As You Wish

We Could Not Ask for More

Estelle wandered along the beach barefoot, staring out at the sea and watching a ship on the horizon. Her head was filled with wishful thoughts that it was the Jolly Roger, but deep down inside she knew that it was highly unlikely. Killian had business to take care of, and that was going to take him some time.

“It’s not him, dearie,” a voice said and Estelle’s head whipped around to face the man. She immediately recognised his green skin and wicked smirk.

“I never thanked you for that bean.”

“Your favour is all the thanks I need,” he grinned and she nodded, anxious to know what his proposal was.

“What is your name?”

“Rumpelstiltskin,” he announced, rolling the r at the beginning of his name.

“Well, Rumpelstiltskin, what do you want me to do?” Estelle said with an exhale at the end to calm her nerves.

“I want you to drink this, dearie,” Rumpelstiltskin proclaimed, and with a flick of his wrist a vial appeared in his palm. Estelle paused as she squinted at the unrecognisable liquid.

“What is that?” she questioned cautiously, not particularly keen on drinking an unknown magical substance.

“It’s a potion. It will make you forget something, or rather, someone,” Rumpelstiltskin replied before cackling with anticipation.

“Who?”

“The captain you met in Neverland,” he answered and Estelle gasped.

“No! I can’t!”

“You made a deal, dearie!” At his rebuttal, Estelle clasped her lips tightly together. He was right. She had agreed to a favour and now it was time to do her end of the bargain. Her eyes enlarged as it sunk in how much information Rumpelstiltskin had at the time of giving her the magic bean, and the pieces clicked together inside her head.

“This was all a plan, wasn’t it? You gave Allesandre the curse, so you made it an ageing curse. You knew that I would end up in Neverland and meet Killian…” Estelle trailed off, watching as Rumpelstiltskin’s eyes sparkled with delight. “What did he ever do to you? Why would you send me there to fall in love with him, only to take it away?” The grin on Rumpelstiltskin’s face faltered slightly and his long fingers curled upwards to encase the vial.

“Did he tell you a tale of the woman he used to love?”

“Yes, and that she was killed,” Estelle nodded.

“That was my wife. He stole my wife from me and my son,” Rumpelstiltskin stated and her heart skipped a beat.

“That’s awful…” she breathed, but he shook his head, not wanting her sympathy.

“And now he has received another punishment: finding a new love, new hope, happiness… And then having me snatch it away from him once again,” he said, a smirk uncontrollably forming across his thin lips.

“What will this potion do to me, exactly?” Estelle whispered, sensing that there was no way that he would let her out of this agreement.

“He will be erased from your mind. Your time in Neverland will become a haze, and if you ever see him again, you will not recognise him at all. But he will remember every single thing that happened, and he will suffer because of it. You can go about living a new life here; the fresh start that you always wanted,” Rumpelstiltskin explained and Estelle raised her eyebrows.

“And I won’t feel any pain, or loss, or anything like that?”

“Not at all, dearie. You will be happier than you have ever been!” he clarified and Estelle gazed across at the potion. Rumpelstiltskin let down his fingers and gradually shifted his hand towards her.

“Will I forget this conversation?” she wondered and he shrugged.

“Some of it. We were talking about him, after all.”

“Will I ever see you again?”

“Only if you need my services, dearie,” Rumpelstiltskin grinned and Estelle decided to take the vial from his palm. She flipped the cork out and felt a pang of remembrance at how Killian skilfully did the same manoeuvre with just one hand. Having no further questions, she raised it to her lips and downed the bitter liquid in one go. With the flick of his wrist, Rumpelstiltskin made the bottle disappear to avoid suspicion.

“So, what favour have you come to me to claim?” Estelle questioned and a grin crept across Rumpelstiltskin’s face as he realised that the potion had indeed worked.

“Just one of your hairs, dearie,” he answered and Estelle raised her eyebrows.

“That’s all? I was expecting something of a much greater value…” she remarked, though she wasn’t arguing.

“A lot of magic can be contained in such a small thing,” Rumpelstiltskin countered as he reached out hesitantly. Estelle bowed her head slightly and Rumpelstiltskin plucked a hair from her head. “It’s a pleasure doing business with you, Estelle.”

“You too,” she smiled politely, vaguely remembering how his bean had spared her life by transporting her to to another world. The sailors there had looked after her and returned her to this realm, a safer place where she could start a new life. “Will I ever see you again, Rumpelstiltskin?”

“Only if you need my services, dearie,” he repeated before giggling and vanishing. Estelle brushed off the sense of deja vu and continued on her relaxing stroll down the beach.

Image__Image__Image__Image

The seaside city had become a heaven for Estelle. Although she missed the quieter streets of her home, there was something interesting happening every day in the city and she took great pleasure in participating in the activities. She woke with the sunrise to gut and sell a fisherman’s catch of the day, then occupied her afternoon by wandering the streets and spending what little money she had earned by working. It was a simple way of living, but it suited her.

Occasionally her mind drifted to her homeland, with curious thoughts about her mother and brother, and even Drake and his mother. Estelle hoped greatly that her family was surviving, able to function without her aid, and as desperate as she was to see their faces once more, she understood that there was no way she could ever return. Allesandre had attempted to kill her, and all to protect her son who Estelle had barely been interested in. Though her memory was very hazy, she could recall finding closure on the island she had briefly stayed upon with some sailors, and Estelle had finally made peace with her past. She had been foolish and now she understood that there was a far better man out there for her. Her only regret was being unable to remember exactly what had helped relieve her heartbreak.

Estelle heaved a crate full of fish into her arms from the boat, looking forward to yet another joyful day at work. She smiled at the fisherman before walking across the docks in the harbour. A new ship demanded her attention because of its bright colours, the crew busy tending her deck, and she caught the eye of the man who stood the tallest. He wasn’t working, but appeared to be looking for something, and he smiled when he noticed her gaze. Estelle diverted her eyes from the black haired man in the red velvet vest and continued on her walk.

“Estelle!” At the sound of her name she turned, surprised to see the unfamiliar man in the crimson vest hurrying to catch her. Her forehead crinkled with confusion.

“Do I know you?” she asked politely once the man had caught up to her. His jaw dropped open and his eyes filled with worry before his lips broke into a smile.

“I know I took a while to return, but that’s an unfair joke. Don’t be cruel to me,” he replied. As he took a step forwards, arms stretching out in a manner that she assumed was to embrace her, Estelle took a step backwards.

“I’m sorry, sir, I don’t know you. You must have me mistaken for someone else,” she said as she caught a glimpse of the hook he had instead of a hand. Certain that she did not have an acquaintance with the man, Estelle gave a kind smile and turned, anxious to leave the peculiar situation.

“No, wait!” the man insisted, reaching out and grabbing her arm with his hook. From his tug and shock, Estelle spun around, sending her crate of fish flying from her arms. She squealed as it crashed onto the ground, narrowly missing her toes. Her hands flung up to defend herself against the man as he swooped her into his chest. Estelle was unable to avoid their lips crashing together, and after a few moments the stranger let her go. She pushed herself backwards, stumbling as she stared in shock at the man just like the commoners around them who were watching the dramatic scene.

“I don’t know you!” Estelle yelled, infuriated by being violated. Life had turned around for her, this city was proving to be perfect for her, and now the beauty of the harbour had been destroyed.

“No… No, it can’t be…” the man muttered. He appeared shocked by his own actions and he brought his hand to his lips. “I should be able to break the curse… True love’s kiss…” Estelle scrunched her face with disgust.

“I’m not cursed,” she spat.

“You are! You have to be- it’s the only explanation! Estelle! Wait!” he called as she turned on her heel and hurried away. A rush of nausea halted her and her head spun for a few moments. First Estelle recalled drinking a forgetting potion, and then the memories of Neverland filled her mind, all the way back to when Killian had first rescued her from the Lost Boys. She clasped a hand over her mouth and nose as tears welled in her eyes, almost unable to believe the whole situation. If his kiss had broken the curse that Rumpelstiltskin’s potion had put on her, then…

“Killian,” Estelle breathed as she looked over her shoulder. His distraught expression was flooded by relief and he closed the distance between them. She turned and allowed herself to be enclosed by his arms, burying her head into his chest. They remained silent for a few moments, needing to take some time to let it all sink in.

“It was my deal,” Estelle mumbled into his vest. “I had to drink-”

“I don’t want to hear it,” Killian interrupted. “We can take care of the crocodile later. All that matters now is that I have you in my arms again.” He separated their bodies slightly to give himself room to kiss her, adoring the sensation of her lips against his.

“Can we leave here? Sail somewhere far away together?” Estelle asked, her proposal met with a grin.

“As you wish.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I hope you all enjoyed reading this story! I'm so thankful for all of the attention it has received, and I'd love to hear your final thoughts on the story :)

And you should definitely keep an eye on me for more Once Upon a Time fics in the future ;)