I'll Tell You My Sins so You Can Sharpen Your Knife

Everything is true

Sarah was dragging herself to Dean’s side on her elbows. When she finally reached him, she lay her head next to his. “I guess marriage wasn’t in the cards for either of us.”

He coughed up a laugh, and Coyote switched his attention to them. He walked over and squatted down to look at them, almost sniffing their blood.

“You’re dying.” He observed. “You know, I brought Death into the world.”

Sarah smiled like it was all a big joke. “Sure you did.”

“I can take it back.” He offered. “I can take your death away. But then I won’t be able to say anything about your precious daughter. If you die, they’ll have to leave her alone. It’s bad PR, you know, killing children these days. Then things will have to play out as they will.”

“Save her.” Sarah commanded.

Coyote looked at Dean, who nodded, then stood and straightened his suit jacket. “As you wish.”

Sam rushed forward to his brother and Sarah, and knelt in Coyote’s place. “Oh, God – “

But Sarah’s eyes were already rolling into the back of her head. Sarah had a weird sensation, as if she were made of air. She sat up and blinked, focusing on Castiel kneeling infront of her and smiling kindly. He had her hand in his.

“How do you feel?” he asked.

“Fine.” Sarah said with surprise, allowing him to pull her to her feet. She looked around the room, which was suddenly filled with people. “Why are all these people here?”

He gave her a strange smile. “They’re here to pay their respects.”

“To what?”

He gestured and Sarah looked to see her own body, legs at strange angles, next to Dean, who was trying to breath with a crushed chest and a pool of blood growing around him. Sam kneeled over his brother, trying to keep it together.

“It won’t be long now.” An elderly man with a cane and a pocket watch said. “Aaron, take Sarah Murphy.”

“No.” Sarah whispered, grabbing Castiel’s arm. “Let me wait for him. Please. I want to go with him.”

The man rolled his eyes. “Humans.” He muttered.

Dean was coughing. Red sprayed out of his mouth. “I think this is it, Sammy.” He said hoarsely. “No coming back this time.”

“That’s probably for the best.”

“Is Sarah…?”

“She’s gone.”

“Good.” He closed his eyes, then opened them. “Hey, Sammy, you look after Liz, you hear?”

“I will.”

“Don’t…don’t let her hunt. Not unless she wants to. Don’t raise her in it. let us be the last.” He coughed up more blood. “And don’t let her date guys like me. I caused her mother nothing but trouble.”

Sarah laughed through her tears as Sam promised, and Dean’s hand fell limp in his. The man Aaron bent down and pulled up Dean’s spirit. It was so strange to watch. Dean stepping up and away from Dean.

He looked at the old man. “Death. Here to make it count?”

“Of course.” Death replied. “And I will say, we are so very glad to be here.”

“And the audience?”

“An honor guard, I’m afraid. They seem very insistent on you going upstairs.”

Dean finally saw Sarah, and she reached out and took his hand. “Are you ready?” she asked.

He smiled and pulled her close, kissing next to her ear. “I’ll find you up there.” He promised. “Follow the road.”

Dean released her and looked at Death. “I think she’d be more comfortable if Cass took her.”

Death sighed. “Unconventional, but fine.”

Sarah slipped her hand into Castiel’s and allowed him to embrace her. There was a bright light, and –

Sarah was sitting at the kitchen table in her childhood home. Her father was spreading half an inch of peanut butter on white bread.

“A special melted PB and J for my very special girl.” He was saying

Sarah remembered this. She had been five.

“What about Mommy?” she asked.

Her father put both side of the sandwich together and put it in the microwave. “Why do you ask that?”

“Mommy makes books fly and she hurts people. She says she can because she’s special/”

Her father sighed and took her hands. “Sarah, you are a hundread times more special than your mother. Never forget that.”

She nodded.

He forced a tired smile. “Now, give me a kiss.”

She leaned forward and gave him a child’s peck on the lips.

“And lets eat some PB and J lava.”

As he turned around to get the plate, Sarah stood and walked out of the house, and began to walk up street. It would probably be a little longer before Dean found her. She could make a few more stops. The house next door was her cabin in New Jersey, and through the window she could see Crowley in his chair. But she kept walking, and the forest turned into a junk yard. She followed the drive way and soon came to Bobby’s house. She went inside and found what she was looking for in the living room.

“Cheddar popcorn is obviously the superior snack.” Dean was saying.

“There is something so wrong with you.” Sam said. “What about licorice?”

“Oh, you mean the devil’s candy? In disguise as something that might be tasty?”

“How can you say that?” Sam looked at Sarah as she sat next to him on the couch. “What do you think, Sarah?”

“Me? I’m happy with a bag of sour cream and onion chips.”

Both the Winchesters made faces. “Gross.”

Bobby wheeled in with a lap full of beer and parked himself next to Sarah. “Figure out a way to get them idjits to shut up yet?” he asked.

“No, I’m just happy they don’t have to share anything.”

Bobby snorted and reached for the remote to start the movie. Sarah stood and walked out the backdoor of the house, following a narrow dirt path. The path soon turned to a cement roof, and when she reached the end she sat and took a deep breath of the clean air. The lights of New Jersey twinkled at her.

She heard footsteps and Dean sat next to her, taking her hand. “I knew I’d find you here.”

She smiled. “I can be predictable, huh?”

“I’m just surprised this isn’t the time we took Liz here.”

“It’s all going chronologically. I think this is before I took you here.”

“Ah.” He traded her hand for her shoulder and pulled her close, kissing the top of her head. “I meant what I said, all those years ago when you took me here.”

She closed her eyes. “But I’m not human.”

“No.” he agreed. “You’re not. You’re better.” He kissed her again. “You’re too good to be human. I’ve always been the monster.”

She breathed deeply and let his warmth embrace her. “Liz will be okay, right?”

“She’ll probably have some rough patches, I know I did, but she’ll be okay. Sammy and Cass will keep an eye on her.”

She nodded.

“Come on. Some old friends are waiting for us. My mom wants to meet you.”

“Bobby?”

He smiled and helped her up. “Yes. And Jo and Ellen. Cass.”

“Alright.” She agreed, looking at the view one last time. “Alright.”
♠ ♠ ♠
And now we've reached the end. Quite a long road this has been.

You all have been fantastic. Thank you for coming all this way with me.