As You Wish

His Hands Around Your Face

Estelle tore through the bushes, her vision blurred with tears and her path undetermined from anger, but she was suddenly halted as her arm brushed against a stinging nettle. The pain sunk in quickly, and Estelle hissed as her skin started to feel as though it was on fire. She was forced to set aside the pain from Killian to focus on finding the soothing remedy that she hoped was nearby. Once she found the correct plant, Estelle hurried to the beach and grabbed a pair of stones to rub the leaves between. The soft dark leaves split and their juices oozed out, creating a paste that she could easily spread onto her red arm. As the palliative sensation began to overtake the urge to itch, Estelle exhaled and she sat down, staring out at the waves as her mind wandered back to Killian.

“Are you all right, love?” his voice broke the silence, taking her by surprise. She looked over her shoulder to see Killian lingering at the edge of the forest, obviously uncertain as to whether or not he should approach her. “Your arm, I mean.”

“It will be,” she replied, turning her head away to hide her heartbreak from him. Unsure of whether or not he was welcome, Killian walked down the beach and took a hesitant seat next to her.

“I’m sorry you found out that way,” he said. Both of them kept their stares focused on the water, avoiding making eye contact. “I didn’t want it to define me. I needed you to trust that I would take you to safety, which I still will if you wish, and a pirate isn’t a good example of an honourable man.” Estelle gave a short grin, understanding his reasoning.

“That’s true. Had I have known the truth at the start I would have run from you,” she admitted, acknowledging that she probably would have died had that happened. Her frustration with him became drenched with guilt as she realised her mistake. “I’m sorry.”

“For what?” Killian genuinely wondered.

“For panicking at the fact that you are a pirate. It was wrong of me.”

“It was understandable. You said you lost your father to pirates; you are not to blame for hating me,” Killian justified.

“But you’re different. You’re not the kind of man who took my father’s life,” Estelle attempted to reason but Killian frowned and shook his head.

“But I am, I’m a pirate.”

“Before Pan gave you that title, I thought you were an honest captain of a ship, a man who respected women and helped those in need, a good man,” Estelle explained and she paused, her lips curling upwards into a soft smile. “That is not a pirate to me. I can look past that label on you.” Killian finally lifted his gaze to meet her eyes, hopeful that all was forgiven and forgotten.

“Truly? You would do that?” he asked and Estelle nodded. He shifted closer and embraced her, placing a kiss on her neck. “Thank you.”

Image__Image__Image__Image

A loud thud from outside her tent shocked Estelle awake. With a grumble she turned to where she expected Killian to be, but only found a faintly warm blanket. Her eyes shot open and she scrambled to the tent’s opening only to notice that the sun had not yet risen. One of Killian’s crew members was rushing to refill the crate of spilled oranges near the tent, and once he was done he rose and hurried down the shore to the ship. As Estelle’s drowsy eyes followed him, she registered that the rest of the crew were also awake and scampering around the campsite, clearing it of every item they possessed. With a gasp, Estelle clambered out of the tent and straightened her dress, one of the crew immediately appearing to take the tent down and pack it away.

“What’s going on?” Estelle asked the scruffy man whose hasty actions were almost tearing the tent.

“We’re packing,” he grunted with a lack of interest in her.

“Why?”

“Because we’re leaving,” the man stated as he stood, the tent now tucked under his arm. Dumbfounded by his response, Estelle remained quiet and watched as he jogged to the ship. She heard footsteps from behind her and turned to see another member of Killian’s crew carrying a heavy box of bananas and she stood in his way to get his attention.

“Where is the captain?” Estelle demanded, needing answers.

“Somewhere that way,” he answered with a head gesture to the dense forest behind him. With a sigh, Estelle ran forwards in search of Killian. She looked in the general direction that the man had sent her, about to give up when she heard someone speaking in the distance. Using the cover of a wide leaved plant, Estelle peeked at the scene before her.

“You can’t leave, Hook. I won’t let you,” Pan commanded with a glare. “Besides, it would be foolish to break our agreement, you know that.”

“You would lose more than I,” Killian retorted as his fingers gripped his sword tighter.

“Fine then. Leave, and never return. But your wench remains here,” Pan offered and Killian snorted with disgust.

“That’s the worst offer you have ever given me,” he spat. “I’m not giving her up. She stays with me. It’s up to you if I continue to help you, or if I leave for good.”

“What else do you have in life aside from working for me?”

“Plenty,” Killian said and Pan frowned, acknowledging his losing battle.

“What do I have to do? Threaten to kill her-“ Pan was cut off by Killian swinging his sword. The blade sliced through the boy’s arm and he cried out, backing away as Killian readied himself for another strike.

“You will not harm her. You and your Lost Boys will let us leave,” he instructed as Pan glowered at him, gripping his wound.

“Fine. But don’t say I didn’t warn you,” Pan muttered so lowly that Estelle barely heard him. Killian backed away, keeping his sword prepared for a fight, and Estelle followed suit. Once they were both far enough away from Pan, she revealed her presence to him and he jumped, quickly sheathing his sword to hide the blood on it.

“Estelle, why are you out here?” Killian asked as he took a hold of her arm, ushering her back towards the campsite.

“I needed to find you. I didn’t know what was going on,” she explained, implying that she desired an answer.

“We are leaving this wretched island. I will take you somewhere safe and then I will leave to tie up some loose ends, but I will return to you,” Killian explained and Estelle stopped him, forcing him to look into her worried eyes.

“I don’t want you to leave. I can’t defend myself if anyone comes after me,” she pleaded and Killian pressed his lips to her forehead.

“You will be safe, I promise it, love.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you shelbyvengeance, acid_rain88, and BrookieCookie490 for the comments! I hope you weren't disappointed with Estelle's response. Let me know what you think is going to happen next! :)