Status: It's pretty weird but I hope you like it anyway:)

The Girl Who Sleeps With a Knife

Ain't No Stopping Us Now

"We're gonna have to lay low for a while," Rocko told Joan at her apartment,"As satifying as that was, Joan, you shouldn't have done that. Part of my family does this kind of jive shit for a living."
"Rocko, he's not going to press charges, what he's been doing to me is illegal. They can't arrest me for getting justice."
Rocko stood in a daze of amazement,"Of all people, I wouldn't have thought of you to be so naive, Joan. We need to leave this apartment and probably this city. We have to be gone by tonight."

At around eleven at night, as Rocko planned, police sirens had awaken the entire building. Joan had a suitcase of clothes, records and anyother valuable she could fit. They did not speak, for the hard taps of footsteps were growing louder and louder.
Rocko turned to her,"We have to escape down the fire escape."
She shook her head, "I'm not down with that, Rock."
"But we can't go out the door, they'll catch us and you'll be arrested." The steps were growing louder, "We don't have time to argue, we have to go, now. You will be okay." They hurried to the window, and as they flew down the ladder, Joan's heart was beating into her ears.
Once they reached the pavement, they linked hands and sped off in Rocko's car. Once Joan's heart rate was normal, she found that there were no sirens or lights in sight. They drove off into the night, confident that the police were not going to look any further in the matter.
"That was fun," said Joan, cutting into the silence,"A real adrenaline rush. I haven't moved that fast since I caught smoking in the girl's locker room in the twelfth grade."
"Wow, what happened after that? Did you get expelled?"
"No, because the teacher who caught me was a man, and he told me that if I pretended to never see him then he would pretend to never see me. So I took it."
"What was he doing there?"
"Beats me, but I remember hearing a week later that he got fired for doing coke between classes...and fucking one of the students."She said while looking up into the night sky. "So where are we going?"
He shrugged and smiled but she did not see, "Anywhere you want."
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the last chapter