Behind Bars

The Jury

It had been one month since I got that horrifying phone call from Dylan.
My bestfriend, in jail. Hes always been there for me. What was I going to do without him?
Yeah, sure we used to go out, but we were to good of friends to take it any further than 2 weeks of dating.
Tomorrow was the day we would find out if Dylan would go to jail and if so how long. I was a nervous wreck. I hated not knowing, and not being able to talk to him.
*KNOCK KNOCK*
Someone was knocking on my bedroom door, I barely heard it with my headphones in.
"Come in" I said pulling the headphones from my ears, it was my brother.
"what do you want?" I said very rudely considering the fact that I didn't want to talk to him at the moment. He was the one who set Dylan up with that bitch Britni.
He only got them together because he didn't want us to date, which we wernt at the time anyways.
"uh, never mind I will just talk about it another day" He said as he turned and walked out of my room.
I put my headphones back in and layed my head back on my pile of pillows.
I was fast asleep before I knew it. I got awoken by my alarm screaming at me along with my mom screaming at me to turn that shit off.
I was dreading today, but I still pulled myself out of bed and into the bathroom.
The water was so relaxing, I almost lost track of time, I got out and got ready.
--------------------
I finally arrived at the court house, I got out of my car and headed inside.
They were just about to start, when I sat down. Then the judge came in.
Then they brought in the jury, then they brought Dylan out.
As the judge read to the jury what he was there for, they made their decision.
"has the jury reached a verdict?" The judge asked them, "yes your honer" The lady in the front right corner stood up. "Your honer, we find the defendant guilty of attempted murder" She said as she sat back down.
I couldn't believe it. What was I going to do? "Mr. Alvarez you will be sentenced to 10 years with no chance of parole in the California State Penitentiary" She said as the slammed her gavel onto her desk and walked out.
I stood up and ran to my car with my brother right behind me screaming for me to stop. To be honest he was the last person I gave a shit about at that moment, in fact I kind of hated him. Wished it was him being put in prison.
I sat in my car for about 30 minutes before I started on my way home.
I cried most of the way home, Ill be honest I really wasn't paying attention to traffic. Before I had time to stop I seen a citylink bus right outside my passenger window.
I didn't have time to even think before, I felt my car jerk and glass shatter into my lap.
I remember hearing people trying to get my attention, then all of a sudden.
My eye shot wide open, I looked around. I was in my bedroom, it was just a dream.