Status: Do we really want to go down the path, that has been put down in front of us?

I'm No Hero

Hot, Cold and Info

My body was freezing, but my core was still burning to hot. It was as if, the heat was the only thing that was keeping me alive. Which is true I'm sure. I made my friends put me in the ice room. It's the only room that will cool those of us with fire power. I don't know when they made this room, but it's the best place for me to be right now.

I don't know how much into the negatives I am now, but if I wanted to, I could most likely burn the room down. That's what I'm trying not to do.

POV: Cole

We watched her through the glass, as she sits on a bed not facing us. I can see her shaking, but not as much as I would had thought. She should be dead by now, because of how cold it is. But she not. "Does she burn that hot?" I ask the others.

"She didn’t use to burn that hot." Nora tells me, with her arms crossed, as she stairs at Aria with sad eyes. "They tested her the first time we started school together, they said she would burn hot but they didn’t know how much."

"They guessed, that maybe she could burn down a city if she didn’t keep her powers in check. But over the years, they found out, with in time she could run hot as much as the sun. Maybe even more." Owen whispers.

"What are they going to do with her now?"

A steal door opens and closers, then high heals click clack down the hallway. "Keep her in that freezer until she cools down." Aria grandmother tells us, as she walks over to us.

"How long for?" Josiah asks.

"Until she cools down."

"How long will that take?" I ask, staring at Aria. "How long can she even last in there?"

"Days or maybe months with how hot she running right now." her grandma tells us flatly.

I see no worry of a grandparents. All I see is a woman working through some sort of plan and I don't like that gleam in her eye. "What about class work?" I ask.

She turns away from us and starts walking away. "Don't worry about it." then she gone.

"Something wrong," I say more to myself then the others, but they shake their heads in agreement. "Who is up to some recon?"

"We are!" they all say together.

POV: Aria

It was dark in the hallway and dark in the bed room I was in. Pulling out my phone, I know I'm being watched, even with the lights off they can still since my body heat. Opening up my text box, I hunch over closer so I cover more of the phone and text Cheer.

Me: Body heat burning, hot as the sun!

I send it and it doesn’t take him long to text me back.

Cheer: Seen on news what happened. What temp are you at now?

Looking up at the motion next to the bed, there are cords hooked up to my body sensing how hot my body is right now. It's over 10,000, I can only guess since my body is so cold in this room is because of how cold it is. It’s the only thing keeping the heat from over taking my body.

Me: 10,000

Cheer: Wrap up in all the cold blankets around you and sit under the biggest air vent. That should give me enough time to get there. Keep ur head up kid.

-Easy for him to say.-

POV: Cole

I would never pick Aria friends as cover ops missions if I didn’t have to. But I'm stuck with them, so got to make the best of things. "Clear on my side." Nora says.

Walking past her, my shoulders are back and I'm walking tall. "Stop sneaking around, no one is around and the cameras aren't on. Remember?" I had asked Nora to shut down the cameras and just play a repeat of the empty hallway to buy us some time. "The only thing we got to worry about is other people."

"What about locked doors?" Owen asks.

"Oh you pour things, not knowing how to pick locks. Stick with me kids and you'll learn things you never knew you needed in life." I tell them, as we get to the office and then I pull out a lock pick kit. "Keep your eye out," they stand around me with their backs to me like frozen statues. -Should just did this myself. To late now. Damn it.-

POV: Aria

I was getting colder by the second and I don't think I could keep sitting under the air vent for much longer. My teeth were chattering and my body was shaking worse. Taking in a deep breath and letting it out, no fire comes out of my mouth. "Well that's a first." I chatter out.

The door opens, but I can't see who it is cause my eyelashes are sticking. "Feeling cold?" Cheer asks, coming into the room and picking me up in his arms.

"I can't leave the room or I'll heat up again." I chatter.

"I know, but don't worry I got something built for you. Come on we need to get out of here before someone comes."

"Kay',"

POV: Cole

Getting into the office, I hold up my hand it glows in the dark. We look around the office, Nora goes to the computer and hacks in, as I go throw files. "Ever wonder what it would be like to be ninjas?" Owen asks me.

"Stick with what you know," I tell him, as I flip through files fast.

"I think I just found something," Nora tells us.

Looking over her shoulder, it's info about chips being implanted in hero's and they having no choice but to lesson to who ever was handling them. There is even info about Aria parents and how they were one of the first sets of hero's put chips in. Then there more, but none of it makes since. "Down load all of this," I tell Nora.

The office door slams open and the lights flip on. "Get away from my desk!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe?
Recommend?
Comment?