Status: Do we really want to go down the path, that has been put down in front of us?

I'm No Hero

Fake Memories

Laying on some rough in the heart of the city, I let the sounds of everything hit me full on. Where I am, I know I'm safe, I made sure no one could walk up here and bug me. I just need time to think and how to get away, with out the Uppers finding me, like they have been trying to do for years. They think, when a teen super is on the lose with no rules or guidance that they are deadly and could crumble everything.

How they thought that up, I will never know.

Closing my eyes, I think hard about the world of lies I have built around my parents. Instead of them giving me up to a grandpa that said, that they didn't want a kid to slow them down. I'm with them and we are just normal humans. They have jobs, I go to school. They give me hugs in the morning and give me hugs in the evening when I get back. I don't think I have ever been hugged by them in this reality.

Someone lands only a few feet away from my back. "Your not an easy person to find." Cole in a grumbly voice.

"Guess I should had hid some where else, then you might had not found me." turning on my side, I use my arm as a pillow and just stair at nothing really. "How did clean up go?"

"Fine." he walks over me and sits down in front of me. "You ran off so fast, you didn't even get a chance to hear your parents say how proud they are of you."

"Lie to someone that knows nothing about my parents." my voice is hard, but my words are like a knife to the heart.

"I think you did great to, But the way you went about it, you could had killed yourself." he was right, I could have.

"I haven't been able to let lose, ever since I ran away from that school."

"That's why you need to come back. Using that much power at once, could had killed you. Your luck that all you did was pass out."

What he doesn't know, is that I was holding back using all my power, but just barely. They said when I was at the school, that when I come to full term with my powers, that my power will go off the charts and reach the max of the sun, maybe even more--if that's possible. "I can't go back." I want to slip into the lies of my memories.

"Why not?"

"Because of my parents are."

"What do they have to do with this?!" he yells out.

Sitting up, I hold out my hand, where it turns totally in flamed. "You see this?" he shakes his head. "This is me." the flame turns blue. "This is my parents. Growing up, kids were always kissing up, because of my parents are who they are. They never knew that they dumped me off on my grandpa and soon as he seen a chance, he dumped me off at that school." the flame goes out. "If I go back, it will start up again and with what happened today it'll get worse." standing up, I glare down at him. "I would rather have a lie run through my head, then know that my parents don't give a crap about me! I would rather them caring, asking how I'm doing and be home when I get home. Give me hugs and kisses and actually talk to me." shaking my head, I fight back the tears. "But I don't get to live that lie, because the truth is, that my parents don't give a damn about me!"

"You don't know that for sure." he says calmly as he stands up.

I chuckle a sickly chuckle. "Oh but I do, did you know I have a younger brother? His name is Spark or at least that's his hero name. I don't know his real name. They kept him and never looked back to me, because I mean nothing." flying up in the air, I look down at him. "I won't go back Cole, if I do, I'm going back kicking a screaming. So until that day happens, I'm going to live in my fake memories and act like I'm nothing but a human. Because that is all I want, is to be human." flying off, I leave a fire trail, if only for about fifty feet and then I just fly back home.

@@@@

Landing on the window ceil, I open the window and slip into my bedroom. Throwing off my dirty clothes, I walk into the bathroom and take a shower. The water feels awesome on my skin, but I want it to wash away today. -I can't change that memory, because in all the fate of it all, today was a great day. I got to show up my parents and I got to show everyone what I can do. But I also screwed myself, for going all out.- "They'll try to find me now, if they haven't already." I whisper to myself.

Finishing up in the bathroom, I go back to my room and put on clothes and walk into the living room, only to stop dead in my tracks. "Hello Aria."

For the longest time, I imaged my parents coming for me to tell me how sorry they are about everything, But I don't see how sorry they are in their eyes, all I see is them, thinking about taking me back to that school. "If you two are here to tell me to go back to that school, I wont go." -Even though you two are here before me, my fake memories are better then this twisted reality.-

"We know, that's what Cole told us." she holds up a syringe.

Strong arms go around my arms. "What the hell?!" looking over my shoulder its Cole. "Let go of me."

My so called mother walks forward with what I can only guess is knock me out. "Don't struggle, it'll only make things worse. We need you to go back to the school and from there, you can live a happy life. You do have a mission in life with Cole and we can not let you fall through the cracks again."

-What the hell is she talking about?- my powers itch to come out again. "You'll have to catch me first." my body goes full on flame, which makes Cole let go of me and I am out of there, with a backpack that I have pre-packed, cause in some sick twisted way, I always figured this day would happen. -Catch me if you can.-
♠ ♠ ♠
Why is Cole with her parents? What is their true plans? What is going on?

Find out on the next chapter :), thanks for reading.

Don't forget to subscribe, recommend, and comment.