knees as he unzipped his pants and popped out his semi-erected penis. Joan sighed and put it in her mouth, she sucked until he was on the verge of release...then. Chop.
His penis was on the floor, covered in blood. he was too shocked to feel pain, he just waled. Incomprehensible wales of terror, it was like music to her ears. She took the envelope on his desk.
"Needless to say, I quit,"Joan said calmly, as if she hadn't just chopped off a man's penis,"And I'm notcha baby."
She walked out of the office, and walked out the bar with her arm wrapped around Rocko, smiling at the sounds of agony animating from Steven as the pain kicked in.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it took so long, I've had writer's block. Hope you like it! The title is from Lana Del Rey's Gods and Monsters, not a 70's song but it's a good song.