Status: Do we really want to go down the path, that has been put down in front of us?

I'm No Hero

Fake It

POV: Cole?

"Damn it she got away." Lash booms out, in his loud voice.

"Sorry, I didn't think she would do that if I was in this form." my body turns back to who I am.

"It's not your fault. she strong, then we thought. We are just going to have to be smarter. The Scientist want her back, because she is growing into more powers then he thought. Cole is already out of control and with Aria doing the same thing, who knows what they will be able to do soon as they are eighteen." Starlet says looking at us. "We need to work fast."

POV: Aria

I was going to throw up, I couldn't handle using my powers all at once so fast. Landing down on the ground, the landing isn't pretty and it hurts like hell. All I want to do is lay in the ground and rest, but I don't have time with that, they are tracking me, I know they are. Taking my clothes off, I change into my other clothes from the bag and stuff the other clothes in the back. Holding out my hand, I send a flare through the air I just went through, to take out my trail. Soon as that is done with, I pull down my hat and walk on. -Got to get to the safe house.- I tell myself.

Becoming one with the crowed, I keep my head down and keep going. I always knew they would come back for me, but I didn't know they would drag someone else into this. I mean, it should be my dream that my parents coming back for me, but something is wrong. Their eyes were wrong, all their eyes were wrong and their was something off about Cole, but I don't know what it was.

Walking up to a building, I pound on the door. "Cheer open up, it's me!" I yell out, but he doesn't come to the door so I slam on the door again. "Cheer, you know I would only come here if something was wrong! Now open the damn door!" I yell out.

The door buzzes, so I open it and close it, then lock it tight, with a force felled going up and around the building. Taking the stairs at two at a time, I go to the second floor and, then pull down the coot handle and go through a secrete door, then it closes behind me. I've only been to this house maybe twice in life, but never about this sort of thing. All the other times, was because I needed to let my powers lose, but I always chickened out.

Walking down some steps, I walk into a lab, where a man works on something. "They found me and something is wrong with them." I tell him, as I drop my bag. Here in this building I know I'm safe, Cheer isn't really what you call all human. He turns his head, showing me the half man and half robot that he is. Cheer is a man, but his ability is building about anything in the world, so half of his body is a robot. He was thrown out of being a hero from day one, because he was to different. After I ran away from the school, he found me and let me stay here till I could stand on my own and pays for all I need. He's like a robot Uncle that doesn't really like people.

"Hello Aria, it's nice to see you to." he says as he turns a bolt with his finger.

"Hello Cheer, there is problem on the outside world."

He shakes his head, as his leg goes out for a chair and wheels it over for me to sit down. Soon as I sit down, he shakes his head for me to go on. "Did you see the news today?" he shakes his head yes, but he says nothing about it. "Well I just got home like twenty mints after that, took a shower. Then my parents and someone else was there, they were going to knock me out and take me back to the school."

"Might not be a bad idea, cause your powers are getting more powerful by the day." he says as he adds bits and peace's to whatever he is building.

"Can we not get into how my powers have been spiking, it's bad enough that I always want to blow something up." rubbing my head, I go on with what happened. "But them trying to knock me out isn't what was bothering me, it's their eyes."

He freezes in place. "What did their eyes look like?"

"Half gold and half silver. Do you know anything about that sort of eye color change?"

He puts everything down and goes to a computer and types stuff in. Getting up I walk over to where he is at, as images pull up. "They were being controlled by someone, this person I know very well or at least I did many years ago."

"And who is that?"

"Master Mind,"

"That guy that was a villain on little kid shows I use to watch?" I remember growing up watching a dumb TV show about a guy called Master Mind and he had a creepy voice, and he was never very bright, cause the hero's always kicked his butt. The school always wanted us to watch hero TV shows, to show us right against the wrong.

He shakes his head. "No, this Master Mind is much different. He is believed to be the one, that mixed human DNA, with living robots. He was banished before you were born. I believed he was dead, but it sounds like his work."

He pulls of a video, of a young man, standing in front of a tube with a human or my guess a human in it. They have a breathing mask, as they just flout. Master Mind flips a switch, sending a surge of power through the body of the human. He flips the switch off, then they open their eyes, showing the gold and silver eyes, my parents and Cole had. "Now my lovely, you will do all I say." he says with a British accent, but something goes horribly. The person body starts to burn up. "NO!" he screams out, as the person dies in a burst of flame.

"It looks like he failed." I say to Cheers.

"He did many times, but I think he's figured out how to control people with a chip of some sort." he takes in a deep breath and right away I know I'm about to hate what he is about to say. "You are going to have to go back to SP and find out what is going down."

"I'm not going back."

"You have to, it's the only way to find out what we need to know. Find your friends and warn them."

"And how will I know, if they aren't being controlled?"

His robot arm stretches out and grabs a scanner, only to have it come back and hand it over to me. "Hold this up and it will scan their body, it will flash three times if they do have a chip. But make sure you are not seen with it, or you'll get it taken away and I'll have to build another one."

Looking it over, I raise my eyebrow. "How did you know I would need this?"

He shrugs his shoulder as if it's no big deal. "Kim seen that you need it."

Kim was his wife, she has no superhero name, because she doesn't fight crime anymore. Not after having the baby, I don't see her much, because she stays up on the third floor taking care of their son. Kim loves Cheer a lot, she just doesn't want their son getting ahold of something and blowing himself up. Course I don't blame her, the kid is as crazy smart as his dad and dangers when he wants to be. So he is the great reason why I don't show my face up a lot, just because he might blow me up with something.

"Did she see if they would try to chip me?"

He shrugs his shoulders again. "She figures if they do, then you will just burn the place up. You already did once."

"Hey, it was only half the school and as far as I know, those guys are still alive." he hands me an ear peace. "What is this for?"

"So we can talk and keep track."

"And how do you think I will find anything out?"

He points his finger at me. "I didn't teach you those hacking skills for nothing. Now find out what you can."

"Can't you find out what is going on?"

"You forget, that I'm not one of them. You have to get on a main computer and it will tell you everything you know."

"Can I at least have back up?"

He groans. "Your such a needy child," he whistles and out comes his hawk. "You brake the bird, then you are rebuilding me a new one and you will get no brakes."

The bird blinks its red robotic eyes. "Fine, see you soon."

@@@@

Taking a deep breath, I land down on the ground of the flouting school. Soon as my feet touch the ground, a siren goes off. Covering my ears, the hawk flies off to some tree that he can keep an eye on stuff. No one will question why I brought it, just for the fact that he is unseen to the camera's, thanks to Cheer building skills. "Oh would you shut this alarm off!" I yell.

The alarm turns off and out runs my least favorite people. Chairmen Drask and Prince able Zen. These two are part of the Upper group and they are the least powerful, so the other Uppers think they can take care of this place. "What are you doing here Comet? We thought you ran off for good." Chairmen Drask has never liked me, just for the fact, that I got away and sent a building down on top of him. What I heard, the other Uppers were thinking about pulling him out of the ranks completely.

"I came back to say I'm sorry and that you two were right. I should stay here and work on my powers like everyone else. Learn like everyone else." taking a big gulp of air and swallowing my pride and trust me it's really had for me to do that, even if I am faking it. "I've made up my mind to come back, because I'm tired of being an outcast from the others. So please let me come back to school and learn to be the best hero that I can be." I want to throw up, my words taste like passion in my mouth.

They look at me like they don't know who I am. As they are about to open their mouths, someone else talks before they do. "Welcome back Aria!"

-Oh crap it's her, this is going to be harder then I thought.-
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes you will hate me for that, but you will love me again in the next chapter. I think.

What do you all think?