I'll Tell You My Sins so You Can Sharpen Your Knife

To be Irish is to know that in the end, the world will break your heart

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dear Diary,
Some news at last. Sam and Dean were shot (didn’t say it was good news) and took a little side trip up to heaven. They met with an angel who still has a connection to God, who seems to not give a shit about anything anymore. Cass is heartbroken. I can’t seem to find anyone who doesn’t have Daddy issues. At least my Mommy issues are interesting.
Maybe when the Apocalypse hits I’ll be allowed to go home.
-Sarah


CRASH!

“Don’t herd me!” Bobby was shouting indignantly. “I can get myself around, thank you.”

With a sigh, Sarah set down her journal and headed downstairs towards the source of the commotion. Dean walked past her, rolling his eyes. With a sigh she picked up a large piece of shattered mug. It was still hot.

“Idjit.” Bobby was grumbling.

“Come on, Bobby.” She said softly, grabbing the handles of his chair. “I’ll clean it up.”

“Hmph.”

She slowly pushed him into the living room. Sam was buried in a book and Dean paced the room. Sarah put a hand on Bobby’s shoulder and squeezed gently. He was sad, frustrated, helpless. Their friends had died, and he was stuck in his chair.

She knew a few spells that could heal minor cuts and burns. She had enough power where she could heal broken bones, provided afterwards she were allowed to pass out. But paralysis was a big job. It would take a small coven. And the broken heart? She wouldn't even know where to start.

And most of the witches Sarah knew wanted her head as a Thanksgiving centerpiece.

~*~

Sarah was finally allowed to return home. With Castiel abandoning his search for God, he cared about many things even less than he did before. He spent most of his time with Sarah now, either drunk or hung over. At least, until the boys called on him.

And then, on occasion, Castiel would bring Sarah with him.

“It’s the only way we can make it work, Dean.” Sam pleaded as Sarah and Castiel appeared.

“There’s another way!” Dean roared.

“No, there’s not! We are out of options and you know it!”

“Oh, good.” Dean said with relief. “You two can talk him out of it.”

“Out of what?” Sarah asked.

“He’s going to say yes! To Lucifer!”

Sarah rolled her eyes. “Come on, Dean. You were about to say yes at one point too. Don’t yell at him.”

“That’s right, Sarah.” Dean snarled, turning from relief to anger. “Take his side.”

“Well, when the alternative is screaming like an ape like you are – “

“And how the hell will we get him out of that cage?”

“Well, we’re gonna have to home someone takes pity on us and springs him.”

“And when was the last time your prayers were answered? In case you haven’t noticed, GOD DOESN’T GIVE A SHIT!”

“About ten minutes before my ass got dragged here. I was so happy to not be around you.”

“ENOUGH!” Castiel roared, making Dean and Sarah jump. “THIS ISN’T ABOUT EITHER OF YOU!”

Both had the good graces to look sorry.

Castiel turned his attention onto Sam. “Sam, is this what you want?”

Sam snorted. “Honestly? No. I leave and those two will kill each other.”

“I can assure you that will not happen.”

“It was a joke, Cass.”

~*~

Wednesday, November 3, 2009

Dear Diary,
The Apocolypse came and went, and I’m still standing.
Castiel says that there’s trouble upstairs. Some of the angels, namely Raphael, want to restart the whole party. And Cass is having a hard enough time trying to tell the brothers and sister that will hear him that they can do whatever they want now.
I’m going to double-check the angel proofing on the cottage. They came for me when Castiel simply disobeyed orders, who knows what will happen if he starts a civil war.
Castiel the Rebel General. That will be the day.
It seems that Crowley took over downstairs. A very smooth transition, from what he’s told me. Redecorated and everything.
Sam’s still gone. I almost wish…well it’s stupid but I almost wish we didn’t let him say yes. One man for the world, but it’s so much different when you know the man. I wonder how Dean’s taking it all. Bobby says he hasn’t heard from him at all. That can’t be good.


There was a knock on the door. Sarah sighed and stood, shuffling towards it. She hadn’t had a human visitor for a while.

Sarah opened the door, saw Sam, and slammed it shut.

“Sarah!” Sam called. “Sarah! Please!”

“Not doing this!” she called back, leaning against the door with her eyes shut tightly. “No way. Not getting involved in the Winchester Reincarnation Project!”

“Come on, Sarah. Just open up!”

Sarah slowly opened the door and Sam gave her a half-hearted smile. “Miss me?”

Sarah sighed. “Of course, you oaf.”

Sam moved in and hugged her, and she stiffened and held in a gasp. His aura, she felt it as he moved into her personal space. It didn’t feel right. It was cold and…almost not there…

She mechanically hugged him back, pushing the awful thought from mind. Maybe she was wrong. Maybe it had something to do with the cage.

She pulled away, let him in the house, and looked outside before shutting the door. “Where’s your asshole brother?” she asked.

“With Lisa. Normal life.”

She nodded. “Good. Does Bobby know you’re back?”

“Just saw him.”

Sarah crossed her arms with a disapproving frown. “So, Dean’s the only person who doesn’t know you’re back. He’s going to be pissed.”

“He’s not going to know.”

“Yes, he will. He’s gonna find out somehow.”

“Since when do you give a damn about Dean and his feelings?”

“Just cause we butt heads doesn’t mean I don’t care about him. This will be a deep hurt.”

Sam waved her off. “Got food for a dead man?”

“Sure.” She sighed. “Kitchen’s straight back.”

Walking behind him, she kept an eye on the mirror on the wall as he passed it. But there was nothing wrong with his reflection. He looked like Sam, talked like Sam, smelt like Sam. So it had to be Sam.

Right?