Mind Overdoes

Chapter 3- Wrong Foot

I wake up in a confined room. The walls looked soft. I lie in the hard bed and stare at the ceiling and just rethink life. Everyone does it right? Just stare at the wall and think about life, how bad or good it is. Some people cry, some people smile. Right now I do nothing. I feel like all of the emotions have been sucked out of me. You know that feeling you get when you want to cry but you can’t or you just don’t have any tears left? And that gets you frustrated so you just want to cry more? I was feeling like that at the moment.

The door opens to reveal the doctor from yesterday.

“Hey Alex,” He says. I continue to lie on the bed staring at the wall ignoring his presence. “Are you hungry? You can go to the dining hall at this time.” As if on cue my stomach grumbled, the doctor chuckled. Getting up from the uncomfortable bed I stand up. The doctor gives me a reassuring smile and walks out of the room. I follow him like a lost puppy. We arrive at the dinning hall and I see a lot of people, mostly girls and a few boys. They were laughing and just looked like they were having a good time.

“I’ll bring you to you towards your roommate.” He said. he patted me on the back as we walked. We walked to the table where there were 2 boys and 2 girls sitting at. At the next table there was only one kid.

“Jack,” The doctor called. The kid sitting by himself looked up and so did the kid in front of me. The one sitting by himself was kind of cute. Dark brown hair with a blonde patch kind of like a skunk and he was wearing glasses that made him look adorable. He had tattoos covering his arm and his ear pierce. It looked like he had Jack Skeleton tattooed on his chest as well. I wouldn’t mind having a cute roommate. Then we made eye contact. He raised an eyebrow at me.

“Fag,” I heard him mumble under his breath. I light blush filled my cheeks from both angry and
embarrassment. Then a blonde boy stands up and holds his hand out for me to shake. I shyly take his hand and shake it. The doctor looks pleased.

“Remember the rules no touching.” He said sternly then walked away. I sat down at the table awkwardly while everyone went back to their conversations.

“I’m SJ.” The blonde boy said. I raised my eyebrow.

“I thought your name was Jack.” I say cocking my head to the left. He chuckles.

“There’s two Jacks,” he points to the boy sitting by himself “him and then there’s me.” He finished pointing to himself.

“So where’d you get SJ from?” I ask. He chuckles again. What was so damn funny?

“Suicidal. I’m suicidal Jack and over there is homicidal Jack.” I nod. The new information just made me want to go get the lonely boy more. “They call me SJ because SJ makes more sense than HJ.” He shrugs and takes a bite of his cereal.

“Why is he sitting by himself?”

“Because he’s an asshole.” A girl perked up. She had blue hair and a nose piercing.

“I’m Hannah and you are…?” She spoke.

“I’m Alex.” She nodded and so did SJ. Then Hannah continued her conversation she was having before our encountered. I sat the rest of breakfast eating an orange that SJ gave me and glancing at lonely boy.

After breakfast SJ led me to where we had group therapy. Hannah and her other friend Sarah we’re amazing. They were funny and had a fantastic music taste. Same as for SJ, I guess for once in my life I had these things called friends. In group therapy I sat between Sarah and Hannah. The therapist walked in her way too high heels. She had dark brown hair and light brown eyes.

“Okay guys,” she glances around the room and then our eyes meet. “Oh we have a new person today.” She said cheerily.

“Tell us your name.” She says. Her light brown eyes stare into my dull, over exhausted brown ones.

“Alex.” I said plainly. She nods.

“I’m Shannon. Okay group how about we go around the room and tell Alex why we’re here?” The group groans. The group was only made up of about 8 people. There was an extremely thin girl and a bored looking boy and a girl with a sweater on and then Sarah, Jack, SJ, and Hannah and me.

“I’m Amelia, I’m 16 and I’m here because I have an eating disorder.” The thin girl says. I frown a little because she is truly beautiful and she’s just running her body. Next was the bored looking boy. He groaned.

“I’m Andrew, and I’m here because I tried to kill myself.” Next was lonely boy aka Jack.

“I’m Jack and I’m not going to tell the little fag why I’m here.”

“Jack,” Shannon said through gritted teeth. I laugh. That nick name was new.

Next was Sarah.

“I’m here because I tried to kill my mom.” She bows her head in shame. I was shocked. She seems so nice and so innocent. She doesn’t look like a killer. Then again we all wear masks upon our faces.

“I’m here because I have psychosis and depression, social anxiety, and OCD.” Hannah said taking the attention away from Sarah.

“What’s psychosis?” I ask.

“It’s someone who lost touch with reality dumb-ass.” Jack says with a roll of his eyes.

“What’s your problem?” I ask getting annoyed with his snarky remarks. He chuckles. Hannah was right, he is an asshole.

“If I could I will kill you.” He says a smirk on his face. Then I’m pulled into a memory.

“I’m going to kill you!” He yelled.

“Stop it!” I yell. Shannon looks scared she had this look in her eye. Maybe it was sympathy.

“Alex calm down.” I hear her say but her voice sounds so far away.

He inserts his penis into me. The stretch burns and he didn’t even bother using lube. I look Jack right in the eye.

“Kill me!” I yell. He looks bewilder but a smirk plays on his face. “Do it please! Make it stop! Please oh god. He’s going to get me. He’s going to fucking kill me!” I yell. Shannon walks over to me and rubs circles on my back.

“Shhh it’s going to be okay.” She says. I put my head in between my legs, my breathing becoming short and ragged. “Breathe with me sweetheart.” Then I hear a dark chuckle.

I like seeing you suffer.” I hear my dad say in my ear.

“I like seeing you suffer.” Jack says. His voice echoes throughout my head, with his deep dark chuckle.

“Shut up!” I yell at Jack. Next thing I know I’m pushing Shannon over and running towards Jack. His eyes widen in shock and what looked like excitement. I throw my hand back making a fist and punch Jack in the face. He falls out of his chair holding his face. There was blooding coming out of his nose.

“You bitch!” He yells. He comes at me and tackles me on the ground. He straddles my waist and wraps his big cold hands around my throat. I claw at his hands trying to get air to my lungs. I felt the burning in my chest. I let out choked noises. Jack leans down and whispers in my ear.

“Don’t fuck with me.” Then he gets up and walks out of the room nonchalantly as if he just didn’t try to kill me. I take in a deep breath. The burning leaves my chest as I gasp for air. Shannon was standing above me with a broken smile.

“I guess you two just got off on the wrong foot?” Amelia said breaking the silence. Everyone starts to laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is also on Wattpad and on All Time Low Fanfiction.com. Comment and stuff it motivates me to update faster!