As You Wish

Through This Endless Night

“After you, milady,” Killian said as he held his hand out, offering to aid Estelle into the rowing boat. She took it and placed a cautious foot in the wooden boat, steadying herself before her other foot followed and she took a seat, enjoying the calm rocking. Killian joined her, less gracefully, and began rowing to the ship that had been anchored at a safe distance from the shore.

“I could-” Estelle began offering when halfway along he fumbled with the row in his hook.

“I’ve got it,” Killian grunted as he secured the row once more and continued. He kept his head lowered and Estelle dropped her gaze, hoping that she had not offended him by trying to be helpful. Embarrassed that she had already ruined what she had expected to be a special event, she stayed quiet until their rowing boat bumped into the side of the Jolly Roger. “I’ll keep it steady.” Estelle couldn’t help but chuckle at his offer.

“There is no way I am climbing that ladder before you while wearing a dress,” she pointed out and Killian smirked, realising that his polite proposition would have also provided him with a pleasant view.

“How are you with knots?” he wondered with a gesture towards the rope that was secured to the bow of the small boat.

“Good,” Estelle replied as she twisted around to reach it, efficiently securing it to the bottom of the rope ladder to ensure the rowing boat would not stray during their visit. Killian then climbed up the side of the boat, with an uneven but well rehearsed motion, and Estelle followed.

“Would I be correct in guessing that you know how to tie knots because you went to sea often back home?” Killian wondered as her wide eyes took in the view as well as the ship.

“I hardly set sail, but I liked it that way,” she murmured, barely focused on the conversation as she admired the sheer size of Killian’s ship. It surpassed any other boat she had ever seen, let alone been on.

“Don’t have sea legs?”

“I do, actually. I just prefer the land,” Estelle admitted before wincing as she remembered that she was speaking to a captain.

“And that’s fine, love, don’t feel as though you have to explain,” Killian said before she could start stuttering an excuse.

“You have the most beautiful ship I have ever set my eyes upon,” Estelle smiled as her eyes wandered up one of the masts.

“You should see below the deck,” Killian said, suddenly grabbing onto her hand and bringing her focus back onto him. He led her downstairs, giving her a complete tour of the Jolly Roger that ended in his cabin.

“This is a lot more spacious than your crew’s residence,” Estelle pointed out and Killian shrugged.

“A perk of being a captain,” he replied as he leaned against the doorframe, watching her wander around the room and look at all of his belongings.

“I feel as though you have more items in this room than my family ever owned,” Estelle muttered as she traced a finger over the wooden desk that she assumed cost a fortune.

“Perhaps that is a sign that you should stay aboard,” Killian suggested and she spun around. Initially she wore a surprised expression, but it faded into a smile.

“Perhaps…” Estelle whispered and Killian pushed himself off the doorframe to walk to her. He reached out and slid his right arm around her waist, tilting his head down and drawing Estelle into a soft kiss. Moments later, she pulled away. “It would take a lot to get me to leave the land, though. I don’t belong out on the sea, just next to it.”

“I can give you plenty of reasons to live at sea, if you wish,” Killian murmured as he closed the distance between them again. This time he pressed his body against hers, pleased to feel her reciprocate and wrap her arms around him. With Killian’s guidance, Estelle was lowered onto a bed beneath a man for the first time.

Image

Her worn shoes pattered against the dirt path as she headed towards the castle to deliver a gift to Drake. The fish was a commonly caught one, but its flesh was the softest the sea here had to offer. It was difficult for Estelle to not jump with joy as she scurried through the castle’s courtyard, but she forced herself to keep her head down and appear calm so she didn’t draw attention to herself. Her grin widened as she rounded the corner that lead to the guest quarters where Drake was staying, already aware that his mother was currently attending a celebration on the beach, but her lips quickly dropped into a frown.

“Drake! Oh Drake, stop it!” a woman was giggling in the distance. Estelle’s lips parted with shock and her stomach began to sink with fear. Unable to do anything other than confirm the nightmare that was taking place, Estelle crept forwards until she found a slightly ajar window where the noise appeared to be the loudest. The wind from the sea was making the curtains billow, and every few seconds they revealed a glimpse of the flirtatious woman lying on Drake’s bed. He was resting atop her, smothering her neck with kisses as she laughed, and his hand was pressing underneath her luxurious dress as she squirmed beneath his touch. She was one of the highborn women in the village, and it stunned Estelle that Drake had apparently taken his mother’s advice to find a more beautiful woman of a higher status to be with. Devastated from his deceit, Estelle dropped the fish and shuffled away from the horrid sight, prepared to sink into her bed and cry well into the night.

“Ah, there you are,” someone said when Estelle was about to turn a corner, halting her in her tracks. She spun to see Allesandre glaring at her with crossed arms, her blonde locks flowing past blue eyes full of rage. “You must be the fisherman’s daughter my boy has been messing around with.”

“I do not have a partner,” Estelle replied, choosing her words carefully as she held back tears.

“Are you certain?” Allesandre questioned as she took a step forwards, making Estelle take one back.

“Absolutely. We just separated, actually,” she clarified in attempt to prove that she was no longer a threat to her precious son’s marriage plans. A delighted smirk crossed Allesandre’s lips and she reached into the pocket of her elegant coat, revealing a vial held between her slender fingers. Sealed with a cork, the opaque hazel liquid immediately made Estelle’s stomach drop with panic, even though she did not know what it was. Allesandre moved closer and Estelle backed away down the alleyway with tears dripping down her cheeks. “I will leave him alone, I swear it! I never want to see him again!” Allesandre cackled at her weeping and pleas.

“I cannot take that risk. You must be removed from my son’s life. Your influence is poisonous, much like this potion,” she explained. Frightened for her life, Estelle took off running as fast as she could in search of some form of safety.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much KillJoySynner, BrookieCookie490, and acid_rain88 for commenting! I hope you all enjoyed this update!