Status: Do we really want to go down the path, that has been put down in front of us?

I'm No Hero

I Was Cursed To Have Friends Like You

Oh today was a great day, no worries and no care in the world to save the day. Yep, just the way I like it, or at least until some lame ass purse snatcher kills my day. If I wanted to, I could just let the guy get away and just lesson to the woman scream over and over again. But who really wants that?

Getting up from my table and putting down my coffee, I walk out on to the sidewalk and punch the guy in the stomach, sending him down on the ground. Grabbing the purse, I walk over to the woman and hand it over, then I go back to my table and finish my coffee. I know I'm a lame ass, I mean really? Who doesn't go superhero on bad guys? Oh I know this answer, me!

If I used my powers more then I did and went all, glory in the sky and screamed "Look at me, I'm a superhero run away!" yep that's right I ran away from being a superhero. Or I should say, I ran away from superhero school. I had gone there since Pre school. When other little girls were giggling and playing with dolls, I was learning how to fly and take down stuffed pillows that looked like bad guys. Sounds like a great life I know, but after while it just goes away of wanting to do what others want you to do.

My parents are superhero's, I mean what kid wouldn't be glad about that? Me of course, just for the simple fact, that after my mom gave birth to me, they shipped me off to grandpa house and when he could, he shipped me off to SP also known as Superhero Prep. It sounds like a reach snob school I know and it was. The night I ran away, I blew up half the school. It's not like anyone really got hurt....only the guys that were chasing me. As far as I know, they lived.

Walking into the mall, their is people moving around without a care in the world. People know about superhero's and bad guys of course. Hell they even have shops that sell dolls of superhero's and the superhero's kids if they make a name for them selves. We are all given superhero names day one of SP, what is mine you ask? Comet. It's a lame name I know, soon as I am eighteen I can change it to whatever I want. But I have no idea what I would change it to. The only reason they gave me that name was because of my powers, it's not like a glow like a comet or anything, expect maybe when I catch stuff on fire, but that is a totally different story.

Going over to the food court I pick up a cheeseburger, some fries and a big drink. With my powers, I burn off calories. Like latterly I do, with the powers I have, I constantly eat. Sitting down I am about to open my mouth to eat, then I get the feeling someone is watching me. "Stop staring at me you three or I'm going to have to hurt you." I say, then I chew into my burger.

My three friends from SP come rushing over to the table. Yeah that's right I said friends, I try to be an outcast, but for some damn reason these three won't let me have my way. When I was going to SP, people thought I were cool, because my parents were awesome, but I quickly made everyone run for the hills, expect these three. Damn my luck I guess. "There are favorite Aria," Josiah says with a big grin.

"No,"

"But you don't even know what we were about to say." Nora says big brown eyes, with her bright red hair pulled back.

"Oh I know what you are about to say." popping a French fry in my mouth I shake my head. "And I say no."

"Oh come on there lots of new kids and totally hot guys." Owen says with a dreamy look and yes he is gay, but he is still cool.

"You ask anyone out yet?" I ask him as I keep eating.

He gives me his wave, as if known of them are good enough. "Pu-lease, none of those boys could handle me. Well maybe expect Cole." he says with a dreamy look.

"And who is Cole?"

Nora pulls out her iPad and does a quick tapping on it and hands it over. Nora is supper smart, one of the brightest minds since all the smart people in the world thought it would be cool, to mix DNA and make superhero's. Even the smart guys back in the old days, started trying to make the DNA to work, when superhero's were made, no one truly knows, but I'm sure if Nora had nothing better to do, she would find out.

Looking at the picture, the guy isn't bad look. He has raven black hair, light blue eyes, a nice face, hard core body, tattoos showing up around his neck and powers out the window. "Cool." I say handing back the iPad like he doesn't matter and doesn't catch my eye, which he does, but I'll never tell them that. "Stay out of my head Nora!"

"Sorry." she says with her face getting red.

The boys look at her. "What did she say?"

"Girl code." I remind her.

She hangs her head. "Sorry guys she right, I can't say a word when it comes to girl code."

"What about me? I'm gay, so does it count on me?"

Nora looks at me, to ask if it's okay. "No."

"Sorry," she says in a small voice.

Eating everything, I lean back and let everything take it's course in my stomach. "So what is with the sudden visit from you three? Brake time isn't even here yet, you three should be up in the sky, doing all that you do." in all truth I have no idea what they do, I ran away when I was eleven and started normal school.

"We are actually here to ask for a favor." Josiah says leaning on his arms forward.

"And what is that?"

"We need help with are bad guy homework. We have to catch at least twenty bad guys before the week is up." Owen tells me.

"Why come to me, it's not that hard? I just punched a bad guy in the stomach for trying to take off with some lady purse." leaning forward, they all have red faces. "What did you three do?"

"We sort of-"

"Kind of-"

"Told the world that we were now superhero's."

I hit my head on the table. "You ideates," I look back up at them, not caring if I have a big red mark on my forehead. "You aren't supposed to do that, until after school. Don't they have that as a rule, like one of the top rules at that school?!" they all shake their heads. "I hope you know, that now that you have done that, then all of the bad guys are going to keep their heads down."

"We know, but you catch bad guys all the time." Nora says with pleading eyes.

"No, I punch them in the stomach and have the cops take them away. There is a deference with what I do and what you three do." I tell them angrily.

"Please help us!" Owen cries out as he grabs my hand in his.

Rolling my eyes, I give them all hard looks. "Fine, but we are going after low class guys that don't really care if they get cote. It'll be a good work out and you'll get your twenty bad guys. If you guys do anything dumb like telling the world who you are again, I'm locking myself up and you three can deal with all this."

They launch them selves at me. "We love you!" they cry out at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
What does everyone think of this new story?

Comment?
Recommend?
Subscribe?