Status: Do we really want to go down the path, that has been put down in front of us?

I'm No Hero

Ticking Time Bomb

Almost a week has passed and I have seen my grandma more then I would had liked. I like my grandma, don't get me wrong. But she is just like my parents and she is more into the glory about it all and nothing more. Back in the day, she had been the top of her game and then she had a family. I think that is when she started hating the world. But who knows, she could be a pissed old lady for whatever reason that no one else knows.

"Now Aria, do you know what you did this time?" grandma asks me as she sits behind her desk.

Family pictures plastered her wall, but none have me in them. They have my little brother in them, but no me. How is that for family love? "Far as I know, I didn't do anything this time." I say truthfully.

"You burned up your living plant."

I like to point out now, I get blamed for the most random and normal crap (in my case) ever. "I tried to bight me and it was a reaction."

"Why weren't you wearing your gloves?" she questions with the eyes of hawk ready to kill its pray.

Pulling out the gloves I throw them on the table. They are completely burned up, the only thing remaining is the bands and that's it. "Burned them up today."

She picks them up and looks them over. "Why didn't you say something?" she asks taking off her glasses.

Shrugging my shoulders, I lean back in the chair. "Figured I would end up here some time today, for whatever reason." I say with another motion of shrugging my shoulders.

She throws the gloves away and pulls out another pair and hands them to me. These gloves are different though. "These gloves should keep your powers more under control."

"Okay, anything else?" I ask stuffing the gloves in my pocket.

"No, go enjoy your day in town, since today is meant to be a free day." she says.

Getting up I leave her.

<><>

I could fall forever if I wanted, but someone would catch me and just wreck the experience for me, but oh well. Landing down on the ground a few blocks from Cheer place, I pull up my hood, Old habits don't die easily. Walking down the sidewalk, I can feel the gloves pulsate through my pocket.

Walking up the steps, I knock on the door. "Who is it?" Cheer asks as the camera over head moves to me. Waving he beeps me in.

Walking in, I close the door behind me and lock it up tight. "Aria is that you?" a woman voice calls out from upstairs.

"Hi Kim, I'll be up in a few mints to say hi." I tell her as I head to the lab door as it opens for me.

Walking in, Cheer is busy doing something big. "How is it going there?" he asks, as he focuses on what he is doing.

Going to him, I pull out the gloves and drop them beside him. He looks at them and quickly grabs a big glass and puts it over the gloves. "What was that for?"

"Tracker gloves, that drain your power. Did you put them on?" he whispers, as if his voice is to load.

Shaking my head no, he shakes his head and then grabs my hand leading me behind the shield that he uses when he is blowing stuff up. "Fire in the hole!" he yells and presses the big red button and a laser goes over the glass and blows up the glass and gloves.

"Okay then,"

He walks back to the table and makes sure that the gloves are no more. "Who gave them to you?"

"Grandma," I tell him as I sit down. "I figured something was up with them, that's why I brought them."

He shakes his head. "Smart girl,"

"Lunch is ready," Amy says through a speaker.

"Come on."

My phone beeps. "Yeah?" I say as soon as I pick up the phone.

"We might done something, that might make you mad." Josiah says.

Groaning, I watch as Cheer pulls up the news and shows what is going on. "Please don't tell me that you are fighting Ticking Time Boom."

He laughs in his scared way he does when he knows I'm going to hurt him later. "And what would you say yes?"

"Call Cole or someone else. I'm not a legit hero when it comes to it."

"Where is the Comet that we all know and love?!" Nora cries out over the phone as we watch her try to confuse the guy that can make freaking wrist watches into bombs.

Groaning I hang up the phone and just watch the news for a few more seconds. "You going to go help?" Cheer asks with his arms crossed.

"Do I have a choice?"

"Yes, but knowing you. You'll go help and blow something up or catch something on fire."

"Cross your fingers you kid doesn't get fire powers. If he some how does, fire proof everything." I say getting up on my feet.

"Already did, knowing you made me do it."

I can't help but laugh leaving the lab. "See ya' later Kim, can't stay!" I yell and then leave the building.

<><>

You know those friends, that you love and want to kill at the same time? Yeah, those are my friends.

Standing outside the fight zone, I size up Ticking Time Bomb, he got bigger the last time I had seen him. Or at least his bomb. It's sort of hard to tell, but the counting down number says we are running out of time.

Stepping out of the group of people, I go behind a building and quickly change and fly to my friends. "Thank God you're here!" Nora cries out and hugs me.

"Do me a favor and patch everyone through." I tell her.

She hands me an ear peace. "Here you go,"

Shaking my head with the best smile I can I scream into the ear peace. "You're all ideates!" flying up to the robot I stair at the master mind of wrecking my day. "Hey Ticker, you've been busy."

"Comet, so glad to see you." he says with a sneer with his googles covering half of his face.

"You to," popping my knuckles, I give him a smile. "You know, you messed up my day right? Now how about you be a friend, shut down the bomb or I shoot you and the bomb to the sun and watch you blow up."

He laughs at my command. "You will do no such thing, you are not a true hero."

"Do you see any 'true hero's?" looking around I see no one but my friend and myself. "No? Well that means we are the hero's. Now give up."

"How about not!" he slams his fist down on a big button cutting the time down to twenty seconds, making people scream.

"Oh now you see, that isn't nice. You scared all the people."

"Comet we don't have time for this!" Owen yells out.

Holding my ear to ear peace, I stair at the bad guy. "Teller, eject his seat, I'm sending the bomb to the sun."

His glass head for his robot starts to shake. "What?! No!" his glass head for his robot ejects and then he is jet rocketed out of the robot.

"Get business dealt with. Rocket, help me lift this thing we got fifteen seconds left."

We lift the robot, almost sending us down, but we fight through it and get it up in the air and fly as fast as we can. "It's all you!" Josiah yells as we hit the last lair for the earth.

He drops back and I grab hold of the robot leg as it hits the single numbers. Spinning around once, I use everything I have and send it into space. It blows up to close for me to get away in time and sends me down past Josiah. "Aria!"

Trying to focuses my body heats up, hotter then ever and I can feel it burning my skin. "Son of-" I grit my teeth and go full flame and aim for water.

"Aria what's going on?!" Nora cries out.

"No one catch me, I'm burning hotter then before and it's burning my skin. I'm aiming for water in the Atlantic. Soon as I surface, it's going to take some time for my body to heat down." the skin on my neck starts to sting as it blisters.

"It's because you are falling from the sky so fast, that is why you're burning up so fast." a male voice says through my ear peace.

"Stay out of this!" I yell out and yank out my ear peace and have it burn up.

The water gets closer and closer, then splash down. The water becomes an over heated bubble bath that smells like fish. Staying bellow the surface, I wish I hadn't burned my ear peace, cause all my clothes are burned up and so I can't ask for a new set for now. -Just my luck.-

Surfacing a ship is waiting for me, with my friends in it and Cole. "All guys turn away! Nora I need a towel!"

<><>

"Do you have any idea what you have done!" grandma yells out at all of us.

"No, what did we do, other then save the city?" I challenge.

"Aria don't," Cole warns.

"No Aria go on." grandma says crossing her arms in front of me. "I would like to hear what you have to say for your actions."

"Our actions are better then all of you. Where was all the hero's? No where to be found, if there was any in the city, then it would had been dealt with any second. But no they were not there. So we took care of their job. So you know what, we did better then you or any of you."

"You burned hotter then you should had and killed millions of fish!"

"My main power is fire! That is to be expected, so if you aren't going to tell us good job or have us do some lame detention detail, then we are not meant to be here!" I dare her to say anything to me or to make a move but she doesn't.

"All of you get out of here, but don't expect this as a good job." she says and then we leave.

Leaving her behind, we say nothing for a little bit until we are almost to the dorms. "Well that went better then it normally does." Nora says with a smile.

Josiah laughs and pats me on the back, but all it does is make me wobble on my feet. "You should had seen when she burned down half the school, we all got in trouble."

Cole grabs my arm before I face plant into the ground. "Aria what's wrong?" he asks, but quickly yanks his hand from my skin. "You're still burning up."

"Get me to the ice room."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone!